Foreigners eager to visit to Thailand, but few have actually booked flights: Poll

webfact

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Survey question 4 asks...... "if there is an alcohol plan".........????

I like the way they phrase it that "Interestingly, most of the respondents said that a ban on the sale of alcohol in bars and restaurants would not put them off visiting Thailand. " I'm sorry? how do you work that one out? 47% said no, 35% said yes and 18% undecided. Thats 53% which is bigger than 47% so therefore they are wrong. That being said, mathematics has never been TAT's strong point. 

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Survey question 4 asks...... "if there is an alcohol plan".........????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, AJR3RD said:

Really. How much did it cost you for your insurance policy? Covid testing? Quarantine while you're waiting for results? And when you arrive, which part of Disney Siam World created by the government will be visiting first? The former real street food vendors who've been relegated to one street? The fake floating markets? The poorest folks who've suffered mightily at the hands of a corrupt and incompetent government? Or maybe just a good deal at the Hilton? 

I doubt that someone in their mid fifties double pfizered is going to have a huge cost for insurance but I could be wrong. We have been told no quarantine for Australians. I have never been into floating markets or the like.  I have a girlfriend I haven't seen for 19 months. 

I must say you seem to have a lot of bad feeling about a country trying to restart tourism which is what their people are likely to want. Is it better in your mind for thai people that tourists stay away. I'll eat at a range of restaurants, get taxi's, etc. Not sure what you are trying to say in a sense.  Good deal at the Hilton would be nice. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Until it's exactly like it was pre-COVID: cheap plane ticket, visa exempt, alcohol/entertainment/nightlife, people will make excuses about not wanting to visit for the beaches, food and temples.

To clarify: Tar ball covered beaches, dual priced temples/waterfalls/parks, and restaurants where a glass of wine/beer with your meal may/may not be allowed. Yeah, I can see a lot of draw there for 2 week tourists.

• Haha 2

May-August 2022 is when I am currently foreseeing my needed trip to LOS. I am thinking by then, the Two-Jab Dance will have played out, the entry restrictions will be relaxed and perhaps back to near what they were pre-pandemic. Also, the May-August timeframe is low-season, and when I lived in LOS before, I preferred low-season, lousy weather and all; much less crowded and more peaceful.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, terryp said:

That's Thailand Plus, the app that was required of arrivals for the last year or more, never worked, was never looked at by any Thai official, and has now been completely abandoned. So yes, it's garbage, but we've seen it already and it's now irrelevant.

• Like 2

Either the vaccines work or they don't. Whichever, life really must go on as normal, maybe with some sensible precautions such as mask wearing. And most people will agree that 80% vaccination rate with 95% of old uns fully vaccinated is perhaps the ideal launch pad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did they mentioned that the bars, go go places and establishments that usually entertain male tourists with huge testosterone levels such as myself would all be closed. I don't think so, would it have made a difference then, I think so, because after a crash and burn event, one carries on to either the beach or the hotel pool for some R&R, that is the beauty of a holiday in Thailand for males with huge testosterone levels, IMO, having been there, done that.

This GIF from r/instant_regret of a drunk dude eating sand is the most  Revere Beach thing ever. You can legit SEE this gu... | Ryan Broderick |  Scoopnest

Is he playing in the "sandbox"?

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Mexico never engaged in the economic shutdown nonsense and sabotage, and they are refusing to make vaccines mandatory. They did take a hit with fatalities. But the economy is doing well and the Covid numbers keep dropping. More.evidence that the ridiculous shutdowns do not work? 

Disobedience to the WHO and big brother is a beautiful thing to witness. 

'More.evidence that the ridiculous shutdowns do not work? '

No, rather that vaccinations together with some appropriate measures do work!

Economic shutdown is the unfortunate consequence of social distancing measures, and not the aim.  But shutdowns do plainly work albeit at an enormous price.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2