Chinese donate 1.5 mil doses of vaccine to Thailand - PM pledges to work with new ambassador

webfact

18 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Because, as they're proving definitively in China, Sinovac cannot control the Delta variant. 

A lot of people have not been vaccinated in China. It is not clear (as usual) how many cases are breakthrough infections.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The UK are now accepting people into the country who are vaccinated with the Chinese vaccines, or have I picked it up wrong?

UK and US. Someone tells me that it was a deal: China would accept Moderna, Pfizer, AZ for entry if the others would accept Sinovac. Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, placnx said:

UK and US. Someone tells me that it was a deal: China would accept Moderna, Pfizer, AZ for entry if the others would accept Sinovac. Can anyone confirm this?

This link may throw some light to your question. In any case, China is still not permitting inbound and outbound travelers. So it’s wait and see. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-vaccine-passport-visas-covid/2021/04/20/8a6422d0-a14e-11eb-8a6d-f1b55f463112_story.html

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

This link may throw some light to your question. In any case, China is still not permitting inbound and outbound travelers. So it’s wait and see. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-vaccine-passport-visas-covid/2021/04/20/8a6422d0-a14e-11eb-8a6d-f1b55f463112_story.html

Is the requirement still 14 days of quarantine hotel plus a week of home stay, assuming that one has a compelling reason for travel?

2 hours ago, placnx said:

Is the requirement still 14 days of quarantine hotel plus a week of home stay, assuming that one has a compelling reason for travel?

What happens when I arrive in China?

Unless you are travelling on a “fast lane” arrangement that allows some essential travellers to skip quarantine, you will generally have to undergo 14 to 21 days of quarantine.

Fast lane arrangement for some internal provinces and selected countries like Singapore. 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:54 AM, webfact said:

8pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Compare the above photo for this news story to the photo of Thailand receiving the 1 million Moderna doses today.  The US Embassy continues to allow itself to be made fools of and insulted repeatedly. And then still begs and crawls on their knees to the Thai government. Get insulted and then allow them to kick sand in their faces.  

American Vaccines arrive.jpg