Thailand to allow quarantine-free travel from 46 countries, PM says

webfact

Great to see my country on the list.Thailand is making good progress considering they started widespread roll out of vaccines since the beginning September. That said wife n I will wait til the New Year to see how much further they relax entry requirements before buying our plane tickets.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If that was all it was then it would be fine, But its not, its additional testing on arrival and a quarantine until proven virus free and insurance, and.........................

My Thai son in Chiang Mai just sent me a LINE message. On early morning radio news PM wants final test on arrival / 1 night stay in Bangkok cancelled, if the traveler: 

- Has proof of double vaccination and 21 days gap after final jab to flight date.

- Traveler is coming from a 'clean' country.

- Negative report of swab test no older than 72 hrs before flight date/time.

- Fit to fly document signed by a licensed doctor, no older than 72 hrs before flight date/time, stating no symptoms of Covid 19.

Seems to me there will be several news items today, we wait and see.

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

To me it seems that they're trying to drum up business for the mostly empty Thai hotels forcing resident and long time stayers people to go to a hotel, tourists i understand, but us long time residents? what's the point?

Also, me think that these rules are not set in stone don't be surprised if tomorrow or next day they will change for better or worse, after all, This Is Thailand right?...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

Mr. Puppet,  nice to hear but can you check with your BOSS Mr. Anutin who might be running for office against you?  he said the opposite yesterday that you still need to PCR test on arrival will be taken to a number of special location for the testing must have a reservation at one of the many ASQ for one day until the results come in and that includes by Air! 

When you two sort this mess out and open and be very clear with everyone say and print this!

" Thailand to open just have proof of vaccination and PRC results before arriving, NO INSURANCE, NO TESTING WHEN ARRIVING, NO NEED TO CONTACT THE THAI EMBASSY FOR C.O.E, THAILAND PASS MEAN JUST THAT!  PASS IT ALL UP JUST COME LAND OF SMILES "????

What I say goes I'm really in charge is that clear enough?

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Desperate actions in desperate times. Great Britain on the list with 100,000 cases a day and going back into lockdown. Thailand badly needs  a government that knows how to govern rather than one that flops around  trying to be popular. What happened to the great wine announcement about CHEAPER WINE? Oh maybe I dreamt that it really wasn't announced. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Struth, It’s a night in a hotel. A lot of people (not all) when they arrive after travelling for many hours just want to doss for a night to recharge the battery. 

Actually I would want to make a connecting flight to Khon Kaen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My Thai son in Chiang Mai just sent me a LINE message. On early morning radio news PM wants final test on arrival / 1 night stay in Bangkok cancelled, if the traveler: 

- Has proof of double vaccination and 21 days gap after final jab to flight date.

- Traveler is coming from a 'clean' country.

- Negative report of swab test no older than 72 hrs before flight date/time.

- Fit to fly document signed by a licensed doctor, no older than 72 hrs before flight date/time, stating no symptoms of Covid 19.

Interesting. Very interesting...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Just 100,000 foreign visitors are expected this year, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand

Wait a minute !! Can someone please help TAT and give them new batteries for their calculator as it’s obviously broke from these numbers . 
Or is this fake news as TAT only deal in millions arriving from what they said over the last two months !

3 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Come for what did you ask?

- The "beautiful" slimey beaches of Pattaya?

- The rabid but very friendly soi dogs roaming everywhere?

- The warm weather with a free very high 2.5PM unbreathable air?

- The gigatons of plastic trash washed ashore everywhere?

- The atrocious never ending Bangkok trafic jams?

- The ladyboys of Soi 7?

Plenty of reasons to come to Thailand!

Take your pick!

You forgot the wet markets... they're a real draw, 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I'm confused because one- to two-day quarantine does not sound like "quarantine-free". Somebody please explain.

It's technically accurate, since "quarantine" means you're isolated to see whether you develop symptoms, whereas this is just holding you aside until your test results come back (which they could easily do inside the airport if they wanted to). But yes, that's a distinction without a difference.

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

I read this: According to the foreign ministry, travellers must have resided in the eligible countries and territories for at least 21 consecutive days--- So if you are living in Thailand and travel to one of these countries and stay less than 21 consecutive days, then WHAT?

For the Phuket Sandbox, people living in Thailand who flew to an approved country for a brief visit and returned directly to Thailand were not subject to any minimum stay requirement in order to participate in the program, since Thailand was presumed to be cleaner than any other nation. I will be surprised if the same rule doesn't apply to this new scheme.

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Struth, It’s a night in a hotel. A lot of people (not all) when they arrive after travelling for many hours just want to doss for a night to recharge the battery. 

It’s hardly a big deal but I guess if it’s not this it will be something else to have a moan about. 

Well it's a big deal for people wanting to just land in BKK and then catch a connecting flight to their destination city. Now one has to spend a night or 2 in hotel and take taxis. The quick antigen tests would be a better idea.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayBird said:

Did they say what happens if you test positive on arrival?  (Might be a false positive, or caught it on plane )

But if you caught it on the plane would it show up as POSITIVE immediately after arrival?

Or does it need several days to develop in the human body to test POSITIVE? 

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I have an apartment in Bangkok. I want to go straight there. I don't want to pay for their unnecessary hotel. 

I have a house in Chonburi and it was 15 days when I applied to return on 21st Sept, significant improvement in a short time.

What you want and what you get are never the same but feel free to keep on whinging.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1