Berkeley International school

30 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

When registering the children at Berkeley, do so with their foreign passports as their ID.

thanks, I did mention in application when asked to fill, and asked if any discount, but the guy said, no discounts, may be he is just staff, looking for direct contact who will handle this Hafu registration process

15 minutes ago, ttechguy said:

thanks, I did mention in application when asked to fill, and asked if any discount, but the guy said, no discounts, may be he is just staff, looking for direct contact who will handle this Hafu registration process

I've just taken a look at the Berkeley website and it mentions that there are restrictions on the discount for international families, but does not give any details. My kids received the discount when they attended Berkeley some years ago and I recall we used their US passports to register them. Probably best to email the registrar and explain your situation and ask how the discount might apply. Back when my kids attended, they were keen to enroll dual nationals as international students and to give the discount.

43 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I've just taken a look at the Berkeley website and it mentions that there are restrictions on the discount for international families, but does not give any details. My kids received the discount when they attended Berkeley some years ago and I recall we used their US passports to register them. Probably best to email the registrar and explain your situation and ask how the discount might apply. Back when my kids attended, they were keen to enroll dual nationals as international students and to give the discount.

thanks for your info, appreciated. Will send the email

A few years ago the school was promoting the 'if your child looks white then they can get 50% discount". They were condemned worldwide for the obvious and blatant discrimination. Taking advertisements in international education magazines and having billboards with the message seem to have put this practice underground. I believe it still happens but quietly.

• 1 year later...