Immigration appointment

I know I probably sound like a crazy person but does anyone know if there is actually a way to make an appointment with an immigration official?

I have a visa issue that requires a bit of an explanation and so far phone calls have not worked.  Has anyone managed this, other than dealing with staff at section J ?

Thanks in advance. ;-)

Des

11 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Thanks for your quick reply Dr Jack. I'm a newbie here - who is ubonjoe?

not permitted to discuss members.

However ubonjoe is a moderator and our #1 source of advice for all matters regarding visas etc etc.

If your question/inquiry is not personal you could outline it and possibly obtain good advice.

Perhaps someone has had same issue. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

f your question/inquiry is not personal you could outline it and possibly obtain good advice.

Perhaps someone has had same issue. 

Well, the poster did just that, gave the OP an idea to whom he turn to how else will you direct members to other members that can help i'd like to know?...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, anyone with beer in their name deserves a reply. My situation requires a long-winded explanation. I'll try to shorten it. My intention was to apply for the renewed STV. Due to a delay and problems with the new online registration I was forced to take the 60 day visa, even though I had ALL the paperwork for the STV, because I had a flight booked. I did not know if things would be resolved in time. So, I am looking for a way to stay longer than just a 30 day extension. I have a 6 month condo lease. I have paid for insurance etc. etc.... this is the short version.

yes, I assumed the STV could not happen. This is where the crazy person mention in my original email comes in to play.. I am hopeful, due to the need for tourism, long stay in particular, they might grant me extensions outside the normal procedure.

5 minutes ago, Des1 said:

yes, I assumed the STV could not happen. This is where the crazy person mention in my original email comes in to play.. I am hopeful, due to the need for tourism, long stay in particular, they might grant me extensions outside the normal procedure.

That absolutely won't happen.

If 60 day covid extensions continue you could obtain those.

You must be under 50 as you would just obtain a non O. 

You could use an agent to obtain non O volunteering. That would provide 90 day stay. Note some agents stating currently unavailable.

Update from Ubonjoe. The Thai gov may be in the process of reinstating the covid amnesty program. It would make sense, considering they want to attract tourist. Why kick us out when we are already here and spending money?

5 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Update from Ubonjoe. The Thai gov may be in the process of reinstating the covid amnesty program. It would make sense, considering they want to attract tourist. Why kick us out when we are already here and spending money?

That would be a big surprise.

Many thought that the 60 day covid extensions would be continued however there was never a suggestion of an Amnesty.

18 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Its always nice to acknowledge the concept of kindness and deference in Asian societies and as it is Thai styled. Take a nice gift basket of cookies or a home made cake even better to  the local offices and discretely gift this to all for their coffee break. Then return a few days later and ask quietly and respectfully if a sit-down can be had with your Thai support to translate and observe cultural protocols.

I used to, still do at license renew times etc take a cookie gift basket to the DOT offices in Phuket and give this as a thank you and kindness. They love me and take great care of me every time I go there ☺️

The art of gift giving is something I learnt in Thailand, multiple benefits regardless of underlying intentions........works a treat and one has nothing to lose, save for the price of the gift and for those that haven't tried it........it feels good too.....................................

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be a big surprise.

Many thought that the 60 day covid extensions would be continued however there was never a suggestion of an Amnesty.

There is something in process that does appear to be another amnesty that was approved by the cabinet on Tuesday.

Now waiting for a ministerial order done by interior minister to be posted in the royal gazette that will have more details about it.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is something in process that does appear to be another amnesty that was approved by the cabinet on Tuesday.

Now waiting for a ministerial order done by interior minister to be posted in the royal gazette that will have more details about it.

Thanks.

I'm in shock. Never imagined that might occur.

If indeed goes into gazette the next guess would be how long would an Amnesty last.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

If indeed goes into gazette the next guess would be how long would an Amnesty last.

The cabinet resolution mentioned December 31st but you can be sure it will be extended like the one they did in April of last year. I think they are doing it to reduce crowding at immigration offices due to some covid 19 clusters occurring related to immigration offices like Jomtien recently.

• Like 1

They reinstated the STV so that is 270 days. For those who arrived just before that became available, what difference does it make to let them stay longer? We'll pay whatever fees are required etc. We're here already, why send us home.

32 minutes ago, Des1 said:

They reinstated the STV so that is 270 days. For those who arrived just before that became available, what difference does it make to let them stay longer? We'll pay whatever fees are required etc. We're here already, why send us home.

You can buy a Thailand Elite visa

Well, first thing, I am not interested in spending 5 years here, just the winters. I'm from Canada so the Elite card means $6000/y. I don't think so. I'm retired so I have lots of time to do the immigration dance, rather than waste that amount of money. If you can afford it, good for you.