PM2.5 dust forecast for Bangkok and vicinity from late October through February

snoop1130

pm-pollution.jpg

People living in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces are advised to prepare for PM2.5 dust pollution, coinciding with the arrival of high atmospheric pressure from the end of October until February.

Director-General of Pollution Control Department Atthaphol Charoenchansa said today (Monday) that, during the four-month period, PM2.5 dust will accumulate overnight due to stale air and the lack of circulation.

According to the Meteorological Department, a weak to moderate cold front from China is expected to cover Thailand’s northern and north-eastern regions until December.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm2-5-dust-forecast-for-bangkok-and-vicinity-from-late-october-through-february/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My recommendation for everyone is to buy an air purifier. I did that last year and it made a huge difference.

Personally I only need it at night at home. I have no problems outside or at daytime. But I guess that is not the same with everybody.

XMI-FJY4031GL-Mi-Air-Purifier-3H.jpg

What model and cost omf pls?

• Like 1

Last year we got stuck here over the air pollution season. Nov - April due to the lock downs and it was bloody hell.

Chiang Mai has been listed as most polluted city on the planet for two consecutive years in a row. 

My guess is that crop burning gives them a slight price advantage over counties where crop burning is illegal and so takes priority over people's health and destruction of environment not to mention AGW. TIT.

5 hours ago, Grecian said:

What model and cost omf pls?

I have the Xiaomi Air Purifier 3H.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-air-purifier-3h-pm-25-45-1-i587850141-s1091456990.html

That works fine. Xiaomi has now newer models and there are obviously also other companies. I don't know how the others compare.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

People living in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces are advised to prepare for PM2.5 dust pollution, coinciding with the arrival of high atmospheric pressure from the end of October until February

Thank god for Covid and mandatory mask wearing, hospitals must be seeing a drop in breathing related illnesses.

6 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Oh, I see. It’s now ‘dust’ caused by a cold front stopping over the north of until December (which is rubbish as weather fronts rarely stop for more than a few days) and Diesel engines, and is not related to the irresponsible behaviour of farmers burning crop stubble. 

Every year a new excuse, and nothing being done to prevent it. 

There is a choice for ASEAN : cooperate to end this shameful practise, protect the health of the nation and safeguard the economy (infinitely richer tourist industry contributes 25% of GDP and employment for three million) ; or continue to subsidise a handful of large scale corn-growers.

What's it to be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lived in the capital for 30 years. We only got a bad smog season a few years ago.

Seasonal cane burning in Kanchanaburi is a big part but construction & road dust, as well as diesel play a part, too. Overconstruction has interrupted the airflow.

Two posters here have recommended two different models of Xiaomi. Only for bedrooms? What about in the living area where doors & windows are open? How often do the filters need to be changed?

This is really the s.h.*.t.s to go through this another year. Clowns are running the circus.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:57 AM, sungod said:

From the Lazada page:

...3 stages of filtration are PET Pre-Filter, HEPA-Filter and Carbon-Filter...

I am interested in this  Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 3C for the condo in Bangkok.

In Italy, I use a similar type of purifier that also has the three stages of filtration and the manual says that the pre-filter can be washed, which prolongs the time between changes of the three-filter pack  Does the Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 3C also offer this option?

• 2 weeks later...

Bedroom A/Cs have HEPA filters but, like the OP, I want something to use in our big downstairs space with front & back doors open. Or does that sound self-defeating?

Q: If a Xiaomi in placed near sitting area, does that work?

It is really a drag to be going through this every year!