Idiot drivers ...

Damrongsak

On 10/31/2021 at 12:10 AM, Kwasaki said:

Quick thinking experienced motorbike rider avoid an idiot on-coming car driver overtaking.

He was as smooth as can be. He even managed a "friendly wave" to the passing car.  "Have a nice day" @#%$$" 555.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

He was as smooth as can be. He even managed a "friendly wave" to the passing car.  "Have a nice day" @#%$$" 555.

I don't know what your trying to say if you think the motorcycle rider did wrong your not a experienced motorbike rider.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:10 PM, Kwasaki said:

Quick thinking experienced motorbike rider avoid an idiot on-coming car driver overtaking.

Happened to me moons ago on my 1100 with the wife two up., All of a sudden out of nowhere on a bend on the New England Highway, two doubles heading our way, almost on top of us, one on the right side, other overtaking on the left, our side.

I had no where to go at about 120 clicks and I could feel my wife squeeze the living life out of me while at the say time could hear her screams under her full face before they both rolled by doing at least 80 to 100 clicks, my leathers on my left leg slightly brushing up against the guard rail, thought that was it, we were dead, hung on for precious life and opened up the throttle.

The vibration on the front of the bike was incredible, yet the rest of the bike was all go, I thought I would get sucked under if we didn't get squashed along the guard rail, but when we got through, I backed off on the throttle and saw we were at 180 clicks as we were pulled back into the centre of the road when the trucks passed us, that guy was lucky to have had an out on the left.  

Totally forgot about my 6 mates behind us, until they all came behind me when we pulled over, you could hear them screaming and yelling and shacking, one of them throwing his helmet on the ground valiantly cursing the truck driver, that was what I call a close shave, I asked my mates what went through their minds when they saw the trucks and me in front, they all said to themselves, follow the lead, don't panic, tuck in and keep going. Could have been very different if we all weren't experienced riders, That said and I believe the drivers both being experienced and the one on my right probably moving over slightly for the one on the left, knowing it could be all over for all of the riders if he didn't give him some inches to move over.

That is an experience better than any roller coaster ride as short lives as it was in my life time, I can still hear the double boggy as it went by, ah the good old days, can't believe we are still here, that said, wouldn't want to repeat that experience for quid's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Happened to me moons ago on my 1100 with the wife two up., All of a sudden out of nowhere on a bend on the New England Highway, two doubles heading our way, almost on top of us, one on the right side, other overtaking on the left, our side.

I had no where to go at about 120 clicks and I could feel my wife squeeze the living life out of me while at the say time could hear her screams under her full face before they both rolled by doing at least 80 to 100 clicks, my leathers on my left leg slightly brushing up against the guard rail, thought that was it, we were dead, hung on for precious life and opened up the throttle.

The vibration on the front of the bike was incredible, yet the rest of the bike was all go, I thought I would get sucked under if we didn't get squashed along the guard rail, but when we got through, I backed off on the throttle and saw we were at 180 clicks as we were pulled back into the centre of the road when the trucks passed us, that guy was lucky to have had an out on the left.  

Totally forgot about my 6 mates behind us, until they all came behind me when we pulled over, you could hear them screaming and yelling and shacking, one of them throwing his helmet on the ground valiantly cursing the truck driver, that was what I call a close shave, I asked my mates what went through their minds when they saw the trucks and me in front, they all said to themselves, follow the lead, don't panic, tuck in and keep going. Could have been very different if we all weren't experienced riders, That said and I believe the drivers both being experienced and the one on my right probably moving over slightly for the one on the left, knowing it could be all over for all of the riders if he didn't give him some inches to move over.

That is an experience better than any roller coaster ride as short lives as it was in my life time, I can still hear the double boggy as it went by, ah the good old days, can't believe we are still here, that said, wouldn't want to repeat that experience for quid's.

Good story of a close one.  ????

As I always say when going for a ride out "Are you ready to dance with the devil ".

Had close ones in UK mostly drivers turning from side road left or right onto the main road. 

The closest I have had in Thailand is on my Versys when coming to a blind hill on narrow 2 way road and I always automatically think keep more left and sure enough it certainly saved me when a funny enough Fortuna was overtaking coming the other way. 

I reacted going more left and his wing mirror swiped my jacket of my right arm so that was close. 

My mate behind hadn't been riding or driving long in Thailand so he had learnt something that day. 

Had a couple of overtakers on small 2 way road at bends too which were similarities to the video but only have far as possible left  avoidents other than literally off road. ????

• Like 1