Cigarettes shortage in Thailand?

thecaveman

13 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I have no problem people  smoking its their choice  helps contribute tax to the government coffers  which can be put to good use ????

Passing point my father was one of those who smoked did not care about the consequences  decided to stop later in life 

But to late died of lung cancer a few years back the damage had been done

My great uncle smoked and always had a full cigarette case in his tunic pocket during the great war. One day he was shot at by a german sniper and instead of the bullet going into his heart it struck the cigarette case and changed direction. It went straight up his nose and blew the top of his head off.

42 minutes ago, overherebc said:

My great uncle smoked and always had a full cigarette case in his tunic pocket during the great war. One day he was shot at by a german sniper and instead of the bullet going into his heart it struck the cigarette case and changed direction. It went straight up his nose and blew the top of his head off.

I had to larf , I guess once seen not forgotten. 'twas a long time ago though.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, Chad3000 said:

Not really. I'm not proud of the fact that I quit smoking decades ago. I'd say the only time I'm ever in a tobacco related discussion is in posts like these.

I'm simply making a comment and anonymously at that.

I'm not stating at all how brilliant I am for not smoking in that post merely that I don't.

But in reality, it's a dire habit only practiced anymore by the working classes and poor. Thais no longer smoke.

I have five aunt's. Four died of lung cancer - one at 72. My sister died of related illnesses at 52 but you go ahead...

In my later years in Thailand an old friend got emphysema, a Marlboro Red smoker.

In 2018 I moved back to the UK, after nearly 20 years of living in Thailand. I also moved from paying £1.50 (60 Baht) a pack, to £10 a pack in the UK. £300+ a month was enough incentive for me to quit in June 2020.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:31 PM, toofarnorth said:

I did get L&M green at 7/11 yesterday but it took about 6 No hab before getting them. Tell me , are Blue weaker / stronger or something else.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:36 PM, KarenBravo said:

Red is standard and blue is lite and not as strong.

Green is menthol, the red, blue, yellows are virginia.  LM Storm seem to be a menthol/virginia blend

17 minutes ago, Dumbfounded said:

Green is menthol, the red, blue, yellows are virginia.  LM Storm seem to be a menthol/virginia blend

Many many years ago probably about 50 my mates dad smoked Dunhill , too expensive for me but a fine smoke should I have borrowed one when his dad offered. Wonders Green are a drag and not a good drag at that.  No ciggies left so later will see what I can get in nearest 7/11.  Good job I only smoke 4 or 5 a day.

• Like 1

I only smoke when I drink, once or twice a month. My friends, however, are regular smokers and can't find any Playoff Red. I ride a pushbike all over Pattaya/Jomtien, and one day I checked almost every 7/11, Lotus, and Mom & Pop place I saw. Same thing all over, "no have."

Over the last week, I've had no problem getting Camel Blues and my sometimes alternate, Mevius Sky Blue in Phra Khanong, Bangkok. 

The weird thing is the Camels are still 60 baht at the 7 and Family Mart but 80 at our condo shop (regular price was 70). I haven't bought any Mevius since I got a carton a while back.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:36 PM, KarenBravo said:

Red is standard and blue is lite and not as strong.

So what's green? Slightly menthol I think? And not strong? 

There's been no shortage of Green in my off the beaten track 7-Eleven all the way through, but I know a Grab food driver tried five in my area a week ago and no success. 

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

So what's green? Slightly menthol I think? And not strong? 

There's been no shortage of Green in my off the beaten track 7-Eleven all the way through, but I know a Grab food driver tried five in my area a week ago and no success. 

I don't think menthol is quite as popular as standard. Most of the Mini-Marts still have them.

Until L&M Blue becomes available again, I've switched to Marlboro Gold.

Won't everyone shut the you know what up, we dont give a rats azz on your views on smoking, or your a ex smoker, or heath issues, or if you like the smell or not...

Yes in Pattaya the Cig supply it pretty bad and very erratic and has been for over a month.....I like to smoke the cheap Thai bands I-score, Line, and Break but sometimes because of lack of supply I have to buy the expensive Marlboro..... 

Edited by redwood1