Success - my Thailand Pass QR-Code arrived last night.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

(1) Clearly you're no "programmer writer".  It's "program", even in British English.  And the usual term is "programmer".

(2) I believe that "Asean Now" wasn't written by programmers working for Asean Now, but rather they used previously developed software and simply tweaked it a little bit.  Just because "Asean Now" can leverage existing bulletin board software doesn't mean that this software can be used to create the Thailand Pass system.

(3) You do appear to be utterly clueless.

Programme is the original spelling referring to TV and radio programmes. Program refers to IT and computers and functions as a noun and verb. The meaning is clear and unambiguous when used interchangeably even though technically incorrectly. It is incredibly crass and reeks of smugness generated by low self-esteem to criticize somebody over such an issue. It's a maxim that grammar, spelling and punctuation police on public forums are the bottom feeders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Negita43 said:

I

I don't know when you downloaded your Scottish NHS Covid cert - originally no QR code BUT now it has so I advise you to re-download. Also Scottish NHS say they won't include any Booster info - very short sighted in my opinion.

Hi 

My vaccine cert was issued  quite a few months ago so had no qr code but have now gone on to the website downloaded the app & have now managed to get the qr codes so all good now Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

An automated process that can read insurance documents? Well I'll be damned, what a breakthrough in technology.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yeah computers are amazing. What next? A machine that can scan and read documents?

I am with KhaoYai on this one. A program can certainly read a document, well most documents, but to understand what is written there is certainly not something that we can trust a machine to do. Certainly not the letter written by my insurance company.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Not that I think the 1 night quarantine is necessary but when the range starts at 3900 baht, the hotels are not necessarily expensive. My wife's RT-PCR test from the Bangkok Hospital in Korat cost 4000 baht and a taxi from the airport to central Bangkok is a minimum of 250 baht.

I booked Novotel Suvarnabhumi, the room is 4,900 inclusive of PCR test. The test itself is 3,000. The room is ok... it's the test which is overpriced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Thai Immigrations has nothing to with Thailand Pass.

This is the brainchild of the MFA, Ministry of Foreign affairs.

Your application was handled by your local consulate.

But yes , Immigrations work on weekends or the airports and borders would have to close.

The local consulate was involved when it was the COE. With the TP, they have no role.

6 hours ago, Oxx said:

Perhaps not your personal fault, but definitely the fault of your US state.  Clearly it's important to be able to verify the authenticity of vaccine records, given that fake documents have been found from a number of countries.  The ones who "didn't think it through" are the countries and states that didn't consider the importance of the ability to verify authenticity to be essential, not the Thai government.

Huh?  The US CDC Official Vaccine record does not utilize a QR code, for a country of 330+ Million people. Thailand isn't "verifying" my vaccine records at all other than just looking to see if I have the official CDC vaccine record card that the vast majority of Americans only have. So at the end of the day Thailand IS accepting the standard US documents - so there goes your screed about the ability to verify authenticity to be essential. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

The local consulate was involved when it was the COE. With the TP, they have no role.

More than involved. They dealt with COE's at the beginning - then their bosses at the MFA thought they could do a better job but kicked it back to the embassies and consulates after just a few weeks.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

An automated process that can read insurance documents? Well I'll be damned, what a breakthrough in technology.

Why not?  They are only looking for a few key words and phrases.

When I uploaded my passport to their e-visa website it automatically extracted my passport # and DOB from the image.

Edited by shdmn

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Why not?  When I uploaded my passport to their e-visa website it automatically extracted my passport # and DOB from the image.  They are only looking for a few key words and phrases on the travel insurance documents.

And insurance? And how do you know it extracted your passport number and date of birth? It could simply recognise that a file has been uploaded.

14 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

And insurance? And how do you know it extracted your passport number and date of birth? It could simply recognise that a file has been uploaded.

Because it automatically populated a separate form with that info.  Welcome to the 21st century.  This has been possible and reliable for a long time now.  Have you tried to deposit a check in a bank machine lately?  A lot of them can automatically read the $ value on the check.  Even a poorly scribbled handwritten one.

Edited by shdmn

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Because it automatically populated a separate form with that info.  Welcome to the 21st century.  This has been possible and reliable for a long time now.  Have you tried to deposit a check in a bank machine lately?  A lot of them can automatically read the $ value on the check.  Even a poorly scribbled handwritten one.

Their systems couldn't even handle a pdf and you think that they have advanced bank level AI to scan random jpegs from dozens of countries and formats? You think that my hotels.com receipt is similar to a check?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

And it can also read insurance policies?  I doubt that.

8 minutes ago, Sandro777 said:

Their systems couldn't even handle a pdf and you think that they have advanced bank level AI to scan random jpegs from dozens of countries and formats? You think that my hotels.com receipt is similar to a check?

Precisely - all this talk of automation is rubbish unless they are simply relying on the vaccine certificates and ignoring everything else.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sandro777 said:

Ok I am wrong.  It must have all been my imagination.  ????‍♂️

Edited by shdmn

Sent my application in around midnight last night - received the pass this morning around 6.30am.  Its possible that they are pushing them through now due to the backlog.  I separated my two NHS vaccine certificates (easy with a basic program like Paint) but as the NHS ones have a QR code on them, I didn't crop that and insert it into the additional QR code box.

There's not a cat in hell's chance that my insurance documents will have been undertstood - I will have the full policy with me on entry though.

I should note that it was recommended (by Salerno I think?) to use a merge program to join my insurance documents up - as the required information is spread over several pages. I did that but it resulted in a filesize of around 8.5 mb - the maximum allowed is 5mb.  If you need to do the same andthat happens to you, again a basic program like Paint will sort it out.

Open Paint

Click File then Open

Select the merged document

Click Resize

In the Resize box make sure the Percentage tab is checked and change it to say 50 (that reduce mine to around 4.5mb)

Click OK then back to File and Save - you're done.

Most PC's have Paint and its not difficult - believe me, I'm not computer savvy at all.

Edited by KhaoYai

25 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Sent my application in around midnight last night - received the pass this morning around 6.30am.  Its possible that they are pushing them through now due to the backlog.  I separated my two NHS vaccine certificates (easy with a basic program like Paint) but as the NHS ones have a QR code on them, I didn't crop that and insert it into the additional QR code box.

There's not a cat in hell's chance that my insurance documents will have been undertstood - I will have the full policy with me on entry though.

I should note that it was recommended (by Salerno I think?) to use a merge program to join my insurance documents up - as the required information is spread over several pages. I did that but it resulted in a filesize of around 8.5 mb - the maximum allowed is 5mb.  If you need to do the same andthat happens to you, again a basic program like Paint will sort it out.

Open Paint

Click File then Open

Select the merged document

Click Resize

In the Resize box make sure the Percentage tab is checked and change it to say 50 (that reduce mine to around 4.5mb)

Click OK then back to File and Save - you're done.

Most PC's have Paint and its not difficult - believe me, I'm not computer savvy at all.

So, every person who has reported a quick approval is someone who has a vaccine certificate with a qr code. Those of us without that will have to wait for manual review. 

1 minute ago, JCP108 said:

So, every person who has reported a quick approval is someone who has a vaccine certificate with a qr code. Those of us without that will have to wait for manual review. 

I guess that's possible but mine wasn't in minutes as some are reporting.  Also, note I didn't separate my QR code off and put it in the additional box.  Have you applied yet?

Just now, KhaoYai said:

I guess that's possible but mine wasn't in minutes as some are reporting.  Also, note I didn't separate my QR code off and put it in the additional box.  Have you applied yet?

I applied on November 4 with a U.S. certificate lacking a qr code. Got the confirmation email that it was accepted. No notification of approval yet. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:11 PM, arithai12 said:

I am with KhaoYai on this one. A program can certainly read a document, well most documents, but to understand what is written there is certainly not something that we can trust a machine to do. Certainly not the letter written by my insurance company.

My passport gets read every time I enter the UK.

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I applied on November 4 with a U.S. certificate lacking a qr code. Got the confirmation email that it was accepted. No notification of approval yet. 

We had some discussion last night as to the whole system being automated - I know not whether that is the case but I have to accept it could be.  Let's consider that it is though, I find it a little strange that they have employed an A I system (which won't be cheap) but restricted file types to just one.

Having a QR code scanner in the system is far more believable - as they seem to love them and it would also explain your situation.

As I say, I don't know if the system is fully automated or not but if it is, surely it would refer those without QR codes to some form of manual check and simply process the rest.  Computers read things at lightning speed so (and this is not a complaint) why did it take my application 6 hours from receipt of the first notification to getting the pass? In terms of how fast computers can do things, 6 hours must be like a month.

They said 7 days - hopefully your Pass will be along shortly.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My passport gets read every time I enter the UK.

That's because there is a code along the bottom of your main passport page and the fact that your passport contains a microchip containing your biometrics.  In addition all UK passports (possibly all full stop) are laid out the same way. That would be very easy to mechanise but as has been stated before, we are being asked to believe that a system has been employed that can read insurance policies?  I don't believe that.

My passport is chipped yet many's the time I've arrived at Manchester and the machine has refused it - these systems aren't perfect.

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That's because there is a code along the bottom of your main passport page and the fact that your passport contains a microchip containing your biometrics.  In addition all UK passports (possibly all full stop) are laid out the same way. That would be very easy to mechanise but as has been stated before, we are being asked to believe that a system has been employed that can read insurance policies?  I don't believe that.

My passport is chipped yet many's the time I've arrived at Manchester and the machine has refused it - these systems aren't perfect.

Bar codes get read easily too. They are used on a daily basis. It's that simple. Don't worry about

Asking for opinion on the different experiences on the insurance companies that have used for the TP.  Do I necessarily have to use Thai companies that are advertised on tourist sites or can I use any other non-Thai company that covers $ 50,000?  Thanks for any advice