20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists

webfact

2 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

On my way to immigration to change my visa.

I will apply for a work permit and just bought a high spec camera.

I paid already a deposit on the "Q house" in Nana for a 170 Million Baht penthouse.

Soon, I have my Bentley and enjoy HI-SO life.

Hell those people who bought on the wrong side must be *******. All that money to look at the side of another tower block????

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, Neeranam said:

Here's an idea, put up some CCTVs, instead of asking people to grass up others. 

Three kid’s on a bike plus the driver holding an umbrella, smoking a cigarette and talking on a cell phone, no helmets, that’s got to get a reward, but my wife says don’t do that, trouble, I say only joking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh,  puh...leez!  Just get the lazy police to do their jobs and patrol streets properly.   This is a communist thing....rewarding citizens to report neighbors and friends just to get some cash.  How about Privates in the army rewarded to report their Generals who scam and cheat to become absurdly wealthy. .  Same same....but different? 

There are lousy road users whatever the vehicle. It's easy to blame motorcyclists, but here's a thought: 

Motorcyclist Survival 101

How many motorcyclists ride the way they do to escape those erratic, phone-chatting drivers in mobile discotheques? See, around 22% of all car collisions and over 70% of truck crashes result from non-driving related distractions, i.e., overly loud music, mobile phones, etc. Now add in poor driving skills more generally.

Incompetent Women Drivers (Can I Say that?)

The debate continues, but women's incompetence behind the wheel didn't just spring up out of nowhere. My sister once pointed out that neither she nor her female friends have ever had a road accident in their lives. To which I replied...

"I believe you, sis. But if you ladies took a moment or two to glance in the rearview mirror ONCE IN A WHILE…. Well, you would see that you leave an awful lot of crashes in your wake."

So, perhaps this 20K reward should be for all wheels on the tarmac and not single out those poor sods on two.

Stubby

• Like 1

As a matter of fact. That is a governmental fake news.

They did this with 1000 Baht reward program already.

I sent them approx. 150-200 pictures.

Guess what?

Never got 1 Baht.

Do waste your time. This is Thailand.

Thailand never changes or improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

As a matter of fact. That is a governmental fake news.

They did this with 1000 Baht reward program already.

I sent them approx. 150-200 pictures.

Guess what?

Never got 1 Baht.

Do waste your time. This is Thailand.

Thailand never changes or improve.

There is actually a reason for that non payment.  The 1000 baht is only paid, after the fine is paid.  Thais simply ignore mailed traffic fines, and don't pay, as there is not repercussion for non payment.  After 2 yrs of non payment, the citation is null & void.

That's why at check points on the highway / roadway, there is always a collection table.  Which you can pay on the spot, or at the local PoPo station, in which case they hold your license until paid.  Then you simple decide if the fine is worth the hassle of simply getting a new license, and usually not, so you pay.

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/11-million-traffic-tickets-ignored-and-unpaid

Never mind all that ............................ pot holes can maim & kill too.

Unbelievable the state of the roads in many many areas. 

Even new roads and re-surfaced roads left damaged for weeks.

Need a short code number to report neglect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...