Thailand eases more COVID-19 curbs, ready to welcome back tourists from 1 November 2021

webfact

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I'm seeing lots of reports online of troubles with the new ThailandPass. Apparently, when it asks for documents, you can only upload a .jpg. It won't accept .pdf. Also, in places, it asks for more than one piece of information but will only allow you to upload one file. So, you have to combine them yourself before uploading. Also, the file size is limited to 2 mb apparently. Many people reporting that at the end they get errors when uploading. 

Wow does that mean they have to take a screenshot instead before downloading. 

How on earth will they cope. 

11 hours ago, bill hill said:

want to make some more money off you by making you take another test on arrival & quarantine that we initially promised you would not have to do.

After all the fear-mongering I don't see how they could just go full-on no-quarantine no-test.

You get your PCR test done about two days before you fly, so you could get infected in that time.  Then you spend 10-20 hours sitting in airplanes with others in that situation, or maybe even (if Thai) neither vaccinated nor tested.  You may also spend time in airports in places with low vaccination rates and/or ineffective vaccines, and some of that time might be spent eating and drinking amongst them.

Against that backdrop I totally see the logic of the test on arrival, and the mini-quarantine to wait for the result.  However, I can't imagine many tourists going for it -- if nothing else, this plus the insurance should make you think about what happens if you test positive! Hospitel quarantine for 2-3 weeks of your vacation, in the very best case.

November will be for returning expats and those yearning for a certain kind of entertainment.  Other tourists will come in December, or not.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Having to quarantine while waiting for test results on arrival, albeit for only one night, won’t encourage people; but needing to buy Covid specific health insurance for the entire duration of your visa remains the biggest prohibiter.

I do not believe it is Covid specific,  simply must be Covid inclusive. Not yet an issue but I don't ever see the mass tourism pouring in from China being so well covered. Bet they get a pass.

Edited by jacko45k