‘Vaccine Passport’ can now be requested via Mor Prom app

11 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I have already a yellow vaccine passport for many years, but the hospital refused to fill in the vaccination and only gave me a vaccinationcertificte.... Again a money scam???

I had  the opposite.

Gave me the yellow passport, (50THB), but refused to give me the certificate. Told me that I didn't need it as I already had a copy in my Mor Prom app.

31 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I have already a yellow vaccine passport for many years, but the hospital refused to fill in the vaccination and only gave me a vaccinationcertificte.... Again a money scam???

50 Baht?  For a government issued document. A scam? Really?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bkk_bwana said:

50 Baht?  For a government issued document. A scam? Really?

It is not the amount, It is just that everything has to cost money for nothing. I have a international passport why not use it and so are many other people.. and all that 50 THB is a lot of money for something we don't need

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

I have already a yellow vaccine passport for many years, but the hospital refused to fill in the vaccination and only gave me a vaccinationcertificte..

I've had this before with older vaccines like Yellow Fever, the vaccine center would not duplicate their work or time filling in the Yellow book tables and just stapled the certificate in there. It was accepted as such when I traveled. I did the same with my latest COVID vaccine cert and stapled it in an old Yellow book myself.

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

Ditto.  But my expectations of actually achieving success when I started the process were nil anyway, so my expectations were achieved 100%.

It also begs the question of why they want a copy of the vaccine certificate and passport, when they have used this very information themselves to populate the necessary fields in the app.

Muppets.

To quote Flanders and Swann...."it all makes work for the working man to do".

48 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'd like the Vaccine Passport because my Certicate has my name in Thai only and my id number. The computer system in the hospital where I had my vaccine wasn't able to enter my name in English and required a 13 digit number in the id field so weren't able to enter my passport number. Trying to avoid any problems at the airport and immigration.

Sorry to hear your problem, maybe use a better hospital next time, mine has my name in English & Thai, my passport number & the batch of vaccine, it is a shame there was no standards used in some places, this is possibly one reason why England was reluctant to accept Thai vaccination certificates at first.

My mor prom app worked ok for few month's seems its now updated to version 5.9 and only details of vaccines are showing nothing else opens

i have yellow book from hospital so no real problem

but  before i had a something with QR code Digital heath pass i think

Its till there but NOT working now

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

I'd like the Vaccine Passport because my Certicate has my name in Thai only and my id number. The computer system in the hospital where I had my vaccine wasn't able to enter my name in English and required a 13 digit number in the id field so weren't able to enter my passport number. Trying to avoid any problems at the airport and immigration.

Maybe Mr. edwinchester has hit on the reason for these books, they made such a mess of the paperwork issued to various people that they had to issue something to cover up their shabby organisation and issuance of standard uniform certificates .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I have the same problem , however they used the ID number of my Pink Card in addition my Nationality is now apparently Thai. When I suggested to my Wife that we go and get me a Thai National ID card I got the look that is reserved for my most stupid moments. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It is not the amount, It is just that everything has to cost money for nothing. I have a international passport why not use it and so are many other people.. and all that 50 THB is a lot of money for something we don't need

I must be missing something, I didn't realise that people had to get it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James105 said:

Is it something those without smart phones need even though it seems the ordering is done via the smart phone app that already has the certificate of vaccination? 

You don't need a phone to get a certificate of vaccination. You can go to a vaccination centre and get the certificate. I got one the other day at Bang Saen hospital but it only shows the dose I had in Thailand. They are free of charge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kotsak said:

Well, TIT, seems in this country they can't feel satisfied if they don't have thousands of copies of the same original.. More likely laziness or system incompetence, they rely always on what you provide them instead of verifying it themselves with what they have in their files. For example immigration, you have to provide the same bloody documents every year even not a single word has changed in some of them.

I don't think they've mentally caught up with the computer and digital age, and can't possibly comprehend that they already have the information at their fingertips. It would seem too simple for them, and Thailand never, ever does simple. The more obstacles they dream up, the better they think they are at their job. In the real world it works the opposite way.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

It's probably the wrong shade of yellow.

Bumrungrad filled in my Australian yellow booklet, with the two vaccine dates and stamps, no charge, plus gave me the printed Vaccine certificate, plus loaded it into my Mor Prom app

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

It also begs the question of why they want a copy of the vaccine certificate and passport, when they have used this very information themselves to populate the necessary fields in the app.

Muppets.

You are half right. If you are Thai, you will not have not registered with your passport. The program is initially designed to be for Thai people, that is to be expected. There are a lot more Thai people travelling overseas than foreigners. Two photocopies, big deal. It's bureaucracy like that over the whole of Asia; get over it.

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't it make sense to have a check box on the Mor Prom app. asking if you would like the " passport " 

Then the " passports " could be sent to the clinic/ hospital where you had your vaccines . (I am assuming we all had them fairly local)

Then we could pick them up from there and pay the 50 baht or whatever it is.

Edited by NE1

On 10/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, Geoffggi said:

One also has to ask the question why do you need this passport when you already have a valid certificate?? Plus the certificate is all one needs to travel

I don't think I need this yellow passport when I go to the UK and back, if I have my vaccine cert. 

• Like 2