Foreigners eager to visit to Thailand, but few have actually booked flights: Poll

webfact

32 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Last time this happened. when the sandbox started, they only made the people seated around the one who tested positive quarantine.   Go figure

Guess that's why you should fly First class and have your own suite.....yet maybe not

20 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

I just looked quickly. How many hoops are hidden in that ?

The amount of hoops are irrelevant (as is the link) as it's to a failed app that basically everybody ignored and has nothing to do with the requirements from 1 November on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:58 AM, RafPinto said:

Better to make a survey:

How old are you:

Single or family:

Reason for coming?Boom boom or temple viewing?

Do you want to visit bars, drink and have fun?

That should clarify who wants to come and why.

Curious where they found the people to answer the questions in the first place!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Percy P said:

You'll be back.certain

I doubt it.

Currently in Portugal enjoying the natural PM2.5 free morning breeze 17°C, with a 25°C planned this sunny afternoon, although I'll give you that; it'll drop as low as 14°C to 19°C next week, but then again next week we'll be in November, so keeping that in consideration, I think I'm good for the time being.

Also the 'rona has a +313 cases for today with a 7 days average of only 765 cases. We're doing better than most countries in the World.

I think I'm good. What about you?

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:41 AM, webfact said:

Interestingly, most of the respondents said that a ban on the sale of alcohol in bars and restaurants would not put them off visiting Thailand

More boring people on this planet then I thought, or was it russians and indians that mostly took the survey, the tight gits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jonnyomonic2016 said:

Finally this seems to put side trips to Laos and Cambodia completely out of the question even though I understand they are not open yet, all in all, not an attractive option at the moment and zero reason to go there.

- Cambodia has resumed the issuance of tourists visas with a NEW visa called Type E since the 19th of this month, way easier to get than a Thai visa.

- Laos nothing yet but my reports on the field seem to indicate this is happening soon'ish. Stay tuned.

For Cambodia, check out, the official link https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

For Laos, be patient.

In fact getting a visa for these destinations is no longer much of an issue for most of us, the real hurdle is finding an affordable seat reservation on a plane to that region of the globe specially considering the regional hub is still Suvarnabhumi Airport (TH) unless you can route a flight through Tan Son Nhat Airport (VN).

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

I don’t think it’s confusion that is stopping people booking, I think it’s lack of confidence that the holiday will be all people expect from a holiday, and fear that the rules will change mid stay.

And a good chance the rules will change at a minutes notice 

• Like 2

As you say it is confusing

I have a flight booked 15 December to 9 March 2022

I have had 2 Pfizer injections and will get a booster in November

I have paid a deposit on my accommodation for 3 months

Currently l am in the process of purchasing Covic19 insurance plus US 100000 cover

My AQ hotel plus taxi from airport and test on entering Thailand is booked.

But I remain confused what kind of visa I can get for 90 days then another extension

Anyone suggest. 

Thanks

David

• Like 1

Only those returning to see family, or those with very specific work-related purposes will be coming to Thailand for the foreseeable future. And a handful of desperados. Millionaires? In your dreams, Thailand. You will be fighting like a ravenous dog with Cambodia for the lowliest backpackers. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

And a good chance the rules will change at a minutes notice 

And word is also getting around that Thailand is becoming a dry Islamic no-booze state, so the holiday is looking more like a trip to Saudi. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

- Cambodia has resumed the issuance of tourists visas with a NEW visa called Type E since the 19th of this month, way easier to get than a Thai visa.

- Laos nothing yet but my reports on the field seem to indicate this is happening soon'ish. Stay tuned.

For Cambodia, check out, the official link https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

For Laos, be patient.

In fact getting a visa for these destinations is no longer much of an issue for most of us, the real hurdle is finding an affordable seat reservation on a plane to that region of the globe specially considering the regional hub is still Suvarnabhumi Airport (TH) unless you can route a flight through Tan Son Nhat Airport (VN).

Cambodia is definitely a better choice than Thailand. Laos? Erase it from the map. It's a Chinese protectorate now and belongs to the People's Republic of China. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarangPumpui said:

Thailand just dont want to see tourist coming in big numbers. That is the only reason why they have made the rules so difficult. I have been out from Thailand now 15 months but wont go back until all the unnecessary requirements have gone. I miss my dogs, cats and chickens in my isaan house but they just have to wait me another 6 months maybe.

Maybe more like 26 months. 

2 hours ago, hvan700 said:

Fully vacinated + PCR test (72 Hours) will bring back millions of tourists.

Fully vacinated + PCR test (72 Hours) + PCR (test on arrival) will bring back only a few tourists.

Imagine a "false positive", there you go, 2 weeks in a hostipal, bye bye holiday,

Exactly. This is not going to work, and those taking this crapshoot will need to have the luxury of factoring in 3 weeks or so banged up in a hospital jail. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What if you booked a flight to Thailand and find most of the places except eateries closed due to a surge in Covid cases? 

Then the tourist will be just wasting his time and money. Thailand is infamous for changing its rules often.

• Like 2

The article does not mentioned the pseudo quarantine when the visitor comes in.

"no interaction with the locals until the result of the PCR test"

that mean you are quarantine for 2-5 days  at an ASQ hotel until the result becomes known.

let say that they have 20k visitor per day. There is no way that they can process the result of the test in 24hrs.

either they will have less visitors of they will require to buy 14 days at an ASQ hotel .

very shady wording to force the visitors back into quarantine

Opening the country with restriction is like not yet opening up.

and what kind of document required to show proof of vaccination?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gejohesch said:

That should clarify who wants to come and why:

"When asked how long they intended to stay for, most respondents (52%) said they planned to stay for more than one month. This perhaps indicates that most people looking to return to Thailand at present are expats or those with some other connection to Thailand, be it property ownership, marriage etc."

That's a good observation from Aseannow. With their continuing incompetence and delusion, the Thai "authorities" can kiss goodbye to the 10's of millions of tourists a year business.

Yes but does it really make any difference if the people that come have same sort of connection to Thailand or not?

They just want people who would not otherwise come ,  to come and spend money. 

Whether or not they have any connection to Thailand or not is irrelevant IMO.  

22 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Im waiting to travel to Thailand until the dust settles, next year. The rules and regulations have changed at least 5 times the last 6 months. How can you plan anything in an environment like that?

I would not count on any major improvements in 2022 and it could even get worse. 

On 10/25/2021 at 2:16 PM, samtam said:

Whilst adaptation to changing circumstances is admirable, when every pronouncement here is made, you can bet your bottom dollar it will change, because the plan is never ever completely thought through. No critical thinking. Announce, react, change. Guaranteed. 

No critical thinking, no evaluation, no smart's what so ever - can't even get the so-called leading ministers of the pretend government  to issue consistent statements, every man / woman to themselves. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Salerno said:

The amount of hoops are irrelevant (as is the link) as it's to a failed app that basically everybody ignored and has nothing to do with the requirements from 1 November on.

Which shouldn't surprise anyone as to their continuing incompetence regarding simple organization of the works. 

• Like 2

Looking at some of the hotel prices in December it seems as though some hotel operators are expecting hordes of tourists again.

They'll be disappointed. 

The hotels who offer reasonable rates will get the bulk of any tourism.

Leaving the usual Thai owned hotels screaming for government help because no one stayed at there overpriced dumps.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1