Full dose or half dose? Clearing up confusion over Moderna boosters

webfact

23 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

My father in the UK received 2 x Astra Zenica and a booster shot of Pfizer - full dose, just last week. No side effects. 

I have a 67 yr old expat friend who has had 1 x sinovac, 1 x AZ and 1 x  Pfizer already. No side effects.

Edited by SunsetT

When determining what vaccine(s) to get, It's not only immediate side effects a person needs to evaluate but what long term side effects may be in play along with did using different vaccines actually increase a person's COVID protection in comparison to getting two jabs of the same vaccine.

I'm sure if Thailand had been able to get sufficient quantities of say only "one" vaccine from the get-go, they would not have been doing the mix and match thing.  Like say if AstraZeneca could have provided all the jabs needed from the get-go, I expect use of Pfizer, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinophram, etc., would have been minimal...used just enough to satisfy those people who wanted a specific vaccine since people do like having choice. 

While immediate side effects are well known based on the millions and millions jabs already given, the jury is still out/data still being collected & evaluated on long term side effects and long lasting protection levels of mixing multiple vaccines. 

My personal opinion is there will be no long term side effects where multiple vaccines have been used.  But as to long term increased COVID protection level when using different vaccines in comparison to getting 2 jabs of the same vaccine I'm still developing my opinion on that. 

1 hour ago, Pib said:

When determining what vaccine(s) to get, It's not only immediate side effects a person needs to evaluate but what long term side effects may be in play

What would be the mechanism for long term side effects?

I mean, I'm supposing you must have some plausible idea of a biological mechanism that could cause long term side effects, because if you don't, there would be no good reason that I can think of, for bringing it up in the first place.