Australian government recognises Sinovac, allows ‘mixed jab’ vaccinations for travel

1635574901_1-org.jpeg

PHUKET: The Australian Government has announced that it now recognises Sinovac as an approved vaccine and also now recognises vaccinations whereby two different vaccines were used.

The move will come as much welcomed news to many expats in Phuket who have been vaccinated through the Thai government vaccination campaign with two injections of Sinovac, and one “booster” injection of AstraZeneca.

Matthew Barclay, the Australian Consul-General for Phuket and the neighbouring provinces, told The Phuket News, “I’m sure the recent announcement on mixed doses of approved or recognised vaccines being accepted is welcome news for Australians vaccinated in Thailand, particularly those looking to return to Australia in coming months.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/australian-government-recognises-sinovac-allows-mixed-jab-vaccinations-for-travel-81870.php

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-10-31

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poohy said:

Lets hope uk follows suit!

How many foreign students (particularly Chinese and from other countries that have extensively used Sinovac) does the UK host and how much do they contribute to the economy?

Call me a cynic, but the OP has little to do with Australian expats and everything to do with the pre-covid AU$40 billion education sector that is tipped to fall to AU$20 billion next year IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

vaccinated through the Thai government vaccination campaign with two injections of Sinovac, and one “booster” injection of AstraZeneca.

Something similar (Sinovac + Az was acceptable) was announced in Australia 2 weeks ago but this complicates it for me. What happens to my wife who had one Sinovac and one Astrazeneca, and for me with 2 AZ still not approved.

And posters say that Thailand rules are complicated.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

How many foreign students (particularly Chinese and from other countries that have extensively used Sinovac) does the UK host and how much do they contribute to the economy?

Call me a cynic, but the OP has little to do with Australian expats and everything to do with the pre-covid AU$40 billion education sector that is tipped to fall to AU$20 billion next year IMO.

Spot on, the Chinese students will be in Aust quicker than the still 30k+ stranded citizens! 

Looks like AstraZeneca Covid vaccine manufactured in Thailand by Siam Biosciences is not currently recognized by Australia. Therefore immunization by mixed doses AstraZeneca/Sinovac, done in Thailand, won't be recognized in Australia either.