Best cryptocurrency to get into now.... I need to invest some money

35 minutes ago, lkn said:

By that logic, shares in Facebook is a good store of value.

It's probably much better than both fiat currencies and keeping money in the bank yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fdsa said:

of course it's not a scam - just look at my Rolex and my Lambo I've bought with your money!

bragging-about-rolexes.jpg.c3467e7a7668815e76b4638427fc0061.jpg

So if somebody make money from something it is a scam ? Lets look back at this post 2 year from now , if I'm wrong I have no problem to say so. 

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

1.  I have not promoted cryptos.  If you think I have copy and paste my promotion of them in your reply so everyone can see!   

2.  I'm not an FA now, I used to be an IFA, USED TO BE. you really don't understand tenses?  That's how I know that you're wrong when you said that I "could never be an FA anywhere"!

we are talking today, not the past, sorry for my silly assumptions ???? and my answer remains the same, you couldn't be an IFA anywhere today, maybe 5 years or 10 years ago, when anyone could be an IFA, but not in this current compliance environment

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

we are talking today, not the past, sorry for my silly assumptions ???? and my answer remains the same, you couldn't be an IFA anywhere today, maybe 5 years or 10 years ago, when anyone could be an IFA, but not in this current compliance environment

"we are talking today, not the past, sorry for my silly assumptions"

I wasn't, I never mentioned present day and you weren't making assumptions, you were just not reading what I posted correctly!  Glad that you understand your errors now.

You've forgotten to copy the part from my comments where, you alleged, I  "was promoting cryptos", when can you show me those recommendations here?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Maybe not for beginners but there is a great opportunity in the Maiar exchange, oping very soon.

I've been saying that EGLD is the new BTC, lightnin fast and very low fees. 

With this exchange starting in 2 days, I'd highly recomend buying EGLD and MEX

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"we are talking today, not the past, sorry for my silly assumptions"

I wasn't, I never mentioned present day and you weren't making assumptions, you were just not reading what I posted correctly!  Glad that you understand your errors now.

You've forgotten to copy the part from my comments where, you alleged, I  "was promoting cryptos", when can you show me those recommendations here?

I am pretty sure you were supporting some silly promotions on cryptos, but maybe your name was mixed up with the other crypto fans, you guys all sound the same after a while ????

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, engamann said:

So if somebody make money from something it is a scam ? Lets look back at this post 2 year from now , if I'm wrong I have no problem to say so. 

Sorry, I've used a wrong wording. Of course HEX is not scam - it is just a Ponzi scheme.

Not every Ponzi scheme is a scam.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fdsa said:

Sorry, I've used a wrong wording. Of course HEX is not scam - it is just a Ponzi scheme.

Not every Ponzi scheme is a scam.

Hex is to day 0.20$ , PulseChain probably up and running whit inn the next lets say 3 month , lets see 2 year from to day who do best , me that think it will do very well or you that think it is a scam/ponzi.

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

1.  I have not promoted cryptos.  If you think I have copy and paste my promotion of them in your reply so everyone can see!   

2.  I'm not an FA now, I used to be an IFA, USED TO BE. you really don't understand tenses?  That's how I know that you're wrong when you said that I "could never be an FA anywhere"!

it doesn't matter what crypto does, some refuse to accept it.

The took offence when crypto started and never invested, and now they are bitter. 

I have a crypto debit card and have been getting 3/4% back for years. Now the exchange is doing really well, due to great advertising. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/nov/17/la-lakers-home-to-be-renamed-cryptocom-arena-in-reported-700m-deal

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, engamann said:

Hex is to day 0.20$ , PulseChain probably up and running whit inn the next lets say 3 month , lets see 2 year from to day who do best , me that think it will do very well or you that think it is a scam/ponzi.

The guy, Richard Hart is a weirdo, with a very dodgy background. Stay well away from this, IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

it doesn't matter what crypto does, some refuse to accept it.

The took offence when crypto started and never invested, and now they are bitter. 

I have a crypto debit card and have been getting 3/4% back for years. Now the exchange is doing really well, due to great advertising. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/nov/17/la-lakers-home-to-be-renamed-cryptocom-arena-in-reported-700m-deal

Well done, I'm very happy for you but why address that to me? I did not promote or support cryptos in any way!

On 11/15/2021 at 2:15 PM, lkn said:

My question was about cost, realized, and unrealized profit, because still buying, when you started in 2013, does sound like a lot of unrealized profit, but based on @ed strong’s response, he might refer more to “trading” (different coins).

As said if you are a little familiar with the market then you wouldn't write what you write.

Yes I've traded but also lost alot of trades, better to buy and hold.

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

As said if you are a little familiar with the market then you wouldn't write what you write.

I am not sure what you mean by that. That my question was basically rhetorical, because nobody would have realized profit exceeding their total cost?

Remember though that bitcoin has split a few times, there have been airdrops, and some tokens could have been obtained by mining. So it could have been possible to have realized more profit than total cost. I asked you because you said you were “set up for life now”, hence perhaps you had been converting some of these airdrops or extra tokens from chain splits to real estate or other securities.

But it sounds like you mainly have unrealized gains, am I correct?

I realize you might not want to share too much detail about your finances, so it’s OK if you give my question a pass.

I find it interesting though, that if my assumptions are correct, that you would still be buying. If you are really set up for life, you should think about preserving your wealth rather than grow it. I have a friend in exactly the same situation, triple digit number of bitcoins, yet he still has a mortgage and zero diversification.

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The guy, Richard Hart is a weirdo, with a very dodgy background. Stay well away from this, IMHO. 

Weirdo or not its the best performed crypto the last 2 years , all I care about but lets see 2 year from know if I get it right or wrong but it will feel good to rub it inn to all of you that scream scam/ponzi ????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, engamann said:

Weirdo or not its the best performed crypto the last 2 years , all I care about but lets see 2 year from know if I get it right or wrong but it will feel good to rub it inn to all of you that scream scam/ponzi ????????

I wish you luck. Did you ever see his early videos, when he had long hair?

4 hours ago, lkn said:

triple digit number of bitcoins, yet he still has a mortgage and zero diversification.

So he has unrealized gains with his house? 

I know a few bitcoin maximalists that will never sell their bitcoin, bit borrow against it. 

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well done, I'm very happy for you but why address that to me? I did not promote or support cryptos in any way!

I know you didn't. I was replying to you, referring to the guy who you were replying to, if that makes sense ???? 

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So he has unrealized gains with his house? 

I know a few bitcoin maximalists that will never sell their bitcoin, bit borrow against it. 

If hyperinflation is coming, then the debt on the house will quickly drop. If you believe crypto will stay strong or even become much stronger in such an environment, it makes no sense to sell the crypto to pay off the debt.

I’m far from wealthy, but if crypto goes up a lot in value in the coming months, I’ll sell a bit to buy a condo here in Thailand, but I will like also finance it with a loan (50%) through MBK Guarantee.

• Like 2