Chinese donate 1.5 mil doses of vaccine to Thailand - PM pledges to work with new ambassador

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He had a donation of 1.5 million doses of vaccine - the Thai media did not specify what brand it was though previous donations have been Sinovac, notes ASEAN NOW.

It must be Sinovac. 

See this topic posted earlier today.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The Minister told the Associated Press today, November 12th, that Thailand will receive 1 million doses of Moderna vaccines from the United States and 1.5 million doses of Sinovac from the Republic of China.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

From another TV report -

"and 1.5 million doses of Sinovac from the Republic of China. "

Please tell me that’s true ???? The republic of China is Taiwan, so that would make the mainlanders bristle big time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, placnx said:

With a serious Delta situation in China and insufficient vaccine supply there, why don't they follow the example of India and keep the vaccine for their own people?

Because, as they're proving definitively in China, Sinovac cannot control the Delta variant. 

Donation now!  In the beginning the Chinese was selling the junk recently the Thai said no more Sino when the stock runs out what a lame excuse not to use it when so many other Nations were donating other vaccines like the Pfizer, AZ and recently the Moderna. They know the Sino is useless but don't have the balls to tell them.

When it comes to the Pfizer and Moderna they can't find the request or have to hold a meeting to discuss it?  But when the Chinese comes calling no miscommunication the PM comes crawling on his  hands and knees? Jump? how high you want? Kiss my ass? both sides O.K. with you? How far you want me to crawl up your ass? or do you want me to bend over again for you?????  You got anymore of those second hand submarines that come with nothing?

Edited by thailand49
  • Haha 1

Absolutely disgraceful, Chinese Ambassador bearing gifts,.... Its what we call in the West a Bribe, not a gift, and as previously posted, only the other day the PM said they would no longer use Chinese junk, 

I suppose because there is money involved everything will be OK now.... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's not correct, here in Chiang Mai it's mostly AZ+Pfizer now.

Okay, not correct for Chiang Mai, but I returned last Monday to my vaccination centre to have errors on my Mor Prom corrected.
As I sat with the person doing the correction on her mobile I was watching all the paperwork coming in to be sorted out from those having vaccinations in the adjacent room.

S1= Sinovac

AZ 1 & A Z2= Astra 

21 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Pinocchio and Anutin at it again ... saying 1 thing then doing another.

Prayuth walking around with his hand out for more more more ...  

When do these people have enough?  They've taken so much already during this pandemic and still want more.

That's The Chuckle Brothers for you. ????

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Funny, the health minister could take all 1.5 million of the chinese gunk himself and he still could not travel where he wants to

I still don't understand why the other Chuckle Brother was allowed to mix with politicians in Glasgow recently.

I even wonder how his English is having being educated at a Military Academy.

17 hours ago, paul1804 said:

They didn't state which vaccine it is because they already said the Chinese vaccines were not good enough and that they would stop using them. Yet here they are accepting more, the lovely ambassador bearing gifts to seal some other deals that will only benefit the CCP and maybe a few Thai politicians!

What do you expect from a soldier who openly said there will be no coup?

On 11/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, rwill said:

I had 2 doses of Sinovac.  Last one in July.  I have queued for Moderna at Bangkok hospital.  At my checkup yesterday my doctor told me I should go ahead and get both Moderna vacinations instead of just 1 as a third booster for the Sinovac.  He thinks by now I probably don't have many antibodies left in my body.  So best to just start over again.

For those saying Sinovac is worthless it just isn't true.  It is better than nothing.  However I read an article where they were discussing the different vaccines.  They said a good vacinne should give you more antibodies than actually catching the virus.  Sinovac does not do that.  AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna do.

The thing that concerns me about Sinovac is selection pressure. If a lot of people are jabbed with Sinovac, the tendency is for the weaker ones to get infected and for variants to arise in these cases in particular. From there I'm concerned that such a variant would more readily infect others who have been Sinovac-jabbed. This is an issue of public health and stopping the pandemic rather that saving individual lives. On that consideration, Sinovac can work for a while, until a variant seriously overcomes the defense that it can erect. Then a booster of another vaccine, preferably mRNA will be an urgent matter for all those jabbed with Sinovac.

Attached is a discussion of selection pressure on SARS2 when confronted by antiviral drugs or vaccines. It came out in December 2020, but it remains relevant and is interesting in the light of the two recent treatments molnupiravir and paxlovid + ritonavir. This article reviews various treatments current last year and something which I had not heard about: low-dose radiation therapy (LDRT). The article is not too technical, although the radiation discussion is more difficult since this comes from the journal Radiation.

Selective Pressure-Free Treatments for COVID-19 02dec20.pdf

Edited by placnx
typos