Verification of your date of birth, arrival date, and vaccination date in the Thailand Pass system

2 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

Update: problem solved the low-tech way! TL;DR: just contact support and do a new application if you can't change the dates.

I spent way too much time trying to fix the problem, which in the end was a React web-app misconfiguration on their end.  I thought I had a hackaround but the config persisted on the server and there was just no way to enter a date more than one day before/after the stored date.

So I e-mailed support and quickly got a reply.  They tried to edit the dates and ran into the same problem -- but, presumably because they know what to expect from government programmers, they told me to just do another application.

Which I did, using a different e-mail address.  And it was approved almost instantly, I'm pretty sure in under a minute, which I take to mean someone was actually sitting there expecting it to arrive.

Support Team was super helpful and I feel a little stupid for not just contacting them yesterday, but hackers gonna hack I guess.

Throughout this little trip down the web-app rabbit hole I kept wondering... there must be people out there who had dates to correct but didn't even try correcting them, because on the first day after that e-mail went out the system told them it was "rectified," right?  So they will be showing up at airports with approved but maybe invalid Thailand Passes, right?  And what happens then?

I hope the folks in the call center are as responsive as the online team was today, because I guess they're going to be getting some frantic calls from the check-in counters.

Your new application was auto approved, most likely. No human involvement. I used the same e-mail address when I applied again. It got auto approved immediately, again.

9 hours ago, goldmagpie said:

Your new application was auto approved, most likely. No human involvement. I used the same e-mail address when I applied again. It got auto approved immediately, again.

I thought of that.  The software quality of the web app speaks strongly against there being a proper auto-approval system for this, i.e. actually automatically confirming the data... but then if I were a manager and I saw a flood of re-submissions for borked applications, and I didn't really have any ace developers on hand, I would probably say something like:

"If we already approved someone for this name and passport number, assume the new application is them correcting stuff they couldn't correct in the app, and just auto-approve it. If the data is still wrong deal with it later."

Still I find it calming to imagine I got some kind of concierge approval.  After all, humans answered my e-mails in real time, so anything is possible! ????

A big question would be, how far out in advance can one register.  I am in Thailand but will travel to the US at the beginning of the year and return 5 weeks later so a February return.  Wondering when to apply instead of waiting until I am in the US to make sure I have no issues.  Sure anything can happen between now and then, but then TIT.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wondering when to apply instead of waiting until I am in the US to make sure I have no issues.

You would need to have your flight booked and insurance paid for, for the return trip to Thailand, in order to get your hotel booking.  And then you would need the hotel booking and the insurance in order to get your Thailand Pass.

If you plan to have all that before you leave, then if I were you I'd go ahead and get the Thailand Pass if they let you do it that far ahead.  You can always re-apply later if your plans change.

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A big question would be, how far out in advance can one register.  I am in Thailand but will travel to the US at the beginning of the year and return 5 weeks later so a February return.  Wondering when to apply instead of waiting until I am in the US to make sure I have no issues.  Sure anything can happen between now and then, but then TIT.

When I use my wife’s QR code to access her information on their website, there is an issuance date and an expire date. Her issuance date is 2021-11-15 and her expire date is 2022-02-13. When you are within 90 days of arrival back to Thailand, that is the earliest I recommend you register.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:58 PM, alex8912 said:

Some arrivals are 11:30 pm or just after midnight so the night you book a hotel you may actually arrive at hotel the next day ( after midnight) even. So how does your hotel booking determine this?

I think you will find that arrivals after 18.00 are considered to be the next day. ie Day 0.

When I did it, it was 7 days and as I arrived in the afternoon my Day 1 started at 6pm that evening.

34 minutes ago, FalangTingTong said:

I thought of that.  The software quality of the web app speaks strongly against there being a proper auto-approval system for this, i.e. actually automatically confirming the data... but then if I were a manager and I saw a flood of re-submissions for borked applications, and I didn't really have any ace developers on hand, I would probably say something like:

"If we already approved someone for this name and passport number, assume the new application is them correcting stuff they couldn't correct in the app, and just auto-approve it. If the data is still wrong deal with it later."

Still I find it calming to imagine I got some kind of concierge approval.  After all, humans answered my e-mails in real time, so anything is possible! ????

No. Some get instant approval the first time. Ie, no human checking.

28 minutes ago, FalangTingTong said:

You would need to have your flight booked and insurance paid for, for the return trip to Thailand, in order to get your hotel booking.  And then you would need the hotel booking and the insurance in order to get your Thailand Pass.

If you plan to have all that before you leave, then if I were you I'd go ahead and get the Thailand Pass if they let you do it that far ahead.  You can always re-apply later if your plans change.

I have my flights already, have my insurance already as well since I live in Thailand on an OA retirement extension and can easily book the SHA+ down the street from my residence here in Bangkok.

Thanks for the feedback and yes if its not allowed I will reapply.  I will also wait until 90 days before my return.  All is booked in stone as of now. No changes to be scheduled unless covid shuts feces down again.

Will keep all updated when I do it the beginning of December.

Edited by ThailandRyan

16 minutes ago, donx said:

When I use my wife’s QR code to access her information on their website, there is an issuance date and an expire date. Her issuance date is 2021-11-15 and her expire date is 2022-02-13. When you are within 90 days of arrival back to Thailand, that is the earliest I recommend you register.

Thanks, that's why we use this forum to share information. Have a great day.

• Like 1