US government is planning to donate 1 million doses of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines to Thai government, Thai Foreign Affairs Ministry reveals

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Thailand is such a mess when it comes to vaccines.

Australia totally ballsed up their rollout and they’re at 80% vaccinated and soon to be 90%.

while Thailand needs to form committees to work out which leech gets what and how much.

Sad for the ordinary Thai

Thailand at 80% also.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Whats happened to the 1m doses of Pfizer they were giving?

As stated previously, the USA donations were received and distributed throughout Thailand. My two Pfizer shots were received here in Chiang Mai in September but others had gotten their shots before I was scheduled.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Major delays occur when they try to figure out how to extract brown envelopes from a vaccine given away for free.

no  problem they get it free  then sell  it to the  hospitals  who already  have a waiting list of thousands  paid  in  full

I hope this deal does go through.  More people will be properly vaccinated which is a positive thing.  

But i have something to say which could be considered somewhat off topic.  I apologize to the decent people on here who try to help others.

Unfortunately there are people that respond to posts with anti-American comments.  There was a recent post that had so many of these comments.  A moderator had to step in and delete all of them and give a warning.

I bet these people would not hesitate  to take a vaccine free from America though. If you hate America so much, then dont take a free one given from America.  But everything is ok I guess as long as it's free. Let the people take it that appreciate it.  You can purchase a Moderna vaccine, or take a free one not from America.

And by the way,  If a person decides to move to another country.  That country you move to is not obligated to provide you with anything.   And Im not defending Thailand.  

And the same type of people will probably say Im a troll, and this and that.  The only trolls are the ones that "Troll" the forums looking to insult people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

I got 2 of them, for free, and so did thousands of other expats and school children.

You got Pfizer vaccine from the initial 1 million doses donated from US.

An additional 1.5 million Pfizer was donated by US, but got hung up in MoF not signing paperwork.  The MoF was in Washington at the time and still couldn't get his ministry to do the right thing.

This gov is a total shambles ... Only out for money they can skim.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

As stated previously, the USA donations were received and distributed throughout Thailand. My two Pfizer shots were received here in Chiang Mai in September but others had gotten their shots before I was scheduled.

The 2nd donation never came.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-vaccines/lets-try-that-again-us-to-attempt-another-donation-of-1-million-vaccine-doses

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So let me get this right,  the US is willing to donate 1 million vaccines but:

I don't understand the need to approve accepting a free vaccine donation with no strings attached. Do donations of vaccines hurt this Governments image or something.... wait a minute...well maybe free and donated do hurt the image of an inept government whose vaccination strategy seems to have had major stumbling points.  Why not just shoot themselves in the foot again. 

However, to me it reeks of ineptitude and a lack of caring for and about the Thai people.

These could be vaccines that have a shorter expiry date or something on them or vaccines which were to go to some other place but were rejected for whatever reason. There's lots of possible reasons why they might not fit the original promise. Even damaged shipping boxes could worry some people.

The US has a lot of stubborn people who don't want the vaccine so vaccines in various places around the US they planned for Americans may also be starting expire so they have got to get rid of them  at the last minute.

With some people desperate for what they think is a better vaccine you'd think there would be a huge back market going on for this stuff. I wonder what is going on out of sight.