The Loud exhaust gang - The net is tightening !

properperson

On 11/18/2021 at 8:36 AM, piston broke said:

I hate loud exhausts with a passion ... People who put them and annoy the great unwashed should have the bike confiscated and loud pipe destroyed ....

Yeah, we get that Pist-on Broke (but seriously, you're starting to sound like a broken record) ... we get that you hate loud exhausts with a passion but they probably annoy you more than most. I'd really like to see you harp on about something you like with a passion. 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:45 AM, Captain Monday said:

A shame but part of motoring culture seems to be making noise and causing nuisance. ...

More so about making noise, and the greater part of that crowd are going to be younger testosterone-driven knuckle-heads. The part you're missing is that apart from the "hey, look at me" bunch, there are the enthusiasts who enjoy tweaking their machines to perform better. And part of that necessitates a free-flowing exhaust, which entails more noise from the tailpipe. It's not done to annoy anyone. In fact, if you think about it, the decibels arrive and depart rather quickly. Unless you're prone to keeping pace by following. In which case one has to ask, do you or do you not want to prolong that sound?

Right, that's me off me soapbox. Now where's that derby?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaigang said:

Yeah, we get that Pist-on Broke (but seriously, you're starting to sound like a broken record) ... we get that you hate loud exhausts with a passion but they probably annoy you more than most. I'd really like to see you harp on about something you like with a passion. 

More so about making noise, and the greater part of that crowd are going to be younger testosterone-driven knuckle-heads. The part you're missing is that apart from the "hey, look at me" bunch, there are the enthusiasts who enjoy tweaking their machines to perform better. And part of that necessitates a free-flowing exhaust, which entails more noise from the tailpipe. It's not done to annoy anyone. In fact, if you think about it, the decibels arrive and depart rather quickly. Unless you're prone to keeping pace by following. In which case one has to ask, do you or do you not want to prolong that sound?

Right, that's me off me soapbox. Now where's that derby?

I am m not exposed to street noise in Thailand. Except for the glorious sound of airplanes.

I chose a condo under a flight path...my problem 

I am exposed to it in USA however. Should be more strictly enforced,

And Why, WhyWhy , can't Americans exit a bar without screaming?

On weekends it goes on until early AM, and the "Hooting"

"Whoo Whoo Whoo" What are they owls?

• Confused 2