Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was that quoted, i.e. show the link and the whole quotation as "may be" was not the official announcement.  16th Jan was confirmed as a definite re-opening date for businesses that meet the health requirements.

First sentence of the OP

3 minutes ago, actonion said:

Walking along any Soi in Pattaya doe'nt  meet any safety criteria, with  Electric wires hanging free, holes in footpaths,  etc etc ... and they're  worried about  health and safety  B.S

So true and any western h&s inspector would have a field day .  Pavements with big drops , deep open holes , vendors selling their wares taking most of the pavement and lamp posts in the middle which often mean you have to walk in the road . Hardly conducive to wheelchairs or handicapped folks . There was a good opportunity during this covid event to reconstruct walkways but appears to not have happened . I did suggest over 1 year ago , when the authorities said they were going to make improvements to beach road , that they make beach road into a promenade and pedestrian only for most of it . ( leave access for baht taxis with deliveries to be made at a certain time of the day .  Now that is a H&S consideration . 

On 11/12/2021 at 4:28 PM, Screaming said:

Actually, this is great news. It has been so peaceful in Thailand since the bars were closed. There is no reason to rush the opening of these venues. This delay will enable more citizens to get vaccinated and prevent Covid infections and death. 

What a selfish, ignorant comment. Tell that to the owners of the thousands of small bars that are closed permanently. Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people deprived an income. There is NO evidence that bar closures has ANY impact on the rate of vaccination. You must be some tee-totalling puritan like these clowns in government. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Good news, I just found out that 2 of my friends have headed to Thailand to stay the Winter until sometime in March.

Another old friend and his son will be leaving at the end of November until end of March as well, so Thailand will

get 4 tourists from Canada at least.  I wished them all good luck for their arrivals to Thailand and to Hua Hin

where they will be for most of their stays. I wished I was so brave, but still think that I will wait until Winter of 2022/23 arrives.

Geezer

why jan 16 is covid going on strike then ..why not open tomorrow it makes no difference...give the thai people a chance to earn a little over Christmas and new year ...not rocket science now is it ...just control yep control those peasants a bit longer eh

• Like 2

I hope the COVID numbers stay low in Thailand, in the USA there is still 1000 people dying each day

and same in Russia. In Canada  the numbers are rising in some places, especially the Yukon, where there is only 

one hospital in the capital Whitehorse, and they only have 4 ICU beds which are all full, and there is

150 cases in Whitehorse alone. It is the flu season in North America again, so going to the tropics

would be nice to go to for a lot of us older travelers.  Oh well....

Geezer

20 hours ago, PranBuriThai said:

Watch Nick Dean's latest YouTube video.

I thought he was going to break down during his update.

he is definitely about to break down on that video, was probably having a cry when the camera was off at the end of it

that said, nobody is going to cry over some "dodgy" Brit expat making money on the vice trade, and Thais in particular

and I think that's the issue, officials see all those "dodgy" guys marking their "territory" with bars etc... and they want them out. Those YT videos are clearly demonstrating the mentality of those "bar owners", like they own the place.

Any proud Thai watching this must have their blood boiling,

so I agree, there is definitely a plan to "rat them out" with Covid. Most SE Asian countries are doing the same with western expats.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thaichina said:

If they took it as it is, a worldwide pandemic, a serious problem and not a scam, maybe they would have made better plan instead of complaining over and over they need to wear a mask here and there. They are nice people and I want to have some beers with them but their anylisis on the situation is pretty bad, and nothing makes them change, they just complain and complain..... Because to them there s no problem with covid. it kills less than 1% etc, you know that sound....

amen to that, those type of bar owners are dinosaurs, and they just got hit by a meteor, but they don't know it yet, or are in denial. They should cut their losses and get out, and move back to Birmingham instead and wait it out.

even 2022 is not going to be a smooth ride,

and the Thai government is loving that covid thing, they are in total control of their population despite the growing frustrations and dissatisfactions with the whole thing

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

he is definitely about to break down on that video, was probably having a cry when the camera was off at the end of it

that said, nobody is going to cry over some "dodgy" Brit expat making money on the vice trade, and Thais in particular

and I think that's the issue, officials see all those "dodgy" guys marking their "territory" with bars etc... and they want them out. Those YT videos are clearly demonstrating the mentality of those "bar owners", like they own the place.

so I agree, there is definitely a plan to "rat them out" with Covid. Most SE Asian countries are doing the same with western expats.

That may well all be very true but Nick Dean isn't forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to.

The girls have been contacting him and other bar owners, wanting to comeback and work.

Supply will always meet demand.

A number of these bar owners provided food and a roof over the heads of their staff during the pandemic.

Many helped feed the needy in Pattaya.

I always wonder what our more virtue signaling posters did for the Thai people during the pandemic.

The largest vice trade is Thai to Thai.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PranBuriThai said:

That may well all be very true but Nick Dean isn't forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to.

The girls have been contacting him and other bar owners, wanting to comeback and work.

Supply will always meet demand.

A number of these bar owners provided food and a roof over the heads of their staff during the pandemic.

Many helped feed the needy in Pattaya.

I always wonder what our more virtue signaling posters did for the Thai people during the pandemic.

The largest vice trade is Thai to Thai.

not saying he is a bad guy, and not doing a service to his community, and helping out those in needs

that's not even the issue,

but those farang bar owners are seen as a threat, possibly colluding as a sort of local "teamsters" watching over their precious "assets" and "corners"

and that's not acceptable for Bangkok officials,

the same thing could be said on Phuket and Kho Samui,

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

not saying he is a bad guy, and not doing a service to his community, and helping out those in needs

that's not even the issue,

but those farang bar owners are seen as a threat, possibly colluding as a sort of local "teamsters" watching over their precious "assets" and "corners"

and that's not acceptable for Bangkok officials,

the same thing could be said on Phuket and Kho Samui,

They don't own any "assets".

They pay rent to Thai landlords.

The problem is i doubt they own any assets in the UK.

They won't be able to most likely afford to rent a one bedroom bedsit.

UK landlords don't accept "crypto".

32 minutes ago, PranBuriThai said:

They don't own any "assets".

They pay rent to Thai landlords.

The problem is i doubt they own any assets in the UK.

They won't be able to most likely afford to rent a one bedroom bedsit.

UK landlords don't accept "crypto".

they must have some cash, and the key money they put into that rent is an "asset" they can resell to the next sucker buying a bar,

I think they have remaining "connection" in the UK, it's just they won't be living the "high life" they had in Pattaya, and will have to settle for becoming the "bouncer" or "branch manager" for a local "boss"

nobody would be looking forward to this, and the new deadline is now seriously limiting their future options, above all if they had to "borrow" money against future cash flows they promised to "someone" back home in Birmingham ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

On 11/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, GrandPapillon said:

The rise of social media platforms such as youtube, where everyone and anyone can take a virtual tour of places, in this case Pattaya, has spilt the beans and exposed what was going on to those folk who previously had no idea or perhaps from stories told face to face. A couple of decades ago you had to join dedicated internet forums to find out the ins and outs of p4p, like where to go, what to do and what not to do, and the only people who knew were those that actively went looking. Now it's all one click away on platforms like youtube. The youtubers have partially done this to themselves perhaps. I took a Thai to Pattaya around 15 years ago and they had no idea of the p4p going on. Had never heard of it. My comment. Oh, also the fact that everyone has a smart phone or internet access now. In the past they did not.

Edited by OishiRefill

Researchers at the University of Texas found that people who drink regularly are less likely to die than those who have never drank in their life. ... Out of 1824 participants, only 41 per cent of moderate drinkers died early in comparison to 69 per cent of non-drinkers, according to Time.