Thailand to allow quarantine-free travel from 46 countries, PM says

webfact

There are changes for the better. But there is little change for my country. It is not on the list of 46 countries, and in any case, before the trip, you need a Thai visa from the consulate (which is not in my country). A few years ago, Thailand temporarily abolished the consular fee for visas in the winter months to stimulate tourism. It is very strange that this has not been done now, when it is necessary to stimulate tourism more than ever before.

Edited by Farangus

They took their last book to record nationalities and visitors and income on base of that they made up this 46 countries list 

Those 46 half of them are high risk classified by their authorities it self 

well they don't need to lie  like kids they may just say 46 top spending countries but NOT LOW RISK 

4 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

This is exactly the reaction that the authoritarians expected.  They take something important from you, then later toss you a few crumbs.  They knew you wouldn't say a word about what they took, and would be grateful for the little they returned.

They did not take anything from me, What ever was taken was taken by covid. And I am grateful to be alive and unharmed and that the covid situation seems to be winding down, 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

Right...Covid is a sentient being that's dictating policies and procedures to the humans.  The Covid situation is not actually winding down.  The numbers of new cases and deaths in many countries is increasing or coming off of high levels.  The reason the situation 'seems' to be winding down is due to the people making decisions about how to handle these increases.  A strand of infectious RNA didn't close borders or limit travel.

A couple of months ago we had aver twenty thousand cases, now we have less than ten thousand. I would call that winding down . 

The covid viruses is certainly not a sentient entity and after this reply I am begging to wonder about you  .????

Borders were closed,  and travel was limited as a reaction to covid.

Non sentient entities often elicit reactions from sentient entities, 

I am sure you often close your windows to keep mosquitoes out, and when your wife complains you blame the mosquitoes and not yourself.  ???? 

42 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

This is exactly the reaction that the authoritarians expected.  They take something important from you, then later toss you a few crumbs.  They knew you wouldn't say a word about what they took, and would be grateful for the little they returned.

Yes, this secret cabal wanted to badly damage the economy worldwide in order to increase their power and make unsuspecting citizens their serfs. And the various public health services worldwise have been their accomplices in this nefarious scheme. It's a shame that Daniel Craig is retiring from the Bond franchise now when we need him the most. Anyway, I hear that they serve absolutely exquisite peanut butter & jelly sandwiches at their functions. Apparently, they're literally to die for. That is, if you're not a member.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Yes, this secret cabal wanted to badly damage the economy worldwide in order to increase their power and make unsuspecting citizens their serfs. And the various public health services worldwise have been their accomplices in this nefarious scheme. It's a shame that Daniel Craig is retiring from the Bond franchise now when we need him the most. Anyway, I hear that they serve absolutely exquisite peanut butter & jelly sandwiches at their functions. Apparently, they're literally to die for. That is, if you're not a member.

The binary, black and white response from another Covid fantic.  Total submission to the collective or conspiracy theories.  FYI, it's the strawman arguments that resulted in damaged economics, societies and political systems; not debate about the means to combat a serious disease.

17 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

The binary, black and white response from another Covid fantic.  Total submission to the collective or conspiracy theories.  FYI, it's the strawman arguments that resulted in damaged economics, societies and political systems; not debate about the means to combat a serious disease.

If not a conspiracy , maybe there's some other reason that public health services have overwhelmingly endorsed strict measures? Like prudence, for example.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

China, Russia, and UK are having COVID resurgence.

Safe countries doesn't really mean "safe" in Thailand.  

It's just dollar signs.

A little bit early to be calling covid cases in China a resurgence. So far they're scattered and few.

As for Russia, it's not a resurgence. Covid never went away. In one of the few cases where Russians should trust their govt they don't. The Russia govt has been lying about the extent of the govt. While they report something over 200,000 cases of death by Covid, the actual number is probably somewhat in excess of 700,000. At least that's the excess mortality figure. Excess mortality being, in this case, the the number of deaths in excess of what statisticians had predicted before covid came on the scene.

The UK is the only one of the 3 countries cited that actually is experiencing a resurgence. The probably cause is excessive relaxation of mask wearing and social distancing measures. But there is also a new subvariant of D circulating that is a bit more transmissible.

Edited by placeholder

33 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

Thanks for the namecalling and the allegations.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

A little bit early to be calling covid cases in China a resurgence. So far they're scattered and few.

As for Russia, it's not a resurgence. Covid never went away. In one of the few cases where Russians should trust their govt they don't. The Russia govt has been lying about the extent of the govt. While they report something over 200,000 cases of death by Covid, the actual number is probably somewhat in excess of 700,000. At least that's the excess mortality figure. Excess mortality being, in this case, the the number of deaths in excess of what statisticians had predicted before covid came on the scene.

The UK is the only one of the 3 countries cited that actually is experiencing a resurgence. The probably cause is excessive relaxation of mask wearing and social distancing measures. But there is also a new subvariant of D circulating that is a bit more transmissible.

I just looked at the countries allowed in and Russia wasn't on it.

Just a few days ago there was a lot of talk about how great it will be to have our Russian "friends" back.

From November 1, quarantine will not be mandatory for double-jabbed travellers from Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States and Hong Kong

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40007841

It'll be interesting to see how things evolve in China.

1 hour ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

Get out from under that rock young lady.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Looks as its going from bad to worse in Russia.

CNN: Moscow is going back into lockdown as Covid-19 deaths multiply in Russia.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/21/europe/moscow-lockdown-october-2021-covid-intl/index.html

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

couple of months ago we had aver twenty thousand cases, now we have less than ten thousand. I would call that winding down . 

The pandemic works in "waves".

It's nice that things have settled down.

Next month there could be 50,000 cases in your location.

Up from the thousand you speak of now.

Thats what has been going on for almost two years unfortunately.

51 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

The pandemic works in "waves".

It's nice that things have settled down.

Next month there could be 50,000 cases in your location.

Up from the thousand you speak of now.

Thats what has been going on for almost two years unfortunately.

Central and Eastern Europe recently opened up and relaxed rules despite mostly low vaccination rates. Rates that in some countries are similar to Thailand's. Even in those that are quite a bit higher than Thailand's currently are, It hasn't gone well.  I don't see why the same thing won't happen in Thailand.

Edited by placeholder

11 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

they want verification of where u can be found if you are positive.  if you holed up in your private residence maybe they can t find you. i think the one night rule is totally acceptable.  part of doing business.  remember the previous deal was 7 days.  

Well so do I, so you  maybe quoted the wrong end of this difference of opinion. 

I do, and there are about 5 million who have now. Did you miss that?

Some context:

• Global Covid Deaths: 5,000,000 (poster quoted)
  • Global Population: 2019 Snapshot: 7,700,000,000 (source)
  • Global Population Current: 7,901,600,0001
  • Covid Deaths As % Population: 0.06% (based on poster quote)
  • 2020-Present Monetary Stimulus In USD Terms: $15,000,000,000,000+ (Yes, that is what fifteen trillion dollars looks like written out) [source]
  • Population Increase In 2021 YTD: 65,600,0002
  • Total Population Change % 2019-Present: +2.62%
  • Total Population Change # 2019-Present: + 201,600,000 (Yes, in the midst of this terrifying pandemic, global population could have grown by more than two-hundred-million people.
  • Source for 1 and 2here.

You can hate the messenger, but numbers are what they are. No further comments at this time.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:18 PM, alyx said:

Well...again another post for nothing as we have been fed with that all afternoon

We also need the exact details

And, again this is not a quarantine-free travel, (although it is great improvement... if confirmed  and recorded in the Royal Gazette)

Yes i am waiting for this exact thing. I am flying from the UK on the 5th and landing the 6th into Bangkok. Do i need a COE, Insurance, ASQ Hotel, Etc. 

23 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

You can hate the messenger, but numbers are what they are. No further comments at this time.

Why should I.... none of the numbers you quoted diminish the magnitude of this pandemic in my eyes, but thank you for drawing my attention to them unnecessarily.....

Hey 

I know that it is time of confusion and we will have to wait for clarification. However I have three questions  and  if anyone with an idea or an information could share it here, would be great

1) Semi-Commercial or Commercial flights: is there still an obligation to go through the semi as I am aware that Qatar, for example, claims that they fly commercial to Thailand now ?

2) A few weeks ago I wanted t o book an authorised flight to Bkk with Thai on a specific date. I was told that the only possibility was  to board for Phuket as only direct flights were authorised under the Covid situation or reschedule (which I can't).

Since that very flight is going to Bkk with a stop over to Phuket, would the current new conditions allow this trip to Bangkok? ( of course I will contact them but in the meanwhile ,,,)

3) Utter confusion. regarding the Thailand Pass: I was under the impression that this was going to be through a dedicated website whereas I can read here and there that Embassies are to deal with it from November the 1st, and it would take seven days to process the application. Any intel ?

Sincerely, I do not think that this is going to go down very well , not to say at all, with tourists. These new rules make some of us happy, those with ties with the Kingdom, who, like me, planned their return according to the evolution and the easing of the entry. These conditions are satisfactory all things considered but definitely not good enough for the regular person who just wants to enjoy a week holiday or even longer (much more to factor in then ),

That might be fine for neighbouring countries but assuredly not for Europe, Canada or US

The process is as demanding as tedious

15 minutes ago, Wullie Mercer said:

How can Thailand include China ion their list, it has been proved their vaccine is very poor and they have put a ban on their nationals travelling within China???

Well that is like putting a ban on Saudis drinking alcohol in Thailand ....

Chinas infection number (true or not) are not high.... but the reality is the benefit to Thailand, they will get a lot more from China than Lichtenstein.

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Central and Eastern Europe recently opened up and relaxed rules despite mostly low vaccination rates. Rates that in some countries are similar to Thailand's. Even in those that are quite a bit higher than Thailand's currently are, It hasn't gone well.  I don't see why the same thing won't happen in Thailand.

Its going to be an  interesting few months.