Driving from Pattaya to Ekamai

jack71

Hi

I want to drive from Pattaya to Ekamai- more or less on the same route as the big bus that leaves every hour. 

Yes, I know about google maps but actually I find it doesn't often make the best decisions- certainly out of any big city google maps is useless. I will not even start on the sat nav system in my car. Absolutely useless with directions

If Im driving up that road past the main Pattaya bus station (on the left). I get to the T intersection and turn right and then 50m on take the left at that main highway. Is that the route all the way to Bangkok? 

Once Im in bkk what is the sign to turn off (left side) to sukhumvit. I know once Im on. that it leads to Ekamai on the left side. 

thanks

Yes use number 7, and exit when you see Bayoke tower, on to Chalong Rat Expressway towards Klong Toei and Phra Khanong.

Take the second exit towards Sukhumvit Soi 50 at On Nut, take a left into soi 50, and then take a left again to get onto Sukhumvit itself.

Then just straight ahead past Phra Khanong BTS and next one is Ekkamai. Good luck!

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Yes use number 7, and exit when you see Bayoke tower, on to Chalong Rat Expressway towards Klong Toei and Phra Khanong.

Take the second exit towards Sukhumvit Soi 50 at On Nut, take a left into soi 50, and then take a left again to get onto Sukhumvit itself.

Then just straight ahead past Phra Khanong BTS and next one is Ekkamai. Good luck!

NB: CORRECTION: Don't look for the Baiyoke tower, that's too far into town. You take the exit AFTER the one to Bang Na, not far after a road toll gate.

I cannot remember the name on the road sign, when you have been many times, you stop looking at details. Check the map, and it is actually easy.

4 hours ago, jack71 said:

If Im driving up that road past the main Pattaya bus station (on the left). I get to the T intersection and turn right and then 50m on take the left at that main highway. Is that the route all the way to Bangkok? 

No, They stay on the motorway only as far as the junction with 361 near Chonburi, then use 361 to Hwy  34. Get Google Maps to plan your route.

10 hours ago, jack71 said:

how does one do this? Im so old I can barely turn on the computer. 

Haha, well you might do better tailgating a bus from Reung Ruen bus station then, although they have a habit of stopping to drop people off here and there in outer Bangkok. 

Take the turn off for BangNa pretty simple then keep right and turn right at the lights and you are on Suk, ekamai is on the left as you go down - maybe about 4km in traffic

TBH I would just take the bus and leave the car, are you just going for the day, I would have driven for you if I had known earlier ????