51-year-old motorbike driver seriously injured in Ban Bueng accident, other vehicle flees but drops license plate

snoop1130

z0rhvq1l-814949-768x432-1-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen / Top News

A 51-year-old female motorbike driver has sustained severe injuries after being hit by a pickup truck at an intersection in Ban Bueng on Saturday (November 6th). The driver of the pickup truck fled the scene, however, the license plate of their vehicle came loose and fell onto the road, helping police track down the driver.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 6:30 P.M. at a Ban Bueng Intersection. They arrived at the scene to find an injured woman, Ms. Puangpan Monyao, 51, lying on the road near her damaged motorbike.

She was unconscious and was rushed to a local hospital. A license plate, reportedly belonging to the other vehicle involved in the accident, was found at the scene.

Two witnesses who were also at the traffic light, Ms. Janjira, 35, and Mr. Suwatchai, last names withheld at their request, told the associated Thai press, “The light was changing from red to green and motorists began slowly moving.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/08/51-year-old-motorbike-driver-seriously-injured-in-ban-bueng-accident-other-vehicle-flees-but-drops-license-plate/

PattayaNews.jpg

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the license plate of their vehicle came loose and fell onto the road,

What is it with Thailand and these license plates that seams to fall off all the time? Yesterday I saw a tiny small accident where a motor bike drove in to the side of a car that was turning right in a crossing. Not a big accident, the bike didn't even flip. A bump on the side of the car just behind the rear wheel. And the motorbike drive apparently fled the place after checking the bike was ok. But the license plate of the car fell off. Was not even close to the bike...

How many Thai license holders would realistically have a chance of passing an American/European driving test‽

As for appropriate punishments, what financial burden could you realistically put on a person who is probably earning at best  500 THB a day? 

Failure to stop after an accident (particularly if you know your at fault, and not covered by insurance) is a no brainer.

How many westerners would consider making off if they had no insurance/driving licence and the knowledge that staying would probably cost them a weeks wages?

1 hour ago, Dont confuse me said:

How many Thai license holders would realistically have a chance of passing an American/European driving test‽

I was not allowed to transfer my Thai MC license to a Swedish one when I tried two years ago.

All the years i have ridden motorbikes while on holiday and also the year i lived there i have

never had an accident ,which never ceases to amaze me given the absolute retarded drivers 

that you see over there. 

Also seen accidents where the culprit does a runner.