Chonburi warns everyone who went to a “gentlemen’s club” in Jomtien recently to take a Covid-19 ATK test

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, UKJASE said:

we want to test before heading on a road trip to see yaai, and would rather do it at home than go to a hospital

What is the point of doing that, other than seeing at that one point in time, you are negative?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

What is the point of doing that, other than seeing at that one point in time, you are negative?

isnt that what all tests do?  surely better to know, than to not know, right?

it will be the first time i meet yaai......  I am not going to be flavour of the month if i give her covid!!

On 11/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, clivebaxter said:

Gentleman's club always makes me smile, in plain speak they are brothels, none are actually clubs and you wont find many gentleman in them. Went to one in Jontiem 20 years ago called the Winchester Club, the best thing about it was the pictures in the toilet, the food was not bad though.

now closed.. reopened as a type of bar the Winchester had a wall and doors this place is all open. its very bizarre  even tho the owners are there every day I've not seen a customer there in 3 years ..i go past it daily..but they do sell bread outside !!

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Just tried to find it on Google Maps - have the police erased it?

Transcripts are a lottery :biggrin: Jomtien Nivate

Jade House Jomtien is found easy.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 11/14/2021 at 5:08 AM, jippytum said:

People wonder and moan  why such places in Pattaya are closed.

Instead you have hundreds of people drinking at treetown where there's no control.

Would have been better if they open up bars and restrict to 25 ppl per establishment.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, clivebaxter said:

Gentleman's club always makes me smile, in plain speak they are brothels, none are actually clubs and you wont find many gentleman in them. Went to one in Jontiem 20 years ago called the Winchester Club, the best thing about it was the pictures in the toilet, the food was not bad though.

The food was good in there on Sundays, I think free? A friend told me.....

They had photos of many East End and South London gangsters on the walls. Used to have some. shady, hard cases among the clientele.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, jippytum said:

entertainment places have  proven to provide a breeding ground for the virus. Despite restrictions venues and patrons defy the law putting others at risk. People wonder and moan  why such places in Pattaya are closed. The reason is obvious. 

Entertainment places have been pretty much shut since mid 2020.

what proof did they provide ?

44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You should have seen videos/pictures of the music festival on Jomtien beach on Fri/Sat. Absolute jam packed road, mass gathering.

Compared to that, Treetown is an afternoon coffee party.

Friend went out to the music festival, reckon booze was freely available and many (her incouded) got well <deleted> up.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 7:14 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Depends on what was on the menu really, doubt there was any food on it.

These places always have food, far before covid even. Used to love the buffets on weekends at gentleman clubs. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was in Central Festival Sunday.  It was the busiest I've ever seen it.  Lines to get in most of the restaurants and the parking lot was packed.  Social distancing?  Right....not a table available at most of the eateries.  100% packed.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:42 AM, SidJames said:

That's exactly what I do as I don't want to spend a few weeks in the hospital cells just because I test positive.

False positives are not unusual so get a few tests when buying & keep them in the fridge.

If you test yourself positive then test again.

Yes, just  keep testing until you are negative !   Don't worry whether it is right or wrong ????

On 11/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, UKJASE said:

isnt that what all tests do?  surely better to know, than to not know, right?

it will be the first time i meet yaai......  I am not going to be flavour of the month if i give her covid!!

So, you want to do a test to show you are negative, so then you can travel to a province that has a higher concentration of covid, for which you don't need a test to enter.

Once again, what is the point?  How does a negative covid test help your travel to Pattaya?  You could catch covid the day you arrive in Pattaya.  

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

So, you want to do a test to show you are negative, so then you can travel to a province that has a higher concentration of covid, for which you don't need a test to enter.

Once again, what is the point?  How does a negative covid test help your travel to Pattaya?  You could catch covid the day you arrive in Pattaya.  

interprovincial travel is allowed.  we are both vaccinated, will test to ensure we are covid free, and it is my GF's son's birthday.  I think therefore we are ok to travel.  

I didnt say we were going to pattaya tho.  we travel to issan

On 11/17/2021 at 9:00 AM, UKJASE said:

interprovincial travel is allowed.  we are both vaccinated, will test to ensure we are covid free, and it is my GF's son's birthday.  I think therefore we are ok to travel.  

I didnt say we were going to pattaya tho.  we travel to issan

So, the test is for the protection of the family you are visiting.  Yes, good idea.