USA Visit and Return after Nov 1

sqwakvfr

I found this important piece of information on the Los Angeles Thai Consulate Website:

. Non-Thais who are fully vaccinated (i.e. travel at least 14 days after completing required dose(s)), have a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result (issued no more than 72 hours before travel), BUT have stayed in the US (or in countries listed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand) less than 21 days, can enter Thailand through Sandbox Program and MUST stay in SHA+ hotels in Sandbox area for at least 7 nights.

I am planning my next trip to Los Angeles early in 2022 and was planning on staying 14 days but based upon this requirement I will have to stay at least 22 days in order to avoid a 7 day quarantine.  I really do not understand the reason for this 21 day stay requirement?  Anyone have any thoughts for the 21 day stay requirement?

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Sad 1

Is the reason for this requirement so that if you aren't coming from an approved country you don't just try to stay in the US for one day and then try to come to Thailand?   Does anyone have something official from Thailand that says the same thing? I only want to enter the US for 2 weeks in December. 

My guess will be: If you have departed from Thailand less than 21 days, regardless of whether you spent part of that time in a Thai-unapproved country, if you were able to meet the USA entry requirements as described before returning to Thailand, that will be OK. 

Travel requirements to enter the United States are changing, starting November 8, 2021.
Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19
Required for all air passengers two years of age or older boarding a flight from a foreign country to the United States

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

However I would question whether one could really pull this off with only one day of legal entry to the USA:

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Entering-Thailand-after-1-November-THandENG-final-1.pdf

Edited by jerrymahoney