Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

7 minutes ago, sungod said:

You are the one who is claiming they are right, I am not, just waiting for more information, its all about choice and you cant force your opinion on me.

Claiming that who is right? If you're referring to scientific expectation of latent illness arising from covid vaccines, I'm saying that it's a lot more probable that there will be none than is the case for the covid virus. Current scientific knowledge overwhelmingly supports that this is the case. 

• Sad 1

On 11/17/2021 at 4:46 PM, soumanioco said:

You don't get it do you...

Because the only way to get our lives back is for this to end.

And the pandemic will end when the entire population reaches the aggregate that will include the cured, the dead and the vaccinated, so the virus will not be able to find others to infect. The few vaccinated cases here and there will be a walk in the park compared to what's happening now.

Gibraltar is over 99% vaccinated. Take a look at what's happening there.
Christmas Celebrations Cancelled in Most Vaccinated Area in the World as Cases Spike

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your own article states clearly that Gibraltar has a low number of Covid infections.

That is what happens when your internet friends send you stuff to post, but you don’t bother to read it first.

Vaccination reduces the number of new Covid infections, thanks for sharing this information.

I read it. The point is, they're not going back to normal because of a spike in cases. I think you must have just scanned.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 7.53.21 AM.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm not "anti vax". This vax isn't like previous ones. Vaccinated can still catch, carry, and transmit covid. That's a known fact. Those who want it should get it. Those who don't (or can't, like 2 of my family members) shouldn't be punished for not getting it. 

Covid vaccines can prevent infection up to 90%. Vaccination stops infections from spreading.

To protect your family members, you should encourage everyone to vaccinate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Gibraltar is over 99% vaccinated. Take a look at what's happening there.
Christmas Celebrations Cancelled in Most Vaccinated Area in the World as Cases Spike

Gibraltar also borders on Spain which isn't 100% vaccinated. Are residents of Gibraltar prohibited from commuting to Spain or going there to purchase daily necessities? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Gibraltar also borders on Spain which isn't 100% vaccinated. Are residents of Gibraltar prohibited from commuting to Spain or going there to purchase daily necessities? 

I wouldn't worry too much about Gibraltar. Cases there will soon return to very low levels, and the anti-Vaxxers will forget about it, and focus on the next shiny object, an uptick in Blackpool or Richmond, Virginia. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sungod said:

So, you have no evidence that the longterm effects of vaccines will have no detrimental effect on our health, only probability.

You are chasing your tail, justifying your arguments with nonsense. I have no more information than you, dont claim to, but i am not saying I am right, just wish to wait and see more evidence to better serve my judgement.

Good night.

Millions have been vaccinated for over a year, yet we are not seeing any demonstrated long term effects. 

I guess you will be waiting a long time. Here's a spoiler: everyone who is vaccinated will die. Someday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Millions have been vaccinated for over a year, yet we are not seeing any demonstrated long term effects. 

I guess you will be waiting a long time. Here's a spoiler: everyone who is vaccinated will die. Someday. 

You guys just dont get it, the choice to wait and see- not much to ask.

• Like 1

Ironic back in May that many on here were crying about human rights, their choice what they put in their bodies when Buriram made vaccination compulsory and only Sinovac was on offer.  All bleating saying they wanted to wait for other vaccines.

Wanted the choice then, now saying others cant have a choice on when/if they have their vaccination. Hypocritical I think.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm not "anti vax". This vax isn't like previous ones. Vaccinated can still catch, carry, and transmit covid. That's a known fact. Those who want it should get it. Those who don't (or can't, like 2 of my family members) shouldn't be punished for not getting it. 

BUT a vaccine  mitigates the chance of going to hospital dying etc (yes i understand vaccinated ones can  pass it on)

Personally im vaccinated and if i spread it to someone who isn't vaccinated by their choice TUFF!

Those  allergic or cant be vaccinated for medical reasons will have to take extra care

I'm so confused now. 

Why are the double-vaxxed still ordered to wear masks in public? Is it to protect those unvaccinated dirty spreaders? And what about the temperature checks before entering buildings and social distancing?

What's the Point in C19 Vaccinations? 

What's the point of vaccinations if everyone is still supposed to fear the virus? Heck, even Holland has a partial lockdown to tackle a surge in infections. Yet, the Netherlands has the fourth-highest vaccination rate in the EU. So who are these governments trying to protect?

I always thought the only people who should have self-isolated were the highly vulnerable. I based that on the data, and it seems to be the only constant throughout this mess. 

But hey, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, and nor do I claim to be. So perhaps someone of average intelligence or higher can explain it all in a language that a five-year-old would understand?

Stubby

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

You are very fortunate to not have a child who was permanently damaged with chronic seizures, paralysis & pain from a vaccine, like me. Do you really think I would be considered a "good parent" to make her get this one? After her doctors told us she should never have another?

Are you able to say which vaccine it was, how many total injections were given at that same time, and how old was your child at the time? And also, do you know the total number of injections your child was given in the first five years of life?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Harveyg said:

Are you able to say which vaccine it was, how many total injections were given at that same time, and how old was your child at the time? And also, do you know the total number of injections your child was given in the first five years of life?

It was the HPV vaccine. None others at the same time. She was 13, and yes, she had all of her childhood vaccines. Her reaction is debilitating to this day.

Edited by BadSpottedDog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Their choice to take much-needed medical services away from those who are sick with other serious diseases?  Selfishness and/or ignorance!

What about those who dont wear seat belts in cars, crash helmets on bikes. People who dont follow healthy diets and dont exercise,ignore doctors, those who smoke and drink?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 7:12 AM, Midwit said:

Do you check the vaccination status of every person you interact with?  If you do you are beyond hope. The covid monster isn’t hiding under your bed to get you. If you personally have been injected with the good stuff why do you care about anyone else?  I’m sure you are also wearing 2 masks, spraying hand sanitizer on everything and running away from anyone that stands closer than 2 meters from you. 

I have coworkers that died from covid, in the transport industry and see stupid behavior everyday.  I do wear 2 masks and wash often.  Last thing i need is covid traveling (you’ll pay my bills?) and need negative results everytime i test to go/leave Thailand.  Usually i can tell the ones that refuse being vaccinated….they sound like you

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

It was the HPV vaccine. None others at the same time. She was 13, and yes, she had all of her childhood vaccines. Her reaction is debilitating to this day.

That is frightening .....on the other hand I see many reports hailing this vaccination and the impact on reducing cervical cancer. I suspect some abnormal autoimmune response occurred. Sorry to hear this and hope she improves. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 8:20 AM, BadSpottedDog said:

You are very fortunate to not have a child who was permanently damaged with chronic seizures, paralysis & pain from a vaccine, like me. Do you really think I would be considered a "good parent" to make her get this one? After her doctors told us she should never have another?

So, why are you posting about Gibraltar? 

You should want as many people as possible to vaccinate, to protect your daughter, since she cannot vaccinate. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/19/2021 at 8:00 AM, Danderman123 said:

But, like many anti-vax types, you are all excited about a temporary spike in one place,

Are you serious?  The vax better than thou crowd loves a case spike and excitement doesn't come close to describing the hysteria of a "rise in cases" causes.

How about vaccines are much more limiting than anticipated but seem to be the best alternative.  Shoving your logic down the anti vaxers throat is only going to make them laugh at your petulance IMO.  My advice to the anti vax proponents is to please get vaccinated to decrease the spread-  even if it helps only a little.  I'm sick of wearing masks and prefer being able to interact with people without the cloud of fear that I have never been able to grasp but respect it nonetheless.  If the fear is too much, I can understand but if it is political or whatever, please just get a jab...

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed