OA visa EXTENSION (NOT APPLICATION) insurance requirements within Thailand

Hi Retirees, I went to Phuket immigration today to inquire about extending my OA Visa. 

The student who was helping at the office, and speaking with staff inside the office, showed me this handwritten set of requirements. 

However, when I asked her what specifically are the health insurance requirements, all 3 of the staff there could not give me an answer... ????... They would just keep repeating that I need health insurance. At one point, one of the girls said any health insurance... !?!?!

So I'm here to try to find out exactly what are the minimum requirements? Has anyone found this out & extended successfully? 

The link here technically is for (NEW) OA VISA APPLICATIONS... Not stated for OA VISA EXTENSION...Please comment if this is incorrect... 

Thanks in advance...

PXL_20211116_072715804.jpg

Info for the extension of stay based upon retirement at Phuket immigration is here.

https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

You only need the standard 40/400k baht insurance at this time. The 3 million baht insurance is only required for new OA visa application until September 1st of next next year and that is not a certainty since immigration has not issued a order for it yet.

@wrazoru guessing by your threads regarding extension for non O-A and also asking about possibility of "switching" to obtaining covid extensions......

Just a suggestion. Stick with the extension based on retirement.

Yes you need the 400/40 insurance however IMO better option than change to covid extensions.

When does current permission of stay end and how long do you plan to stay in Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I thought I heard that Phuket imm - and only Phuket Imm - were not requiring it for extensions?

That's correct. Think it's the case for non O-A issued prior to when they introduced the insurance requirement.

Not sure when the OP obtained his non O-A.

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's correct. Think it's the case for non O-A issued prior to when they introduced the insurance requirement.

Not sure when the OP obtained his non O-A.

Obtained 2019 July. 

Left & re-entered Thailand Dec2019... (unfortunately as it's this date that's apparently makes the insurance a requirement).

Extension of OA Visa in Dec 2020.