Thailand reports 9,351 new COVID-19 cases, 10,098 recoveries and 56 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand on Sunday (Oct 24) reported 9,351 new COVID-19 cases, 10,098 recoveries and 56 deaths.

"A one month-old baby is among 74 COVID-19 patients in Thailand who died today (Saturday), as the country recorded 9,742 new infections and 10,182 new recoveries, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)."

Two threads from today. Who do we believe?

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

"A one month-old baby is among 74 COVID-19 patients in Thailand who died today (Saturday), as the country recorded 9,742 new infections and 10,182 new recoveries, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)."

The other thread you refer to was the one from yesterday that was closed this morning when this new OP was created.

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

The article for that separate thread was yesterdays, the poor 1 month old baby that died also had no underlying conditions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Dropping noticeably which is understandable with the increase in vaccination and new infections. 

Currently sitting at 7 deaths per million of population over the past 7 days and obviously many of those would have been elderly with pre conditions or not vaccinated. 

Still sad obviously but extremely small numbers when compared to the negative effect of people not being able to work and earn

money etc. 

Based on that data the time looks right for the non quarantine opening. from next month. 

Lots of chat around Pattaya today about the 15th!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The other thread you refer to was the one from yesterday that was closed this morning when this new OP was created.

I was only being pedantic with the different death rates that I presumed were both from Saturday as they were both threads today.

Edited by GreasyFingers
many things

Thai PBS World: International airlines have returned as many as 80% of their airport slots at Thailand’s six international airports between October 31st and March 26th next year, indicating their uncertainty over a recovery in the aviation sector

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/international-airlines-return-80-of-their-airport-slots-in-thailand-for-the-next-five-months/

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai PBS World: International airlines have returned as many as 80% of their airport slots at Thailand’s six international airports between October 31st and March 26th next year, indicating their uncertainty over a recovery in the aviation sector

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/international-airlines-return-80-of-their-airport-slots-in-thailand-for-the-next-five-months/

That in itself says volumes as far as the airlines view on the Thai tourism sector regaining any type of numbers for the near foreseeable future.

Posting negative emoticons repeatedly on a certain member's posts classifies as stalking as well as trolling.  If the certain members do not desist from these baiting/stalking tactics, warnings will be issued.  This behavior has been going on too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Hua Hin and Chiang Mai may delay opening until 01 December due to increasing infections, according to the BP

Yes saw that but not surprising at all with Chaing Mai only 38.8% fully vaccinated and Prachuap Khiri Khan where Hua Hin is at 43.8%. They said the Provinces that were opening had to be at 70% by the 1st Nov, there's no chance of that for the majority of them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes saw that but not surprising at all with Chaing Mai only 38.8% fully vaccinated and Prachuap Khiri Khan where Hua Hin is at 43.8%. They said the Provinces that were opening had to be at 70% by the 1st Nov, there's no chance of that for the majority of them.

Some guess work coming here but I have a feeling the delay in Moderna may have a bearing on figures. My wife and I, for instance, both signed up and paid for Moderna. I was not prepared to wait and had both my Pfizer jabs in September. Meanwhile my wife is still waiting for next month. From what I have heard there are many others waiting as well. A friend of MIL is prepared to buy my Moderna. So if Moderna had come in time then the figures would possibly have been a lot more favourable. Could be the same for Chiang Mai? Well that is my take on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, worrab said:

Some guess work coming here but I have a feeling the delay in Moderna may have a bearing on figures. My wife and I, for instance, both signed up and paid for Moderna. I was not prepared to wait and had both my Pfizer jabs in September. Meanwhile my wife is still waiting for next month. From what I have heard there are many others waiting as well. A friend of MIL is prepared to buy my Moderna. So if Moderna had come in time then the figures would possibly have been a lot more favourable. Could be the same for Chiang Mai? Well that is my take on it.

Possibly, I wonder if the delay is to do with the slow processing of documents by Thai Officials that has happened in the past, thats certainly what Thammasat University says.

Thammasat University says vaccines slowed by government docs

After striking several deals to import vaccines, Thammasat University has expressed frustration with how bureaucratic red tape is delaying the arrival of 3 million Moderna vaccines donated from Poland. They called for the government to expedite the process to get the Moderna vaccine into Thailand.

The 3 million vaccines that Poland had donated to the university were scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, but the shipment was delayed as the deal waited on official paperwork from the government of Thailand. A source from the university reported that the government said yes to the donation, but they did not submit the required documents to make it official.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Dropping noticeably which is understandable with the increase in vaccination and reduction in new infections. 

Currently sitting at 7 deaths per million of population over the past 7 days and obviously many of those would have been elderly with pre conditions or not vaccinated. 

Still sad obviously but extremely small numbers when compared to the negative effect of people not being able to work and earn

money etc. 

Based on that data the time looks right for the non quarantine opening. from next month. 

You open up bars etc, rates will go up, it's a given. If they don't you know something is amiss. In my opinion Thailand's numbers are way off. My view is the same for UK, reported numbers are nowhere near actual numbers. ONS stats which are based on true random sampling show this.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/8october2021.

Thailand does no such random survey on this scale so if you take all the reported figures as gospel, good luck. Believe all is good in the utopia of Thailand.

I personally don't believe that 40% vaccination would have this dramatic effect on the figures either.

Edited by Petey11
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A 39.3 % overall of the population vaccinated. Can they vaccinate 30.7% more in the next 68 days to hit the 70% goal, in order to do so they would need to vaccinate over 21+ million of the 37+million who already have a first jab. Is it doable, possible and I will hope they can.

Yes it's doable and possible but not in Thailand.

COVID-19: Thailand reports 8,675 new coronavirus cases, 44 deaths

COV25.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (October 25) reported 8,675 new COVID-19 cases, 9,589 recoveries and 44 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1236654-covid-19-thailand-reports-8675-new-coronavirus-cases-44-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin