COVID-19: Thailand reports 7,592 new coronavirus cases, 39 deaths

webfact

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 7,592 confirmed cases, 3,797 probable cases (ATK), and 39 deaths (1.00%). Out of 98,425 patients , 42,193 are in hospital, 43,797 in hospitel and 6,815 in home/community isolation. There are 1,997 in a serious condition (-51) with 441 on ventilators (-8) #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1457525080037027845

Another serious outbreak ha been reported in  2 separate Prisons in the Province of Korat

There were were 625 cases reported (  minimum ) at these 2 separate locations, and I wonder if they have all been included within the 711 posted number in the Graphic above.

The other 1000 cases that were reported in a Prison in the South dont seem to have registered thus far.

Testing also seems to have dropped down from around 14.5 % to less than 12 % - a large drop.

Does anybody know what this means in terms of actual tests conducted numbers are .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Coincidentally, just received an email from my daughters school. One of the secondary teachers has caught the virus, they had been double jabbed months ago with Sinovac, not sure if they've had a booster.

Anyway the school seems to be dealing with it very sensibly and not overreacting. After testing positive with the home test ATK he was then sent to the hospital to get another with Nasopharyngeal Antigen Test, this was also positive so he's isolating at home for 2 weeks. All the students and other teachers have tested negative so all carries on as normal, those with close contact with him just need to self monitor.

Just to add to this. Two positive tests by rapid method, the first a normal home test kit and the second at a hospital with the WHO approved Nasopharyngeal Antigen Test.

So no PCR necessary for Phuket Disease Control who were obviously contacted and consequently will not go on official numbers. I wonder how many more are being done like this in the other schools and in the community here.

• Thanks 1

Illegal profiting from the Pandemic in Thailand......................................

large number of unauthorized ATK test kits and illegal medical types of equipment, worth more than 5 million baht in value, were found and confiscated at two warehouses in the Bang Kapi district of Bangkok, the Consumer Protection Police Division (CPPD) announced today, November 8th.

CCPD commander Anan Nanasombat announced the reports of the search of two warehouses in Bang Kapi, Bangkok following receiving a tip-off revealing that there was smuggling of Covid-19 test kits, medical supplies

https://tpnnational.com/2021/11/08/large-number-of-unauthorized-atk-test-kits-and-illegal-medical-supplies-seized-in-bangkok-worth-more-than-5-million-baht-in-value/

Edited by Bkk Brian

16 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Hi Brian. I cannot comment on the case for the school(s) in Phuket but do know it is different for the bar / restaurant community in Patong. The same Phuket Disease Control unit demand that all staff are given ATK tests at least once a week. Any positive ATK results are then always followed by PCR tests. This is their policy for this little part of Phuket. The success of this policy, if that is the right word, of course depends on outlet integrity.

Yes thanks, obviously different in Patong, in Surin at a beach club a group of staff all tested positive via ATK (all double vaxxed) they were told to isolate at home for 2 weeks however its my son who told me this and I did not ask details about it. He's here from the UK and works for a large company as an account manager providing western wholesale food to restaurants/hotels and bars so has a pretty good angle on the situation in this industry here regards how much they order, ie how busy they are etc (he is recruiting as needs more for the team), but I digress....555

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes thanks, obviously different in Patong, in Surin at a beach club a group of staff all tested positive via ATK (all double vaxxed) they were told to isolate at home for 2 weeks however its my son who told me this and I did not ask details about it. He's here from the UK and works for a large company as an account manager providing western wholesale food to restaurants/hotels and bars so has a pretty good angle on the situation in this industry here regards how much they order, ie how busy they are etc (he is recruiting as needs more for the team), but I digress....555

One would have hoped that with a small island, such as Phuket, they would have unified their testing policy by now! I'm guessing i hope for too much....

1 hour ago, Rhacsyn said:

One would have hoped that with a small island, such as Phuket, they would have unified their testing policy by now! I'm guessing i hope for too much....

Agreed, perhaps just a difference for the schools? In fact staff and pupils in the schools (internationals ones) only have to do an ATK test once every two weeks:

"According to government regulations, parents must continue to perform ATK testing on their children every two weeks and submit the results to the school"

However the school i know of asks for it weekly as a precaution.

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Kalasin found 24 infected funeral clusters, more than 300 screenings for 8 high-risk communities

Kalasin found 24 infected funeral clusters. Officials rushed to investigate the disease. Screening found more than 300 risk groups in 8 communities, 200 households on November 8th.

https://www-matichon-co-th.translate.goog/region/news_3032107?_x_tr_sl=th&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui,sc

Be interesting to see the numbers in the next couple of days. Today's number is 31. Double jabbed is 38% in Kalasin with the majority by far being jabbed wih Sinovac.

http://www.kalasin.go.th/t/index.php/th/covid-19.html

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

One statistic I cannot see/have missed/ was never released is the total number of  PCR tests conducted

We have seen the positives but they are a bit irrelevant if we don't have an accurate number of tests completed and the one thing we do know is the more you test the more you find?

I wonder what the present incompetent's have to gain by not testing or fudging the figures, yep I wonder cos they have been so honest and squeaky clean throughout...

edit apologies if they have been honest and above board with these latest figures, probably safe though...

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

One statistic I cannot see/have missed/ was never released is the total number of  PCR tests conducted

We have seen the positives but they are a bit irrelevant if we don't have an accurate number of tests completed and the one thing we do know is the more you test the more you find?

I wonder what the present incompetent's have to gain by not testing or fudging the figures, yep I wonder cos they have been so honest and squeaky clean throughout...

edit apologies if they have been honest and above board with these latest figures, probably safe though...

Those figures stopped been reported a while ago and changed to a percentage. Even trying to find PUI numbers is becoming a challenge. Smoke and mirrors. I expect if you dig deep enough and long enough you will find the numbers but have to remember that PCR tests is not the same as new persons tested as the total PCR lab tests will include repeat tests for those in hospital and quarantine. I would guess the recent drop in percentage for 7 day average has dropped due to the 20000 or so tests carried out on people entering the country under the new rules, may be wrong but, hey, 20k tested and 20 positives from those would sure make the positivity rate look better.

• Like 1

Thailand reports 6,904 new COVID-19 cases, 61 deaths and 8,024 recoveries

COV9.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Tuesday (November 9) reported 6,904 new COVID-19 cases, 8,024 recoveries and 61 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1238649-thailand-reports-6904-new-covid-19 cases-61-deaths-and-8024-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin