Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

Hi.

I am wondering, if the " receiving the QR-Code immediately after applying or at least within 1 minute"- thing is not an error itself.

It is obvious, that in those cases where people got ther QR-code instantly, no human being ever has checked the uploaded documents, such as vaccination certificates, insurance, passport, etc. The specified waiting time for getting the QR-code takes, following the announcements of the Thai gouvernment and the confirmation e-mail, up to 7 days and that's for a reason: humans need to check the uploaded documents it shouldn't be done by an automatic process, otherwise every Thailand Pass QR-Code could be issued with ín seconds for everybody.

Maybe somebody of those who received there QR-code instantly can report, if the could check in or enter Thailand without any problems or if there were issues.

Would also be interesting, if you are able to reiceive a QR-code instantly, if you upload just random pictures and type a random name when applying for Thailand Pass. If you can get an instant QR-code nevertheless, it just must be an error.

P.S.: Just to share my experience so far. I tried to apply for Thailand Pass on early Nov 1.  Had the API error, too. Finally I made it, using the Cors workaround and putting some spacebar after my passport number. It took another 16 hours until I received a confirmation e-mail. Since yesterday morning I am waiting ´....

image.png

Edited by Dorti
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dorti said:

Hi.

I am wondering, if the " receiving the QR-Code immediately after applying or at least within 1 minute"- thing is not an error itself.

It is obvious, that in those cases where people got ther QR-code instantly, no human being ever has checked the uploaded documents, such as vaccination certificates, insurance, passport, etc. The specified waiting time for getting the QR-code takes, following the announcements of the Thai gouvernment and the confirmation e-mail, up to 7 days and that's for a reason: humans need to check the uploaded documents it shouldn't be done by an automatic process, otherwise every Thailand Pass QR-Code could be issued with ín seconds for everybody.

Maybe somebody of those who received there QR-code instantly can report, if the could check in or enter Thailand without any problems or if there were issues.

Would also be interesting, if you are able to reiceive a QR-code instantly, if you upload just random pictures and type a random name when applying for Thailand Pass. If you can get an instant QR-code nevertheless, it just must be an error.

A theory:

The TP system operates automatically if the application contains a vaccine certificate containing a QR code, and automatic = instant. If not, a human has to do the review, and the humans are busy.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

A theory:

The TP system operates automatically if the application contains a vaccine certificate containing a QR code, and automatic = instant. If not, a human has to do the review, and the humans are busy.

I don’t think so, there’s more stuff which needs to be checked, not just vaccination. 

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

A theory:

Okay. But how about the mandatory insurance? My insurance documents don't contain any QR-codes.

Just now, Dorti said:

Okay. But how about the mandatory insurance? My insurance documents don't contain any QR-codes.

My hypothesis is that the system doesn’t worry about the other documents if the vaccine certificate contains a QR code.

QR code on vaccine certificate prompts the system to automatically approve.

Again, this is a hypothesis, not an assertion.

3 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

I don’t think so, there’s more stuff which needs to be checked, not just vaccination. 

yeah. exactly.

How do you explain some people receiving instant approval?

as I have said: I think it could possibly be an error too and I hope there will be no problems to check in at the airport

1 minute ago, Dorti said:

yeah. exactly.

as I have said: I think it could possibly be an error too and I hope there will be no problems to check in at the airport

What is causing that error, and can I have some? I would love an instant QR code.

My hypothesis is that the error is caused by a vaccine cert with a QR code, probably just the EU cents.

Edited by Danderman123

54 minutes ago, Alphim said:

I have installed the Chrome Cors extension. The Thailand Pass icon is on my laptop screen, when I open it I can't get further than the FAQ's. Can anyone please advise  

It does look like the CORS issues have been resolved, so the extension is no longer needed.  There are some public posts on youtube etc showing what the screens should look like as well as videos showing how to work thru the website

How do you explain some people receiving instant approval?

I can think of a number of explanations. One possible idea, which puts the system in a relatively good light, is that the developers realised that many people had not received the confirmation email and QR code even though the application had been correct. They are unable to know which people did/did not receive these. When the application is retried, the system now recognises that it is for a previously approved application, and simply gives you the confirmation and QR code that you should have received earlier. That is not the only possibility, of course.

My hypothesis is that the error is caused by a vaccine cert with a QR code, probably just the EU cents.

I am european and I have the EU certificate which includes an QR-code. I am waiting since monday now....

Hope, somebody flying during the next few days will report here

• Sad 1

Just now, BritTim said:

I can think of a number of explanations. One possible idea, which puts the system in a relatively good light, is that the developers realised that many people had not received the confirmation email and QR code even though the application had been correct. They are unable to know which people did/did not receive these. When the application is retried, the system now recognises that it is for a previously approved application, and simply gives you the confirmation and QR code that you should have received earlier. That is not the only possibility, of course.

That would explain instant approval for re-tries. What explains instant approval for first attempts?

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

I think so too. The approval is attached to your file. Once reregistering with a working email, the qr is automatically resent.

Just now, Dorti said:

I am european and I have the EU certificate which includes an QR-code. I am waiting since monday now....

Hope, somebody flying during the next few days will report here

I think the November 1 apps may be in the ether.

Also, the EU cert issue was not fixed until after 1 November.

That would explain instant approval for re-tries. What explains instant approval for first attempts?

That could only really be explained by automatic confirmation if very basic checks on submitted documents passed. It might imply that they are expecting the airline and hotels to do most of the checking for them.

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That’s also what I was thinking about, they might fix it anytime soon though. If they are aware… ????

17 minutes ago, Gungpao said:

I think the system sent the qr code out but it wasn’t received due to using hotmail. Reregistering with say gmail, qr code already approved and linked to passport number is resent. Definitely a theory lol

Definitely a possibility. I assume the hotmail issue is due to hotmail blocking the emails. When some mail server on a Thai domain started sending thousands of confirmation emails to various hotmail addresses on Monday, hotmail likely automatically bocked the server. Gmail are much better than hotmail at handling spam and knowing which servers to trust. A theory, but possible.

The idea that some of those applications have since been approved, but the person never got the approval email seems reasonable. If the applications are indexed by passport number (after trimming leading/trailing spaces), then applying again with the same passport number and gmail address could result in the already approved qr code being sent to the new address.

I don't think it's the most likely explanation, but it's possible.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That could only really be explained by automatic confirmation if very basic checks on submitted documents passed. It might imply that they are expecting the airline and hotels to do most of the checking for them.

Or, manual checking is reserved for apps without QR codes on vaccine carts.

Manual checking = 7 days. Or never.

Edited by Danderman123

for folks keeping score, I tried reapplying an hour ago and did not get an instant approval.

One guess I have is that USA passports have a lot of anti-forgery stuff that make auto verification hard.

When I applied for a tourist visa (>30 days), the app had trouble reading my passport.

I used a much better photo this time.  I also cleaned up various other images as best I can.

I have USA vaccines and a smart health QR code based on standards that I needed for

transiting thru Singapore.

One other note, in the USA RT-PCR tests with fast turnaround are about 3x the cost in Thailand.

You really want your Thailand pass in place at the time you do your covid test, which is a problem

for folks like me who were bounced out of the COE program and sent to the Thailand pass with

little runway

• Like 1

I have a QR code on my vaccination certificate and am still waiting. I even cut the QR code off the document and submitted that on my second attempt. These are all interesting theories but none of them make sense when I look at my own situation..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vern1 said:

I have a QR code on my vaccination certificate and am still waiting. I even cut the QR code off the document and submitted that on my second attempt. These are all interesting theories but none of them make sense when I look at my own situation..

Well the theory about sending out already approved ones on re-registration would still be valid then if yours hasn’t been approved so far. 

Edited by SpecialSalami
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vern1 said:

Where is your QR vax card from?

On 10/31/2021 at 7:45 PM, SFSFSF said:

I was able to submit mine, converting some pdf things into images.

At the end I just saw a dialog pop up saying success, with no way to look at status.

No email confirmation either.  Anyone see anything else?

Same problem here but wife called the Thailand government and embassy/consulate and the said I need to wait about a week as there are to many to processst the time they Ned to do the surliest travelers first duh! Until I get the confirmation email in 6 days

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

Well the theory about sending out already approved ones on re-registration would still be valid then if yours hasn’t been approved so far. 

Sure but I can't understand why it wasn't approved yet. I'm using the same EU vaccination certificate as many others here, AXA insurance and agoda hotel confirmation. At first I thought they might be prioritizing people flying on earlier dates than me but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

4 minutes ago, portlandtree said:

Same problem here but wife called the Thailand government and embassy/consulate and the said I need to wait about a week as there are to many to processst the time they Ned to do the surliest travelers first duh! Until I get the confirmation email in 6 days

That doesn’t explain why some people are getting instant approval.

I totally believe the staff is facing an enormous backlog of applications.

I totally believe that they have set up the system to instantly approve some applications. I would just like to know their criteria for instant approval. Perhaps it’s by flight date.