Thailand Pass Problem - Need help

HI gusy,

so I recently obtained a 60 day tourist visa and proceeded to register for the thai pass.

I have all the documents required and and I filled in the application.

However, my registration was rejected: Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to Mismatch arrival date and hotel booking

So, here's the thing... I arrive in BKK at 12.05 am on the 29th of November so I indicated the 29th as my arrival date.

However, since I need a room for the night between the 28th and the 29th my reservation is for the 28th.

It goes without saying that rejecting my registration was retarded, but thai stupidity is well known already.

So, did anybody have the same problem? And, most importantly, how do I fix it? I have two weeks to get my pass but not sure how to go about this.

I could change the departure date, but then they could look at the flight itinerary and say it's incorrect. Also, my insurance is from the 29th, so changing the departure date would lead to more problems?

Any thoughts? This looks like a real mes.....

any help would be really appreciated

I can see the problem. I think the easiest route is to contact the hotel and get them to do another booking confirmation for you - stating your arrival as being 29th - room booked for 29th.  Clearly the hotel would have to also understand the problem and your actual arrivale time and date.  To clarify - leave your real booking as it is but explain to the hotel you need the confirmation to state 29th.

Unless they have staff that are very good with English, get a Thai to speak to them if you can.

Obviously when you re-apply you need to put 29th as your arrival date and the booking confirmation shouldn't say anything about 28th.

There may be other ways but I think that will solve is the fastest.

The Thai authorities clearly didn't think of this and their automated system is simply kicking it out.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I can see the problem. I think the easiest route is to contact the hotel and get them to do another booking confirmation for you - stating your arrival as being 29th - room booked for 29th.  Clearly the hotel would have to also understand the problem and your actual arrivale time and date.  To clarify - leave your real booking as it is but explain to the hotel you need the confirmation to state 29th.

Unless they have staff that are very good with English, get a Thai to speak to them if you can.

Obviously when you re-apply you need to put 29th as your arrival date and the booking confirmation shouldn't say anything about 28th.

There may be other ways but I think that will solve is the fastest.

The Thai authorities clearly didn't think of this and their automated system is simply kicking it out.

yeah, their system is pretty bad.

I'll try your suggestion man, although I'm not sure the hotel will help me out.

Still, yeah, this is idiotic.

Anyways, thanks for the advice, I"ll try to contact the hotel

7 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I had a similar problem. The hotel was willing to give me a different booking confirmation document reflecting my early a.m. arrival even though I was actually staying the next day.

Okay, thanks, I contacted the hotel. I hope they can help me out. (but I guess you mean they changed the date to the next day even though you were arriving in the early am)

I mean in my case arrival date 29th, hotel booking 28th (night from 28th to 29th) so I would need a confirmation that says I will stay there on the 29th

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Just book your hotel for the correct date of arrival. Confirm with the hotel about the early am arrival, and pick up. It's part of their package 

My hotel is actually booked for the correct date... In the sense that I will staying the night between the 28th and the 29th, so, yeah, booking for the 28th is technically correct. It's not my fault the stupid this pass site just looks at dates and doesn't understand that arriving at five minutes past midnight on the 29th really means I have to book the hotel for the 28th.

19 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

yeah, their system is pretty bad.

I'll try your suggestion man, although I'm not sure the hotel will help me out.

Still, yeah, this is idiotic.

Anyways, thanks for the advice, I"ll try to contact the hotel

Failing that, I can't remember but if you have to input the arrival date at the hotel and manually put in the hotel booking date - this could be the problem.  The system is fully automated supposedly so if its just checking that information rather then reading the hotel's booking - you should be OK. You could try that before calling the hotel.

So, again depending if you have to input this information - I know you do the flight arrival  - its:

Hotel booking date: 29 11 2021

Arrival date: 29 11 2021.

If the automated system is reading the hotel booking, you will have to get the hotel to deal with it.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

My hotel is actually booked for the correct date... In the sense that I will staying the night between the 28th and the 29th, so, yeah, booking for the 28th is technically correct. It's not my fault the stupid this pass site just looks at dates and doesn't understand that arriving at five minutes past midnight on the 29th really means I have to book the hotel for the 28th.

No your mistaken about that.    you booked the wrong date based on arrival which is what is required by the regulations, tracking and covid management. Simple fix is correct your arrival date with the hotel and confirm they will pick you up. 

Edited by Dan O

24 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No your mistaken about that.    you booked the wrong date based on arrival which is what is required by the regulations, tracking and covid management. Simple fix is correct your arrival date with the hotel and confirm they will pick you up. 

You are correct but its understandable.

42 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I see your point but according to common sense a booking is valid from the date of arrival to the next day. Since I land at 12.05 pm I need a booking for the 28th and 29th, which I do have.

Anyways, regulations are rather strict... and so yeah, I guess they can look at it as the wrong date.

It's poorly set up, that's the bottom line.

55 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Failing that, I can't remember but if you have to input the arrival date at the hotel and manually put in the hotel booking date - this could be the problem.  The system is fully automated supposedly so if its just checking that information rather then reading the hotel's booking - you should be OK. You could try that before calling the hotel.

So, again depending if you have to input this information - I know you do the flight arrival  - its:

If the automated system is reading the hotel booking, you will have to get the hotel to deal with it.

I did contact the hotel but in the meantime I'll try what you suggested.

16 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

I see your point but according to common sense a booking is valid from the date of arrival to the next day. Since I land at 12.05 pm I need a booking for the 28th and 29th, which I do have.

Anyways, regulations are rather strict... and so yeah, I guess they can look at it as the wrong date.

It's poorly set up, that's the bottom line.

Not really. They set out the regulations for proper tracking and management on arrival. Your looking at it as a normal hotel stay which it isn't. 

6 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not really. They set out the regulations for proper tracking and management on arrival. Your looking at it as a normal hotel stay which it isn't. 

Dude, are you thai? Does the term 'common sense' elude you?

They can set their <deleted> regulations up any way they want but that doesn't change the fact that if I arrive at 12.05 am I can't book a hotel on the same date, it has to be for the date before.

If I booked for the 29th I'd have to wait for twelve hours at the airport before I can check in.

So, yeah, sure, just setting up the computer to compare dates is easier for them, but it will prevent many legit travelers like me from completing the thai pass because the dates don't take into consideration how traveling works in reality.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

actually I don't think this would work because the thai pass website also asks for the checkout date....

so it might work at first if, like you said, the system just looks at the dates I reported, but if somebody checks my documents later on they might see the incorrect dates in my confirmation letter (28th to 29th).

I'm worried it might get rejected any ways but it might take longer and then I would have less time to reapply.

thanks for the advice, though. Any help is appreciated.

Oh <deleted>! My family’s going have the same issue. They arrive at 00:05 on the 28th of December. I booked their hotel for the 27th to the 30th as required. Their Test & Go confirmation indicates that they arrive on the 27th. I’ll ask the hotel to provide an updated confirmation that states that the arrival is the 28th.

I’ve got bigger problems because the hotel booking confirmation is through Agoda whereas the Test & Go confirmation is directly through hotel. I’ve got 2 separate confirmation - neither of with indicate the flight number they are arriving on which I read somewhere on here was required.

• Sad 1

I'm surprised they found that. I have a friend in the US that is coming on the 20th of December he went through all the steps sent a way to get the approval. Then he realized the insurance he bought was incorrect the dates were only good for half of his stay. He wanted to resubmit I told him just hang on until they contact him a few days later he got his approval and the Q R code. So I'm not sure if approval is done manually automatically but they didn't catch his mistake.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niteowl45 said:

Dude, are you thai? Does the term 'common sense' elude you?

They can set their <deleted> regulations up any way they want but that doesn't change the fact that if I arrive at 12.05 am I can't book a hotel on the same date, it has to be for the date before.

If I booked for the 29th I'd have to wait for twelve hours at the airport before I can check in.

So, yeah, sure, just setting up the computer to compare dates is easier for them, but it will prevent many legit travelers like me from completing the thai pass because the dates don't take into consideration how traveling works in reality.

Nope just stating the facts. Your making it way harder than needed. You arrive on the 29th and the documents have to match on the booking. The hotel picks you up at the arrival day and time, it's in the package you bought. Changes to booking are free if you show the Thai Pass was rejected.   Do what you want, you're just wasting your time. 

10 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Nope just stating the facts. Your making it way harder than needed. You arrive on the 29th and the documents have to match on the booking. The hotel picks you up at the arrival day and time, it's in the package you bought. Changes to booking are free if you show the Thai Pass was rejected.   Do what you want, you're just wasting your time. 

My understanding is that if you arrive at 1:00 AM, hotels require you to book your reservation as if you arrive the previous day. They charge by the night so their booking systems book you for the day before you arrive. It’s considered a late arrival.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hereforgood said:

I'm surprised they found that. I have a friend in the US that is coming on the 20th of December he went through all the steps sent a way to get the approval. Then he realized the insurance he bought was incorrect the dates were only good for half of his stay. He wanted to resubmit I told him just hang on until they contact him a few days later he got his approval and the Q R code. So I'm not sure if approval is done manually automatically but they didn't catch his mistake.

this is weird... but maybe they only check certain things automatically. The dates discrepancy would be easy to detect by a machine but I think a human would realize I just arrive late at night.

12 hours ago, wasabi said:

I had a similar problem. The hotel was willing to give me a different booking confirmation document reflecting my early a.m. arrival even though I was actually staying the next day.

OP, as I said earlier and as wasabi above points out - this is the best way to deal with it.

• Like 1

My wife received her QR code last night at 2:00 AM EST. It has her arrival date correctly shown as 28 December 2021 even though her booking and Test & Go package certificates show her arriving on December 27. I thought this was going to be an issue since she, like the OP, arrives at 00:05.

My guess is that either 1) someone is inspecting these documents manually and the person reviewing her documents understood the situation. Or 2) the flight number I entered is the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok, but the OP entered his/her flight departing from the place of origin. Initially I tried to enter both flight numbers into the Thailand Pass form, but I was only allowed to enter one flight number, so I chose to enter to flight that arrives in Bangkok on the 28th.

I still need to confirm that my son and daughter received a QR code, but they won't be awake for several hours.

3 hours ago, donx said:

My wife received her QR code last night at 2:00 AM EST. It has her arrival date correctly shown as 28 December 2021 even though her booking and Test & Go package certificates show her arriving on December 27. I thought this was going to be an issue since she, like the OP, arrives at 00:05.

My guess is that either 1) someone is inspecting these documents manually and the person reviewing her documents understood the situation. Or 2) the flight number I entered is the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok, but the OP entered his/her flight departing from the place of origin. Initially I tried to enter both flight numbers into the Thailand Pass form, but I was only allowed to enter one flight number, so I chose to enter to flight that arrives in Bangkok on the 28th.

I still need to confirm that my son and daughter received a QR code, but they won't be awake for several hours.

Unfortunately I did enter the correct flight, the one from Narita and that lands in Bangkok so I guess that if somebody did review the application whoever reviewed mine is a total moron.

Meantime, my registration is still canceled and so far the hotel hasn't replied. I"m kinda screwed here, although I suppose I could try and reapply and hope someone with a brain looks at my application

The Thai Pass is simple and doesn’t want us to ‘over think’ with the application of common sense:

Book the arrival hotel for the same date as your arriving flight - thats it nothing else. 

Repeat: book the hotel on exactly the same date your flight arrives. 

IF your flight arrival is 00:05 hrs on 20-December-2021 - book the hotel from 20-December and to check out on 21-December: The hotel will work the rest out, you will have to give them your arrival details and they will arrange transfers to the hotel and PCR tests (either at the hotel or Via a hospital)... Thats it, that simple.

I’ve made 4 entries into Thailand so far, 2 ASQ, 1 Sandbox, 1 Test & Go - the entry timings and hotel bookings etc are all the same - simple and not to be over thought - this is just to ‘please tick the right boxes’ on the applications.

-----------

Normal hotels all have a check in at 14:00 hrs, however, this is not normal !!!...  otherwise that would be 14 hours of flight arrivals which theoretically would incur the previous nights stay, especially if the hotel was not one which offers an early check in from 11am etc... and thats still 11 hours !!!

The hotels know the AQ package they are offering, they know that if someone arrives at 1am, or 10am is very unlikely they’ll stay the night anyway as they’ll have their PCR test by mid-afternoon and be gone, and if not, then they still have a guest paying for night in rooms which may otherwise be empty given the lack of tourist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niteowl45 said:

Unfortunately I did enter the correct flight, the one from Narita and that lands in Bangkok so I guess that if somebody did review the application whoever reviewed mine is a total moron.

Meantime, my registration is still canceled and so far the hotel hasn't replied. I"m kinda screwed here, although I suppose I could try and reapply and hope someone with a brain looks at my application

Get the correct booking dates from your hotel with reflect the same arrival date. 

Re-apply with the correct arrival date in your hotel booking.

You should get a response within 3 days.

This is only about ‘checking a check box’ - the hotel will take care of the rest, they will need your flight arrival details etc. 

• Like 1