What's your monthly residential water consumption?

4 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

Minimum charge is b100. I think it's b7 a unit. I think we use 6? 8 units? How much is a unit? No idea.

A unit is 1 cubic meter or 1,000 liters. We are charged 6 Bhat per CM.

• Thanks 1

We use around 6 cubic metres a month, so I presume 60,000 litres, Baht 100 - 120, this month we used 7 cubic metres.

3 bed, 2 bath house, washing machine can be on twice a day, even in our last place the monthly bill rarely exceeded 100 Baht, cheap as chips.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

2 of us large garden, automatic washing machine. 17,000 liters per month. Last bill was 112 THB.

So that’s about 6.6 baht per kilolitre.

Just for comparison, in Australia I pay $4.18 or about 102 baht per kilolitre, around 15 times as much, so you’re all doing pretty well in Thailand with water charges.

Shock ! Although the differences are not large in total but in % we seem to waste water like crazy compared to the majority.

How can it be that your consumption seems to be that much lower than ours (2 Bathrooms, 2 Bedrooms, 2 adults in a 150qm condo (which would not matter - or do the aircons (3) use and dispose water as well ?). Activities are 1 or 2 showers a day per person, very rarely a full bath, washing dishes, washing clothes in our own modern washing machine (not that many). All in all a very modest setting. That does not include cooking/drinking water which are seperate.

Our usual cost is THB 700+ per month from the water bill we get from the juristic person per month and which we pay directly to them. No idea how much units / liters that is. Can it be that this is not based on our individual consumption but on a key dividing the total consumption of the building and divide and allocate that to chargeable units (condos) ?

9 hours ago, moogradod said:

Shock ! Although the differences are not large in total but in % we seem to waste water like crazy compared to the majority.

How can it be that your consumption seems to be that much lower than ours (2 Bathrooms, 2 Bedrooms, 2 adults in a 150qm condo (which would not matter - or do the aircons (3) use and dispose water as well ?). Activities are 1 or 2 showers a day per person, very rarely a full bath, washing dishes, washing clothes in our own modern washing machine (not that many). All in all a very modest setting. That does not include cooking/drinking water which are seperate.

Our usual cost is THB 700+ per month from the water bill we get from the juristic person per month and which we pay directly to them. No idea how much units / liters that is. Can it be that this is not based on our individual consumption but on a key dividing the total consumption of the building and divide and allocate that to chargeable units (condos) ?

AC make water so that is not a factor but any bill should have the number of units indicated.  Are you using public water or is this a private well source water?  Indeed it appears you are paying about twice or more than most people using public water source.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

AC make water so that is not a factor but any bill should have the number of units indicated.  Are you using public water or is this a private well source water?  Indeed it appears you are paying about twice or more than most people using public water source.  

Thanks.

The last bill is straightforward:

It says 20 Units - Unit Price 35.-- - Total Amount 700.-- (per month)

Whatever a unit is in this case.

I guess this should be a public water source. Our Condo Tower is 35 storeys high.

We will ask the responsible office

On 11/6/2021 at 10:18 AM, tonray said:

Thanks...then I'm hitting 3000 liters per month. If you double that if GF stayed here 7 days per week...then 6000 expected.

That is in the same ball park as me. I live in a rural area and do not have mains supply, we collect rain water and get it from a well for most of the dry season. I have about 12,000 litres in storage to see us over the period from when the well runs out till the rain comes again.

I work on 200 litres/day residential usage for 2 of us and worked fairly well over the last 12 years. 

On 11/6/2021 at 4:18 PM, Moonlover said:

A unit is 1 cubic meter or 1,000 liters. We are charged 6 Bhat per CM.

That is quite cheap. When we buy water, mainly for the garden, it is 70 baht/ 1000 litres that is ordering 7 lots on a self collect basis. If you have it delivered usually 100 baht/ 1000 litres.

Before anyone asks how do you collect water, we have an old pickup with an IBC on the back.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Thanks.

The last bill is straightforward:

It says 20 Units - Unit Price 35.-- - Total Amount 700.-- (per month)

Whatever a unit is in this case.

I guess this should be a public water source. Our Condo Tower is 35 storeys high.

We will ask the responsible office

A unit is 1,000 liters so you are paying more than 3 times the public cost of water for a house here in Bangkok (about 10 per unit for my bills of about 50 units a month for family of 8).   Condo has to pump water to top so expect would always be expensive.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

A unit is 1,000 liters so you are paying more than 3 times the public cost of water for a house here in Bangkok (about 10 per unit for my bills of about 50 units a month for family of 8).   Condo has to pump water to top so expect would always be expensive.

Maybe I should have mentioned that we live in Na Chom Thian, Pattaya. But not in the jungle. The area is well developped. I would expect to have access to a public water supply. The house is 35 storeys high so indeed the water will have to be pumped up.

On 11/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Orinoco said:

Op turn all taps off, stop all water use in house, now go check if meter is still running. ?

^Excellent post!!

If I might add , listen to your pump, id it goes on evert once in a while for longer that a second or two, without anyone using the water , then you have a slow or intermittent leak.

It did in our house one and it turned out it was a toilet  tank 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:07 AM, Na Fan said:

We just got our first water bill (lived in a village with its own well for years prior) and it shows a usage of 51'000 liters in the meter period of 30 days.

This is way too much for your family size.

About 1650 litres a day, the average shower is 75-100litres ( approx 10 mins ) and generally that's the biggest household consumption of water.

I have 3 rai and i don't use that much, the garden requires constant watering as well.

I have a bore hole tho, not mains. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 9:47 AM, lopburi3 said:

We have clarified that with the juristic person. THB 35.-- per 1 cubic meter is the price that everyone pays in this building. Our condo building has water tanks which need to be filled up / maintained. A friend or ours lives on the Darkside and even she pays as well THB 31.-- per unit. Bangkok seems to be way cheaper, for a house without the need of tanks anyway I suppose. But it surely depends as well on the height of the building. Our building is 35 storeys high. Quite some infrastructure needed for the water supply.