Thailand Pass helps streamline international arrivals

snoop1130

On 11/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Streamlined...lol, there are over 40k in the que to be processed and many have had the app crash on them as they have tried to register...just like any Thai app it is fraught with glitches.  Why do they not hire a proper web developer to build a site for them instead of hiring someone's supposed computer knowledgeable family member....However, I could be wrong.......

Some posters saying they inserted a QR code into the TP application.

Never done that. My only thought on how to do it is:

-  Take a snip/capture of the QR code from a web page / online

document etc.,

-  Copy/past the snip onto a blank Word document and file that

document /give it a file name (JPEG file).

-  Click on the item in the TP application form, and then highlight the

new file (in Documents) and click on 'OPEN' to insert the file into the

TP application form.

Is that correct?

Or, how to do it (hopefully easier)?

Thanks.

Edited by scorecard

9 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If you are using the snipping tool, just save it, no need to mess around after.

Thanks.

Yes, I'm using the Windows Snipping Tool (small scissors) icon.

So I do a snip, then open the File list and scroll down and click on 'Save'.

Now I'm lost, how do I construct a file name? Do I do something (in establishing the file name) which 'magically' moves the item into the TP application form?  Or???

There is no reason for the Thailand Pass. The QR code is likely a big part of the problem, and why is

that needed on this form anyway.  Passports, and visas should be the only official pieces needed.

I wonder just how many more months of delays it will take for the Thai government to drop this

form?

Geezer

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 11:59 PM, chilli42 said:

The COE was reviewed and processed by the local embassy/consulate.  Issues, delays, questions could be discussed and resolved with the “local” Thai staff.  In the case of the consulate I have been dealing with they have been amazingly helpful.  The Thailand pass is all online and is handled in Thailand … if there is a problem or question it’s not going to be quick or easy to sort out.  I’m going to miss the COE!

Reading this thread, I'm grateful that my COE was approved prior to 1 November and that I can still use it when I fly on Thursday. What a mess!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Reading this thread, I'm grateful that my COE was approved prior to 1 November and that I can still use it when I fly on Thursday. What a mess!

To be clear, you obtained a Test and Go approval, via the COE process.

Did the COE app have an option to choose a one night hotel quarantine?

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

Some posters saying they inserted a QR code into the TP application....

When I looked at the Thailand Pass application site on 2 November, uploading QR codes for the vaccinations was optional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

It still is.

I just asked the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, Australia. My question was:

- Should I submit the whole detailed *Medicare International Covid- 19 Vaccination Certificate which includes a QR code,

OR

- Should I submit only the QR code?

(*Medicare International Covid- 19 Vaccination Certificate - specific to Australians.)

Their quick response was 'submit the whole document':

image.png.6d80c6bd9006964ba473cfe8cd22c3e4.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

- Should I submit the whole detailed *Medicare International Covid- 19 Vaccination Certificate which includes a QR code,

OR

(*Medicare International Covid- 19 Vaccination Certificate - specific to Australians.)

Just trying to get registration. I hold a Thai Certificate of Residenc (23 years).

I clicked on 'Returning to Thailand'.

The the online reg. form asks 'how many days'.

The real answer is 'forever' which I tried but not accepted, lso tried 1 day and 99 days, both not accepted.

Have any other Thai PR holders completed the Thailand Pass registration? What did you insert for 'How many days'?

Thanks.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, roxnadz said:

Stop simpin. This whole scheme is obtuse and absurd, and all by design. They don’t want farangs there, and this is a real convenient way to keep them out.

Thai’s have also struggled with the Thailand Pass application and processing - the idea that ’they don’t want farangs there here’  is preposterous and is the musings of a Thai Basher. 

In Spain, where I am, you need a PLF and a vax cert. that’s it. The whole country is booking 2000 cases/day. Meanwhile Thailand is booking 4x that and those are the ones we know about. Only those with vested interests are jumping through the hoops to get there. You can see the evidence everywhere. Manufactured complexity, just how the Thai government wants it.

Can’t disagree with that - the only reason I’ve jumped through the hoops so many times (4x) is that I work overseas and live in Thailand (with family here).

IF the Thailand Pass works reliably then there is no issue - this past week has been an utter disaster for the Thailand Pass which clearly wasn’t beta tested - they (the Thai MoPH) have royally stuffed up. 

Some of the issue can be blamed on dim people submitting the wrong information etc and many excuses peddled by the MoPH digital programers is pointing the finger towards the failure of people to apply properly which is a highly juvenile response instead off accepting they really screwed the pooch. 

And the silly comments on masks and vax…if those were actually truly effective, this virus would’ve run out of hosts to infect by now. All the vax does is keep you from getting deathly sick, studies worldwide show the vaxt harbor and shed the virus as much as the un-vaxt. Masks merely limit the amount of aerosolized saliva that gets into the air, they don’t stop viral particles. The debate on this has long since been settled. I hope your brown envelope is fat.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

This is now in the FAQ for the Thailand Pass...

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 1.48.00 PM.png

Does that mean that the Thailand Pass documents are automatically checked or just the Certificate and then a human team manually checks the rest? because I do not see any progress on my application a week after I applied

Or maybe I should apply once more

4 minutes ago, alyx said:

Does that mean that the Thailand Pass documents are automatically checked or just the Certificate and then a human team manually checks the rest? because I do not see any progress on my application a week after I applied

Or maybe I should apply once more

Some people are getting amazingly quick approvals while others are taking many days. I assume the quick ones are the result of no manual review at all. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 12:46 AM, scorecard said:

OR

I am under the impression that it is  what is asked on the Certificate page when registering for the Thailand Pass. Also one is asked to upload a QR code (only) in order to facilitate the registration

On 11/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, scorecard said:

Just trying to get registration. I hold a Thai Certificate of Residenc (23 years).

The real answer is 'forever' which I tried but not accepted, lso tried 1 day and 99 days, both not accepted.

Have any other Thai PR holders completed the Thailand Pass registration? What did you insert for 'How many days'?

Thanks.

Best to use the number of days you are covered on your insurance certificate. If you don’t have an insurance certificate because you have Thai Social Security, use 30 days.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 2:13 AM, scorecard said:

Thanks.

I also clicked "Returning to Thailand". I have a 1-year extension for retirement, until Feb 2022.

under "how many days" I inserted 94, which was the days left unti the end of my extension.

The process completed without problems, now waiting for the result.

19 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I also clicked "Returning to Thailand". I have a 1-year extension for retirement, until Feb 2022.

under "how many days" I inserted 94, which was the days left unti the end of my extension.

The process completed without problems, now waiting for the result.

I've since spoken to the MFA who quickly advised 'insert 999'. Seems that this is a code specific to breaking such situations.

It worked, within another 10 minutes I submitted my application and instantly got an e.mail confirming receipt of my TP application. Now waiting for a result. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Best to use the number of days you are covered on your insurance certificate. If you don’t have an insurance certificate because you have Thai Social Security, use 30 days.

But that doesn't work for holders of a Thai Certificate or Residence (Permanent Resident - PR) there is no 'number of days - a Certificate or Residence is issued for lifetime (until death), and therefore there is no renewal. 

I contacted the MFA, they advised to insert 999. I did and it worked, 10 minutes later I submitted my completed TP application and instantly got an e.mail confirmation that my TP has been received.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alyx said:

I am under the impression that it is  what is asked on the Certificate page when registering for the Thailand Pass. Also one is asked to upload a QR code (only) in order to facilitate the registration

Agreed, in reality the TP online application requires submitting  a scan of the whole Vaccination history and in a further item, submit just the QR code.

• Like 1