Thailand’s Public Health Ministry plans for fourth booster of Covid-19 vaccines for eligible Thai citizens in 2022

webfact

2 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Why Thai people only?  America gives Thailand millions of does of Moderna vacine and none go to Americans only Thais.  That sucks and is unfair to Americans who will need additional boosters.  This is why this government has so many problem with it PM.

I think they purchased some Moderna from a private company.  But the US did give some Pfizer jabs.

Makes sense they're doing a 4th jab.  Sinovac isn't a very good vaccine.  Hopefully, the 4th jab will be one of the better ones.

3 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Why Thai people only?  America gives Thailand millions of does of Moderna vacine and none go to Americans only Thais.  That sucks and is unfair to Americans who will need additional boosters.  This is why this government has so many problem with it PM.

Its also sad that the Biden administration doesn't direct 80,000 of the one million doses  for Americans living and working in Thailand. Just like the donated Pfizer vaccines. The US Embassy said the policy was Americans could fly home to receive American vaccines. Just like Afghanistan , the Biden administration does not care about Americans that live and work outside the USA. He will care when we vote in 2022 and 2024

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, club said:

Its also sad that the Biden administration doesn't direct 80,000 of the one million doses  for Americans living and working in Thailand. Just like the donated Pfizer vaccines. The US Embassy said the policy was Americans could fly home to receive American vaccines. Just like Afghanistan , the Biden administration does not care about Americans that live and work outside the USA. He will care when we vote in 2022 and 2024

The local embassy gave out a lot of jabs not long ago.  We you not aware of that?  But yes, I ended up flying back to the US to get ours.  It wasn't the only reason for going there, but it was our #1 reason.  Reason #2 was that it was BORING here with everything shut down! LOL

The Thailand government said 2 months ago they would not buy any more Sinovac from China. So instead of buying more of something that works like Moderna, Pfizer and even AZ, they buy the junk from China again. Someone in the Thai government is getting kickbacks from China and I think we all know who it is

Wonder how much a booster jab is going to cost here if they decide foreigners are not eligible, and if they will even give us expats or the migrants one.  Kind of worried now for the extended family here that have been double jabbed with Sinovac and still many months later, after even having had Covid they have not been given boosters no matter how hard they try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I read recently that once the existing stocks of Chinese vaccine had run out there would be no more, yet here we are....more on the way.

Looks like they are reserving it for foreigners only from December, so if you're an expat of foreigner who has not been vaccinated already and wants one of the better ones then get in quick before Dec

"The government announced that starting in December, unvaccinated foreigners will now only receive the free mixed-dose model with one dose of Sinovac, then AstraZeneca as a second dose. Thais in outbreak areas and students will be given two Pfizer jabs. 

Locals in other provinces will have the choice of receiving a first dose of AstraZeneca, then Pfizer for their second dose or two doses of AstraZeneca."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

The thing is it is not yet known how effective the 3rd booster jab is. How long will it last before waning? Will it wane? Will it be enough for the memory cells for life time protection? Israel is the test bed for this and as the have only recently started the booster rollout it's too early to know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Israel is the test bed for this and as the have only recently started the booster rollout it's too early to know.

Are they ahead of the UK who are nearly 12 mil (20,6%) into booster administration?

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Natural immunity comes via exposure. Around 6 months after your last shot you will no longer be protected hence the booster.

That is totally correct ALL vaccinations are almost not effective anymore after 6 months. Therefor in EU they started to give boosters, as cases are on the rise again

Just now, me2052 said:

That is totally correct ALL vaccinations are almost not effective anymore after 6 months. Therefor in EU they started to give boosters, as cases are on the rise again

Not wearing masks is my guess. Being vaccinated does not mean you cannot catch and spread the virus. 

Lovely jubbly news for the Hospitals group who can now look forward to more demand for the paid option.

Government should now add a tax on the sale of doses and distribute to those in strife over loss of income from continued closure.

And I say that as one who has, and will continue to, pay for some parts of the extended family's innoculation programme where the government scheme has been logjammed.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

National – The Ministry of Public Health is planning to provide a fourth booster shot of Covid-19 vaccines for eligible Thai citizens in 2022 following the gradual arrival of more vaccines, according to Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

Anutins had his fourth, I've only just got my 2nd AZ... let alone a 3rd/4th booster.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I read recently that once the existing stocks of Chinese vaccine had run out there would be no more, yet here we are....more on the way.

For those staying in Thailand by the look of it.

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

If I didn't know better I'd think the Chinese where paying Thai's to take their vaccines. Of course I wouldn't think that any of the upper 10% would be taking them. Heck, I suspect, even the lower ten percenters are waiting until the sinopharm/sinovac/sinowhatever is all gone.

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not wearing masks is my guess. Being vaccinated does not mean you cannot catch and spread the virus. 

It is not only wear or not wear a mask it is also that every vaccine apparently is losing its effect for protection. So booster are needed to be more protected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, me2052 said:

It is not only wear or not wear a mask it is also that every vaccine apparently is losing its effect for protection. So booster are needed to be more protected.

Yes you are right. My comment is more about viral spread among vaccinated populations. Waning is part of it but the countries that have openned up and are seeing a spike or it's even being called a fourth wave are not wearing masks. If you are fully vaccinated you can still get and spread the virus. Mask wearing dramatically reduces the chances of this.

Edited by dinsdale