Solid White Tuna (seriously)

Beachvbguy1

Since this place has migrated from its previous owners, I have no idea where to post anything, so I'll try here.

I'm a US expat living in BKK, and I enjoy everything about my life here....   except the tuna.

Virtually every can of tuna I've opened in Thailand is pink, and has a much stronger smell and taste than the "solid white" tuna that's sold everywhere in The States.

My solution for the past many years has  been to stock up during my visits to L.A., and to coerce friends who are visiting to bring along a dozen or so tins with them for me.

Does anyone know a local brand that is actually white tuna, not just showing white tuna on the label?   An image would be the most helpful

I know this is relatively trivial in the greater scheme of things, but still, would be nice to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I consider myself a bit picky with tuna, and suffered the same problem when I first moved here 3 years ago.  I'm now eating Ayam brand (tuna sandwich in Extra virgin olive oil).  It's not solid white (I use it for sandwiches), but to me it tastes fine.  Might not be good for you, but thought it worth the recommendation.  

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 6:54 AM, mtraveler said:

I'm now eating Ayam brand (tuna sandwich in Extra virgin olive oil).

I prefer Ayam (a Malaysian brand) to the Thai brands.  I use the EVO version for Salad Niçoise, and the sunflower oil version for everything else.