All for the convenience of the handicapped! 100 meter ramp looks tiring, says Thai media

webfact

There has been an invention called a "lift."  There is even a specialty "lift" developed exactly for occasions such as this open and capable of holding one wheel chair occupant.

i would offer it most likely more economical and certainly not as monumental effort required to install as the current "ramp."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously no consultation with any disabilities advocates .

Even the term handicapped being used remains a worry.

Is there a difference between handicapped and disabled?

The terms handicap and disability are often used interchangeably; however, they have distinctly different meanings, particularly when used by the medical community. Disability describes the mental or physical limitation a person has, and handicap refers to the disadvantage they experiences because of it.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, clokwise said:

I appreciate that they have concerns for handicapped people, however, wouldn't it have been simpler and cheaper to just build a new toilet on the ground floor?

Any more suggestions like that will see you head of special projects

• Like 1

The owners should be made to pay for a full-time wheelchair pusher.  ????

What may not be apparent to non-wheelchair users is the long ramps are also dangerous for coming down. If one lost control of the wheel chair coming down you could end up in a mess at the bottom of the ramp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

What may not be apparent to non-wheelchair users is the long ramps are also dangerous for coming down. If one lost control of the wheel chair coming down you could end up in a mess at the bottom of the ramp.

Correct, going downhill, as a runner or a biker or a wheelchair user can be risky. I have done all three.

3 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I spent a few months in a wheelchair after breaking a leg back in Udon Thani, so I know from experience that I would not be tempted to take that one on. Up or down, especially down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Especially if having a "coming together" at the hairpin with an upwardly mobile user!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

The only person i have seen in a wheelchair in Pattaya was a farang.

Might that be because many disabled locals cannot afford a chair, or are kept at home due to  stigma attached to disabilities?

• Like 1