Russell Crowe in Thailand: Now Oscar winner meets his "Thai Police Hero" who "starred" in viral video

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I am willing to talk about the extent of the devastation, that the tourism authorities, and the government most certainly is avoiding. Do they want to discuss soaring homelessness, soaring unemployment, inflation, and a contracting economy? Do you?

You are willing to post on a totally ineffectual website. Congrats.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

You are willing to post on a totally ineffectual website. Congrats.

Thanks. Appreciate the support. The Bangkok Post and the Nation always refuse to publish my editorial letters. And the senate have not invited me to speak. Maybe when it cuts too close to the truth, it can be too painful a thing to bear. Especially in the face of such economic obliteration, and the Prayuth poverty plague. 

Edited by spidermike007

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Look at Crowe's Twitter feed and his posts about Thailand - he is loving it.  Perhaps he is genuinely enjoying Thailand, enjoying the Thai warmth, the hospitality, just like he says.  The story of that policeman went around the world - BBC, CNN, national newspapers globally.  Perhaps Crowe saw the story - as did millions of people - and asked to meet him.  Ever thought about that? 

Once again, horrible negativity and cynicism by the TVF populace.  Quite sad.  Do you honestly think Russel Crowe had not seen this story and the Thai police just asked him to pose with the guy and call him his hero?  And he just agreed?

Sometimes good news stories are just good news stories.  Get a life and feel some positivity.

Its not a whole host of negativity, yes of course these actors and celebrities have to do things and say things that they are told to.....its called promotion.

Just looks like a total set up to me and thats the way things are done the majority of the time.

I am not expecting Crowe's twitter feed to be filled with negativity about the country he is filming in, regardless of his personal point of view.

Maybe he twitter previously mentioned this Thai guy previously!? No thought not, no hes never heard of him before.....

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

Its not a whole host of negativity, yes of course these actors and celebrities have to do things and say things that they are told to.....its called promotion.

Just looks like a total set up to me and thats the way things are done the majority of the time.

I am not expecting Crowe's twitter feed to be filled with negativity about the country he is filming in, regardless of his personal point of view.

Maybe he twitter previously mentioned this Thai guy previously!? No thought not, no hes never heard of him before.....

Ok, so you can just make up the fact Russell Crowe has never heard of the story before and state it as fact.  And you state - with zero evidence - that he is just posting what the Thai authorities are telling him to.  And that is not a "host of negativity"?  Righty ho, okie dokey.

It must really pain you to think anyone can genuinely like Thailand or celebrate the actions of Thai people.  In the US that man would have been shot dead without a shadow of a doubt.  But this officer showed enormous compassion for a human being in trouble. Well done to him, and well done to Russell Crowe for the personal visit.

• Confused 2

On 10/23/2021 at 10:08 AM, webfact said:

The former Gladiator star has been gushing in his praise of Thailand as he toured various sites in Bangkok and Phuket in recent days. 

Any idea how much RC's fee is? Have a friend who want's to run for President in France next next year.

• Like 1