Very BEST mattress, from your own experience, available in Thailand, which skyrocketed you into the land of NOD. And, due to which, you awoke each morning...feeling Top of the World?

GammaGlobulin

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The springs are outsourced, in fact.

Probably the springs are made in China, one might think.

Maybe you might just sleep on the springs.

Maybe I'll just pay attention to the helpful and informative replies and ignore the stupid ones ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SooKee said:

Old thread now but still relevant.  We are also in the market for a new mattress and, like TGJ I'm also looking at the Dunlopillo Ecstasy.  Had a stroll round both Home Pro and Central after doing some initial internet searches and also came the conclusion that the RRP of mattresses supposedly on 'sale' are wildly over-inflated, such as to bring the sale price down to a still overly-inflated sale price.  I guess they do it here because they can get away with it and there's always some sucker that will swallow it I guess.

We've swung back and forth a few times between pocket spring or latex, in some ways preferring the former for the supposedly better ventilation, but my wife is dead against springs of any sort, on the basis that regardless of how many there are or how well isolated they are they are, they are STILL springs.  I'd imagine you'd have great luck in pursuing a warranty claim if springs started to fail after a few years.  

In Malaysia we had an Omazz Falcohn which was very comfortable and, one of the most importance things to me, there was no disturbance if one partner gets up in the night for whatever reason.  Still can't decide on what might be better on that front, I thought the pocket springs would be better in that regard but, as we had no issues with the Omazz, I'd rather go for the latex option I think as opposed to the (prone to fail?) spring options.

I too have have found wildly differing prices for the Ecstasy and found the lowest so far at Shopee for 46K so I've mailed Dunlopillo with a screenshot as the opening play to negotiations.  Will see how it goes.

A few years ago back in NZ, I bought a latex mattress because it felt good in the shop, but after sleeping on it for a few months, I couldn't get comfortable because it seemed to have "indentations" where I would regularly sleep, so I sold it, along with the Slat-bed that came with it.

About a year ago here I bought a Sealy Posture (not posturepedic?) As it is a slightly firmer mattress, and it was on sale (point taken about the extortionate range of prices) and I found that to be about right.

However over the months my back and left hip started to suffer to the point where I was waking up tired, so I looked around for a latex topper and found a good one on Lazada which is now installed on my bed and it has made a difference, but I'm wondering if the fact that I am getting older and have had quite a few injuries, is counting against me, and for some reason I have thought about getting a softer mattress??

Still only a distant thought at the moment and not even sure that a softer mattress would help??

• Like 1

I got a Solomon spring mattress last October. Not expensive, they go for around 4000 to 6000 Baht depending on the size.  But well made and really comfortable to sleep on.  Find them on JD Central - they deliver direct and will take it in to the bedroom, not just leave it in the lobby or outside. 

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

A few years ago back in NZ, I bought a latex mattress because it felt good in the shop, but after sleeping on it for a few months, I couldn't get comfortable because it seemed to have "indentations" where I would regularly sleep, so I sold it, along with the Slat-bed that came with it.

About a year ago here I bought a Sealy Posture (not posturepedic?) As it is a slightly firmer mattress, and it was on sale (point taken about the extortionate range of prices) and I found that to be about right.

However over the months my back and left hip started to suffer to the point where I was waking up tired, so I looked around for a latex topper and found a good one on Lazada which is now installed on my bed and it has made a difference, but I'm wondering if the fact that I am getting older and have had quite a few injuries, is counting against me, and for some reason I have thought about getting a softer mattress??

Still only a distant thought at the moment and not even sure that a softer mattress would help??

The Omazz Falcohn, latex, we used for 5 years was great, if very slightly too firm.  Never had any indentations though.  So many variables though, brand, materials, construction method etc etc plus of course personal preferences.  

I find a very hard mattress is not that comfortable for me, too may pressure points, I'm not keen on too soft either as I find them too hot.  Trying them in a shop is OK for immediately de-selecting those you might really not like but not much more use really.  Two minutes in a shop isn't the same as 8 hours, and definitely not 6 months.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:56 AM, spidermike007 said:

Some will claim anything will kill you. This will hurt you, this will kill you. Blah, blah, blah. I stopped listening to much of the extremist nonsense a long time ago. Peace of mind is a beautiful thing. 

Maybe you could teach me this skill. I used to be like that too... and then I actually got cancer five years ago. I survived it, of course, but now I really take it in when warnings are given about this or that being carcinogenic or toxic.

My biggest mental challenge currently with this is that I'm reading more and more scary warnings about the levels of pesticides in fruits and vegetables in Thailand right when I'm trying to pump myself up for a long term stay there and after having become vegetarian (okay, pesca-vegetarian... I can't give up fish). 

Anyway, back to mattresses... sorry for the digression.

• Like 2

Sometimes, I feel, when it gets too noisy in Thailand, that sleeping this way might be best for me.

Sensory deprivation is sometimes good when one is overloaded in Thailand, by noise, etc....

main-qimg-bb6b75126bb4f60d427656b734279ac7-lq.jpg.4086705cd678a5b3c245786a38245cd7.jpg

A sensory deprivation tank, in the heart of noisy BKK, is good for me.

The cost of this contraption cannot be cheap.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 11/15/2021 at 10:34 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

My point was and is that we are not all the same. I.e. even in hot Thailand I like to sleep in a "cold" airconditioned room and cover myself and cuddle with my gf. So it seems that part is also not eliminated.

There are so many "what is best" lists out there it's tiring. Or maybe it's more tiring that some people think there is the best solution which fits all. 

Hear hear!

• 5 months later...

Just by way of an update to this (in case someone comes across this thread, pondering the same questions in the future), still fairly happy with the Dunlopillo Ecstasy mattress we bought aside from one thing.  It is fairly significant problem though.  It weighs a ton!  Or to be precise 200Kg!

I knew latex mattresses are heavy but I didn't realise exactly HOW heavy and it's something I forget to physically check in the store.  I wrongly assumed it would be about the same as the Omazz Falcohn we had, also latex, and could thus be flipped easily.  No way can the Ecstasy be flipped unless you have 3 other guys to help you do it.  2, maybe if they are strong burly guys.

The Falcohn here was around THB 80,000 when we were looking, the Ecstasy we got for 40K approx.  Were I shopping again, I'd go for the Falcohn for sure, so much so that we are thinking of getting rid of the Ecstasy, selling it second hand while it is still in excellent condition.  The weight is THAT much of a PITA.

• Thanks 1

How does a real latex mattress look? not to be deceived

But for the compressed rubber, it weighs about 2 times more than a real latex mattress

Should buy a latex mattress with a zippered mattress cover. so that it can be opened to check whether the mattress in it is a rubber mattress or not

https://www.cozylatex.com/post/ท-นอนยางพาราแท-ด-ย-งไง-ไม-ให-โดนหลอก

If mattress is real natural latex mattress (injected molded) it is possible to lift each corner of the mattress with one hand.

Largest single width of single piece of natural rubber is 6 inches if you require more they single join the pieces together

A 6 inch natural latex mattress should weight approx 60-70 kilos

• Like 1