Mike Pence locked out of Capitol on Jan. 6?

cmarshall

Blogger Allison Gill is reporting that on Jan.6 after Pence, his team, and his family were evacuated from the Senate chamber their keycards stopped working.  Pence's access to the Capitol, the White House, and the Vice President's office suite were all disabled along with that of his staff.  That explains the photos, which have not been published, that show Pence and his entourage stuck in a parking garage under the Capitol, according to journalist Jonathan Karl's book, "Betrayed," which has just come out.

In addition, there is a report that Trump signed an executive order on Jan. 6 which has not been released.  Also, the gallows that was erected on the Capitol grounds that day was made of 8" x 8" beams of the type that one sees only on long spans in barns, for example, and which would have carried the weight of several hanging victims.

So, what are the chances that the executive order instituted martial law and a cancellation of the Jan. 20 inauguration, which Trump planned to publish following the kidnapping or murder of the Vice President?

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does it really matter?

More than 70,000,000 Americans voted for Trump. And the majority of them still think he won.

And the GOP politicians are more interested to support Trump lies than holding up the US constitution.

The whole country is a total mess. And even if half the Trump supporters would change their mind then there would still be more than 30 million people who support a serial liar who tried to overthrow the election.

IMHO there is not much hope for that country for the foreseeable future. 

But the problem is that if the legitimate government does not aggressively defend democracy then the fascist forces will be encouraged to increase their aggression.  After the failed Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 the perpetrator spent only an easy year in jail and seven years later gained full control of the country.  So far, nothing at all has happened to Trump or Bannon, Flynn, and the rest of the conspirators.  We hope that will change soon, but it remains to be seen.  The power of Congressional subpoenas is teetering on the edge of effective abolition.

I think it matters.  If the House Select Committee can drag someone in front of the cameras to reveal that Trump was on the verge of declaring martial law, that would matter to a lot of people.  

Edited by cmarshall
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

If the House Select Committee can drag someone in front of the cameras to reveal that Trump was on the verge of declaring martial law, that would matter to a lot of people.  

I wish you were right.

But how many Trump supporters do you guess would not support him anymore if that would be proven?

And even if he would have declared martial law then I am sure most of his supporters would still support him. Remember, he won the election - at least that is what those ignorant people believe. 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wish you were right.

But how many Trump supporters do you guess would not support him anymore if that would be proven?

And even if he would have declared martial law then I am sure most of his supporters would still support him. Remember, he won the election - at least that is what those ignorant people believe. 

Ignorant being the operative word.

• Like 1