Full dose or half dose? Clearing up confusion over Moderna boosters

webfact

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

people paid the full price for a full dose, hope they will all get refunded half of it if they get only half doses.

55555 .... We all know that won't happen.

The other concern re refunds for Moderna is that yesterday the price was announced as 550 baht per jab, whereas when we pre-booked/registered we had to pay 1200 baht per jab. I'm betting we won't see a refund of that either.

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

The other concern re refunds for Moderna is that yesterday the price was announced as 550 baht per jab, whereas when we pre-booked/registered we had to pay 1200 baht per jab. I'm betting we won't see a refund of that either.

Actually you are half right. Most hospitals charged 1650 baht per dose (through the Private Hospitals Association), and there will be no refunds, but are transferable.

The 550 baht you are talking about is the price the 'Thai Red Cross' are charging, nothing to do with the Hospital prices. But these doses are not for individuals..more for companies etc, and they also have to donate some doses for vulnerable people.

• Like 1

First, people have paid in advance for the Moderna, been waiting for months instead of talking using it as a booster full or partial how about making sure those who haven't been vaccinated paid the full amount deposit for the product get fully vaccinated 2 jabs with the full doses what people pay and expect before talking water down the product for booster! Unbelievable!

I had my booster moderna at a Utah , USA Walmart store Friday. Just booked appointment online 2 hours prior. Lots of open slots all afternoon and next day.   Nobody in line.   Kid said it was half dose and they had lots of vaccine. I had choice of phizer or moderna. Didn't ask or see JJ on the list.  Current eligible groups are those over 65 and high exposure workers or those with risk factors but also   those of any age or health  who had the JJ.  Like me. This is Just more reason to think the JJ provided real poor protection.  48 hours later my arm is still sore.first 28 hours arm was real sore and hard to sleep. Should have taken a pain pill.   I think only 2-3 million doses of JJ were used in USA so th current booster drive is for mostly over 65 or Frontline people or at risk.   If the US thinks JJ was such a poor vaccine just imagine how low sinavac would score.

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elkski said:

If the US thinks JJ was such a poor vaccine just imagine how low sinavac would score.

The US medical authorities don't think J&J is a "poor" vaccine...it's just not as good as Pfizer or Moderna.   Let's just say the J&J vaccine is an OK vaccine, but not an excellent vaccine in terms of efficacy when compared to Pfizer and Moderna.   Heck the US is recommending booster shots for Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J since all three lose some of their effectiveness over time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

There is some good official data presented by Dr John Campbell on this very subject, on U Tube just type his name and include booster shots.

Seems that any vaccine may be used as a booster, but don,t believe me, watch the scientific data and papers on this, presented by Dr John Campbell .

Always get your medical advice from some random guy on YouTube.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

If the US thinks JJ was such a poor vaccine just imagine how low sinavac would score.

JJ was made for Alpha variant, now with Delta, it needs a booster

3 days ago I got a Moderna booster after one dose of JJ three months ago , no side effect 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Clear as mud..!!

It's just Thai scientist and Thai doctors trying to make it look complicated to the masses so as to make themselves look smart. Ha! 2 shoots few months later booster 100% shot finished, till next year. ha!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wonder6281 said:

Is that a half dose booster every 3 months, or just go for the full dose booster every 6 months?

Getting Covid after having the shots is as good as getting a booster according to news sources.  Just get Covid (asymptomatic of course) and don't bother with a booster, if you've already been vaccinated.

Oh, the original article seems to imply that half a dose is a dose, sort of like roses by any other name.

15 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

When a new phone is announced and people precook it they pay premium price, whereas smarter people who wait a couple of months get better deals....

John Campbell on YouTube is not a random guy.  He's produced YouTube videos almost daily for the last 18 months on covid topic.  try it you may learn something , although they take a lot of time to watch. 

• Like 1

U.S. Booster info:

The CDC recommends booster shots for select recipients of the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, six months after completing vaccination.  Eligibility includes those ages 65+ and those ages 18-64 with underlying health conditions or at high risk for occupational or institutional exposure.

Age 18+ recipients of the Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) vaccine are eligible for a booster shot two months after initial immunization. 

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p1021-covid-booster.html