Foreigners eager to visit to Thailand, but few have actually booked flights: Poll

webfact

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

This government is the country's own worst enemy, why would anyone spend good money trying to wade through such a poorly-designed morass of petty rules and regulations, just to come to a place where everything's still closed?

Unfortunately having waited for a year to return to the US, based upon wanting to be vaccinated first, and second waiting for the restrictions to drop for a return, I will now wade through the poorly designed morass of petty regulations as you so put it.  If the issues in the US could wait longer I would wait, but I am now up against a time clock for completing the closure of an estate and taking care of some property issues.  If I can still return with the few restrictions in place I will do it.  If things change in the next two months before I am to fly out, I will just have the attorney name a new executor and Trustee

10 minutes ago, bokningar said:

If this is the level of intrusion on personal privacy, they will have in Thailand from now on. They might as well knock down 90 % of hotel and condos to make place for rice fields. Who wants to come and spend money in Thailand with no personal privacy at all. This sounds more like North Korea or China. :shock1:

Precisely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bberg said:

I have booked flight 3rd November, a week away from traveling I cant make any plans, still pending COE (Thailand pass is not available yet), I don't know what will happen after I arrive in Thailand or whether I will be allowed to board the flight in the first place. I have made some calculation on PCR test which is currently at 5 tests at approx. figure of 100USD/test (500USD added cost), the fact I need to travel domestically a day before, lack of travel option and overnight in hotel prior flight etc, etc, etc - my calculations are approx. 800USD/person in added cost not included air fare. 

I am going because of family illness and plan only to stay 1 week for that reason but its a high risk travel with much uncertainty. 

Added risk; what if somebody on my flight are found COVID19 positive after arriving in Thailand and likewise going back home (I live in South Korea presently) which could send me to 14 days quarantine adding cost to 2K USD easily and a complete failure of intended travel.    

I hope the experience will be better than my worst worries, its certainly a travel experience for the experienced and not for a family relaxing holiday under the sun. 

I try to stay positive and live in hope over the next 6 months to 1 year its all much better and we can again enjoy sunny Thailand we all miss so much. 

The price of PCR tests at government (MoPH) accredited facilities varies [prices given to me last week by these two hospitals, which are on the MoPH accredited list] were THB4700* (USD142) @ (Bumrungrad) to THB6500* (USD196) @ (BNH) and many prices in-between, depending on which facilities are given permission by MoPH to carry out the tests.

2 hours ago, sucit said:

Can’t say this enough…

This is a country where six month old is allowed on a motorbike with a family of four on a highway. There are no cars seats here, or very few….

Youre telling me the thai govt cares about death/tragedy? I don’t blame them, but no. They care only about perception. That’s why they do what they do. 

They need to open up 100%, no regulations, get their tourists industry back on track for the sake of their own people. If they cared about actual lives, answer why they would just not require children to be in car seats? This is 100% decisions based upon their feared perception… which always equates (or usually) to bad decisions. You decide policy based on facts. 

....perception, and that other important feature: M O N E Y, or to be more precise, how much they are going to make out of it.

12 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

This now confirms at 100% that Thailand has entered a totalitarism authoritarian era.

GPS, facetracking, position tracking, no cap, no sunglasses, no eyeglasses, must be turned on at all times, uses your dataplan at your own expense, etc, etc, etc.

We have now entered a new era, the Chinese masters will be pleased.

I'm done with Thailand. I know I've said this before, but this time, I really mean it.

You'll be back.certain

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

About the travel 50k insurance?

I initially thought that it was general health insurance and not limited to covid coverage. As I read more, I am no longer sure.

Can you confirm, and what was the cost

Thank you????

For this trip I used Atlas Worldtrips travel policy with 1,000,000 USD medical cover that also covers Covid-19. Their confirmation states this. Got it through aainsure.net (Benny) and paid 159USD for 3rd Nov to 15th Dec. Not the cheapest policy however the cover is good and there is no exclusion accidents from riding motorcyles (The Luna Pass and Axa Sawasdee exclude M/C accidents). Next trip in January is for 3 months so not sure what company to use for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cape said:

There has certainly been enough time and resources to get everything ready for the end of the pandemic and the re-opening of the economy.

Most countries have gone through periods of confusion but the way forward is crystal clear. It does not, incidentally, include double PCR tests around the moment of entry, nor is there a place for tourists being confined to govt hotels.

Hopefully clarity, simplicity and common sense will prevail, the country's credibility and reputation will be restored, and the tourists will flood in for a tumultuous high-season.  

I sincerely hope you are right but we are dealing with people who have no clue about how to correctly promote tourism. Will be interesting to see what they do once very few people arrive compared to their ridiculous and hoped for numbers.

When that happens they might enact some commonsense and make the entry requirements simpler and more practical.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Nothing, as far as I am aware, has been said about people that arrive  and are tested positive upon their Mandatory PCR test.

Are these people whisked off to some Covid prison to undertake a 14 Day Quarantine before their departure back to their Country of origin

Or are they allowed to Vacation with not having to do Quarantine.

The thought of being on an Aircraft that touches down in Swampy, and just 1 passenger tests positive is horrendous.

Spot on. Exactly my concerns. I can see a plane with one positive passenger meaning everyone on it being contacted and told to return to quarentine with further tests.....at your expense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It is very simple why people are not booking vacations to Thailand.. Mass uncertainty about what could happen next and what happens when you arrive? 

im going back when there are no quarantine restrictions, no test you must take when you get there, when alcohol is served again. And…………..when the ladies a nightclubs reopen in mass and is close to normal like when I last arrived in 2017..  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CamaroZL1 said:

So as a fully vaccinated Australian, if i was to come to Thailand for 1 month, i require the following. Covid test 72 hours before I fly out. covid test on arrival. atk covid test on day 6 or 7. Covid test 72 hours before i board the plane back home. Covid test within 24 hours of returning home. So 5 covid tests in the space of 1 month. Yeah I will give it until next year until some of these garbage requirements are dropped. Pure madness

And dont forget  you have to quarantine  when you return  to your country

23 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Better to make a survey:

How old are you:

Single or family:

Reason for coming?Boom boom or temple viewing?

Do you want to visit bars, drink and have fun?

That should clarify who wants to come and why.

Yes - but it doesn't solve any problems with all the hoops

20 hours ago, terryp said:

I just looked quickly. How many hoops are hidden in that ?

6 minutes ago, Dickp said:

Just got off the LINE call with my daughter, who is both US and Thai ID. She has not seen her mother or me since 2019 and really what's to come.  She and her husband have already booked Air Line flights and vacation spots in Thailand. They will be here for three weeks. She booked her hotel for over night stay PRC testing. 9,800 Thb at the Dusit near Sea Con Mall that's way over priced for what they are getting. She told me they need three PRC test one on arrival one 6  or 7 days afterwards and one for departure. Plus one in the US no longer then 72 before getting on the plane. She has book a Villa on Phuket 4 nights for all of us $2,000 per night, plus 5 nights at another resort on Phuket for them to have some real vacation time together. She arrives at 12:05 12th Nov and leaves 5 Dec. She is only coming to Thailand because of us and other wise they would have gone to Mexico Cancun for about  1/3 the cost and a real nice place to relax we been there for 2 weeks four years ago and it beat anything I've seen in my 30 years in Thailand for cost and things to see and do.

2,000$ per night? Oh dear...

• Like 1