Foreigners eager to visit to Thailand, but few have actually booked flights: Poll

webfact

I would not even THINK about visiting a country that had such an insanely expensive insurance requirement!  Even the folks who want to visit might think twice when they find out how much they will have to pay up front over and above the plane ticket.  Might not be too bad for someone 25 years old, but the price goes up with age.

Oh, and by the way, my phone doesn't qualify for entrance.  I do not own a smart phone.  I suppose they'd turn me around for home at Suvarnabhumi.   Well, I am already in and have been for 15 years.  How things have changed!

Edited by Joules
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Elkski said:

Where did they get this list of names to survey? No way do these numbers reflect a sampling of random people in foreign countries. I bet in USA less than 1% a year traveled to Thailand in the peak years.   This must be one expat list.   Over a month requires a trip to immagration or a SETV ahead of time.   Pure rubbish.  

"According to a straw poll carried out by ASEAN NOW"

• Thanks 2

Very few booked flights!!!! OH gee whizz who could have predicted that???????

Gov greedy, stoopid whizz bang new rules are a BIG STOP SIGN, why? Well we want a holiday, not money grabbing new regulations, and CERTAINLY not sipping tea on nights out, because BARS & Clubs can't sell 

alcohol. Tourists are NOT 5 year old kids, Thailand has many wonderful features, but tourists like to party.

WAKE UP GOV goofballs! 

The great Thai folks who work in clubs and bars are your fellow citizens too! They helped to build your tourist trade over many decades, they need to make their living as well as all others.

• Like 1

If reservations were high or coming in, no doubt TAT would have made a statement on how many thousands already booked and how much money Thailand will make .

Silence on the matter indicates it’s not taking off.

Personal opinion the reason for slow response is bars being closed 

• Like 2

Just now, Molly Malone said:

Very few booked flights!!!! OH gee whizz who could have predicted that???????

Gov greedy, stoopid whizz bang new rules are a BIG STOP SIGN, why? Well we want a holiday, not money grabbing new regulations, and CERTAINLY not sipping tea on nights out, because BARS & Clubs can't sell 

alcohol. Tourists are NOT 5 year old kids, Thailand has many wonderful features, but tourists like to party.

WAKE UP GOV goofballs! 

The great Thai folks who work in clubs and bars are your fellow citizens too! They helped to build your tourist trade over many decades, they need to make their living as well as all others.

Ps, this booze ban is as equally STUPID as the ban on Gyms was! Thank God and Lord Buddha that finally was 

abolished. 

OMG. ROTFLMFAO. Of COURSE nobody's booking flights. Who the HELL in their right mind is going to pay thousands of dollars for a worthless INSURANCE policy covering everything from lost baggage to irritable bowel syndrome to come to (or, as in my case, BACK TO) a place that has done everything in its power to GET RID of expats in favor of money-laundering condo "investors"? Jig is up, people. Bubble's 'bout to burst. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

If reservations were high or coming in, no doubt TAT would have made a statement on how many thousands already booked and how much money Thailand will make .

Silence on the matter indicates it’s not taking off.

Personal opinion the reason for slow response is bars being closed 

100% Correct! Puritanical thuggish Gov idiot mistake which is soooo obvious it hurts.

And I am NOT a bar or club drinker!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Following the news that Thailand plans to reopen its tourism industry, at least in part, from November 1, many foreigners are eager to visit the country, but those who have actually booked flights remain in the minority.

If they were eager they would book...

BS

• Like 2