Thailand to allow quarantine-free travel from 46 countries, PM says

webfact

1 hour ago, Andyfez said:

'Thailand lost about $50 billion in tourism revenue last year, an 82% plunge.'

Of course, tourism is on very first place of the falangs' sorrow.  Anybody can assume how the other 70 mil. of population care about this? There are other areas keeping Thailand alive.

Seeing the figures like the one above, or what was here recently claimed: it's not 12% of GDP but 30%.

Just when driving from Bkk to Pattaya, seeing on both sides factories, every minute passing a trailer with container.  How many buses with tourists? And how much such tourist bus is worth in comparison with the container?

Not speaking about the industrial estates on Eastern Board, around Bkk, North, Isaan, etc?  Ports are full of containers waiting on ship vacancy, not minding the overheated shipping prices.  And the containers do not carry just toys and handicrafts.

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Pay attention as how the list is Alphabetically sorted but then Hong Kong which starts with the letter H is listed as very last on the 46th spot.

The Chinese masters will be pleased.

Only 10 Days ago the Thai Authorities were spouting that Russia was one of there main target Countries for the opening, yet they have failed to make this list.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Pay attention as how the list is Alphabetically sorted but then Hong Kong which starts with the letter H is listed as very last on the 46th spot.

Do we see Taiwan on the list?

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Only 10 Days ago the Thai Authorities were spouting that Russia was one of there main target Countries for the opening, yet they have failed to make this list.

UK tops russias cases 4 times per 100k

US tops russias cases 4 times per 100k

Lithuania: most cases per 100k in a world

Bulgaria: most covid deaths per 100k inna world 

Decision to exclude Russia is absurd knowing that russia is a part of a sandbox program.

Feels like someone want to <deleted> me but no dinner.

While this is good news  for tourists arriving in Thailand November 1st

What about restaurants  serving Alcohol  seemingly December was mentioned  surely November would be better why wait a month ????

Tourists plus everyone else  here in Thailand would enjoy a Alcohol. drink with their dinning out 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I guess it's became Hong Kong is part of China....1 country,  2 systems,  the major difference at the moment is that HK people can travel but mainlanders are not. Maybe it was tacked onto this list (if it's official ) as an afterthought. 

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Struth, It’s a night in a hotel. A lot of people (not all) when they arrive after travelling for many hours just want to doss for a night to recharge the battery. 

It’s hardly a big deal but I guess if it’s not this it will be something else to have a moan about. 

Certainly not anybody I know. It's throw your bags in your room and make a dash for the bars. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Struth, It’s a night in a hotel. A lot of people (not all) when they arrive after travelling for many hours just want to doss for a night to recharge the battery. 

It’s hardly a big deal but I guess if it’s not this it will be something else to have a moan about. 

Well, to be fair, they could set up their testing stations in the arrivals area, do ATK tests and have your results in your hand by the time your bags arrive on the carousel. Thus removing the requirement for an SHA+ booking. But they can't do that because the owners of those hotels have parted with a lot of brown envelopes to get their SHA+ status and so far have not seen the millions of baht the government told them they'd get off of the hundreds of thousands (??) of tourists they'd be accommodating. The government is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They wan to make it easier for tourists to come here (obviously without opening bars etc.) but at the same time there are so many hi-so's with  shares in the SHA+ hotels that need to be kept happy too. Tourists will be here a few weeks or months, those hi-so's will be having a go at them for years so they choose the path of least resistance.

Does anyone know who the 46 countries are and what the exact entry requirements are, we keep getting these broad statements that omit crucial facts and knowing these politicians that's on purpose so they can flip flop when it suits them, SADLY!

4 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

And that is what matters the most, posters on TV seem to not pay attention to this very crucial detail.

What is posted in the Royal Gazette becomes law, de-facto.

Brace yourselves, this is happening.

Yeah, not sure about the efficacy of this selective curfew lifting. So the curfew gets lifted in Muang Cha Am so you can keep your restaurant open until whatever time in the morning (unlikely since you can't serve alcohol - legally) but your staff live outside Muang Cha Am.  So they will be typing up exemption letters for people who need to travel home to areas where the curfew still occurs. Also, how is this going to look to the Thai population in general? "Oh, so they can lift the curfew for places where the farang want to go but not for us natives!" Yeah, that's really going to help with Thai/foreigner relations!

According to Channel 3 news, there’s an exception to the vaccination rule for people coming from 46 countries. Children under the age of 18 who are not eligible for vaccination, and are travelling with parents, only need to do a RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before departure.

FCRw0lkUUAUx-vu.jpg.1cc2e984dbc53aed31bd089a4b447de9.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1451409038005002247

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flink said:

Well, to be fair, they could set up their testing stations in the arrivals area, do ATK tests and have your results in your hand by the time your bags arrive on the carousel. 

I doubt that’s doable with a flight of 500 arriving and at peak times everyone knows what the queues and groans are already like at immigration let alone another queue for testing. Then there’s the unreliability of the test. 

So they have chosen to take the more reliable and safe option.

Personally out of the two options  I think the correct one. 

Edited by Kadilo

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I doubt that’s doable with a flight of 500 arriving and at peak times everyone knows what the queues and groans are already like at immigration let alone another queue for testing. Then there’s the unreliability of the test. 

So they have chosen to take the more reliable and safe option.

Personally out of the two options  I think the correct one. 

I would agree that the PCR test is possibly more accurate, however, we are talking about fully vaccinated people who tested negative prior to the flight. Now, assuming the flight crew are all tested and negative and fully vaccinated that only leaves the arrival and departure points as areas of possible infection. The PCR test is capable of picking up any infection but only 4 to 5 days after infection. So the test either has to be used days after arrival (hence the testing regime at ASQ's) or it will not show any infection even on the infected. Hence you may as well just use the ATK test if you only want to keep people isolated for one day.

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah and what if you've been unfortunate enough to get covid on the flight or at any of the many airports you pass through or the taxi, bus or train you may have been on? Your one month stay is now down to two weeks.... you've done your hotel money and got to stump up for hotel quarentine. Nice.

7 hours ago, kevin612 said:

So basically everything is the same except 1 day quarantine. Insurance, Thailand pass, PCR test will prevent people from entering.

The insurance is still the $100.000 scam, isn't it? I cannot see the unelected PM stopping that as long as he can get away with it. It is sure one hell of a moneymaker.

2 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

Yeah and what if you've been unfortunate enough to get covid on the flight or at any of the many airports you pass through or the taxi, bus or train you may have been on? Your one month stay is now down to two weeks.... you've done your hotel money and got to stump up for hotel quarentine. Nice.

Yes, sad that you have got the virus en route, but good that it’s detected and you are quarantined from stopping it being spread to others. 

It’s the risk and price you either are, or not willing to take to protect the safety of yourself and others. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

And Czech Republic, yes, but not Slovakia? Very odd.

What are the odds that whoever drafted that list typed in Google search "List of European countries" then translated it to Thai and copy/pasted it using a very very very VERRRYYY outdated list of European countries dating all the way back to the 80's back when the Czech Republic and Slovakia were one and only one country under the name Czechoslovakia?

Nothing would surprise me anymore afterall, this is Thailand. TIT.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

The "big deal" as you put it is, a PCR test and at least one night in a hotel, not of your choice, so for a family of 4, that's quite a lot?

4 PCR tests at 3,800 baht and one night in a hotel, that will way over 20,000 before they even start their vacation.

If one of the family tests positive, then its not going to be much fun, is it??

Be careful.....you are stating the obvious there. Unfortunately some people can't see past their own situation and look at the bigger picture.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Then don't bother.... I expect you have to either accept their requirements or not travel. 

I really don't see it as so bad considering what was previously required. 

Anything that is filling a certain persons pocket at the expense of the ordinary people is bad, very bad.

2 hours ago, kennw said:

So it's not as bad as before so thats good? Wake up, analyze the intent, if its so that you can be "contacted", then straight to your own apartment should be allowed. If it is to keep you in a secure hotel to keep you away from others until the test result is positive, then this is quarantine. Say it like it is. "One day quarantine if test is positive".

I am fully awake, not in need of your help.

Stop panicking and looking for reds under the bed.

It is one day quarantine if you prefer... but if positive, I would suspect more.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

Avoid jumping on a plane to Thailand with a large group of Thai's returning to A/Q who have not been tested or even vaccinated

Edited by Bkk Brian