Unpleasant reading. Best not to read it.

swissie

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I have a sneaky suspicion some people might lie........so assuming they did, what could the interested party do to find out where you were in the world?

You say ask for proof? If I am in Thailand for a year, but say I was in the UK, other than demanding your passport I can't see that what they would do to disprove what you say?

As I say, this is of genuine, if only passing, interest.

I imagine they would ask you where you were.

Travel insurance - in Canada -  your Gov't insurance must be in good standing. Then travel insurance pays.

To keep Gov't insurance you must spend "The Majority" of your time in the province or territory you reside in - 183 days a year.

If you took out a 6 month policy, and were admitted after that time, how would you explain that - to the insurance company or the Gov't ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwest10 said:
On 11/8/2021 at 5:46 AM, Albert Zweistein said:

For decades long I do have a year around travel insurance. BUT, it doesn't cover health problems unless caused by an accident.

Travel insurance is just that and though I was covered until the first year of renewal and then told you have to be in the uk for 5/6 months of the year and of course asked queried and no joy.

That is what we both know.    I don't understand why a person wants to post a fantasy as if it's true.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:47 AM, 4MyEgo said:

This is why I have been an adamant supporter of having private health cover when out of your home country for emergency and elective surgery. The policy also having repatriation included in the policy.

I can appreciate those older cannot get it, and others choosing not too, and that is fine as it is their choice, to me private health insurance is = to car and or house insurance, albeit they are lower risk, therefore cost cheaper.

As human beings on the other hand, we are ticking time bombs once we reach a certain age, e.g. guy I know has been in hospital 3 times this year, his bill was 2.6 mil baht, and he is in his early 60's, another had a quadruple bypass as he didn't renew his policy due to the increase when he hit the 59-64 bracket, again in his early 60's.

I don't know what the operation cost him but it was done in a private hospital, so I would ballpark that at 750k baht.

I took that hit last renewal, the policy went 50,000 baht per annum, almost doubling, but without insurance I feel naked and this would expose my life savings should something like the above happen to me, I would take a hit that would hurt, but not enough to wipe me out, or hurt my family, but the point of retiring is to feel safe, secure and covered in the event of something happening to you.

So for the 330 baht that it cost me per day, I will continue to insure, i.e. until I get to the next bracket, then assess the increase to the policy, being insured is common sense to me, and it requires good budgeting and accepting that you are worth the outlay, regardless if you don't see anything for your money, e.g. same as car insurance or house insurance, and when something does happen, you can be compensated for it. 

It's a choice, and I choose not to go public and pay for that choice.

Stop eating meat and you will not have a problem after 2 years of detoxing ha ha sad but true

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jwest10 said:

What??? A Uk company nothing to do with Immigration!!

A Uk or any travel insurance company will check travel history prior to the claim, they will want to know the travel date backed up by original hard copies and one sniff of fraud and they will come down heavy, by fraud I mean claiming to live in the UK to get cheap international health insurance, and yes immigration, maybe I should have posted UK passport control, everytime passport control  puts your passport under the scanner it is not for fun, you are booked back in the country and it this info many agencies have access  to, unfortunately I speak from an expensive error of judgement !!! 

• Thanks 1