Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

12 hours ago, Toolong said:

I don't wish to shift too much from the main issue here, which is essentially the possible imposition of restrictive & puntive social sanctions against those unvaccinated, but could someone just explain to me why I might be incorrect in thinking that if vaccinated people can still become infected with C19.....and if vaccinated people can still infect others with C19, why should it be assumed that UNvaccinated people are a particular risk to others? (A risk to themselves, yes.) It's a genuine query and I am happy to be shown up as having faulty logic or as being uninformed if that is the case. 

(I am fully vaccinated btw, but only cos I could see exactly this kind of s**t coming down the road.....and lo, here it comes.)

Unvaccinated people pose a much higher risk of passing on the virus than vaccinated people, yes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Expat having received two doses of Pfizer from the USA donation. Stepdaughter has received two doses of Pfizer through her school. Thai wife … we await the Moderna doses she has paid for already … careful Thai government officials. Either provide Thai adults with the Moderna already paid for or the Pfizer vaccine  … now.

Edited by wwest5829

17 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Unvaccinated people pose a much higher risk of passing on the virus than vaccinated people, yes.

If, as you suggest, it's a matter of distinct & measureable degrees of difference in the infectability risk of vax vs unvax people, then I understand it is an important  difference to pay attention to. ????????

13 hours ago, blackcab said:

Like all laws, this one would need enforcing. I really can't see that happening after the first two weeks.

Well...other countries are doing it and one of them is the "Mother of Democracy" 

That is  nice... Copied from the western countries where there are demonstrations because people find it unfair that people are being forced to be vaccinated.

Now in the Netherlads I have read there are about 20.000 kids in the age of 5 to 12 year old who have tested positive for Covid. How are they going to hadle that when the school are fulle open?? They are  not vaccinated too but carriers of the virus. Although kids are less symptonic they can spread the virus.

And 1 jabi is not vaccinated. Only the ones who recieved 2 jabs are vaccinated and the vaccinations will only be effective for about 6-8 months....

Many things to solve...

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1

Do I believe that everybody being vaxxed will kill off the virus?

Yes, I do. Have you seen much Smallpox about lately? How about Polio? Why not?

That you believe that nobody was developing mRNA vaccines before 4 months ago tells us everything we need to know about your knowledge and expertise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Even the ones who have shook off Covid and have antibodies?

Antibodies developed after a COVID infection I have read, that based on current data, you have good immune response for several months.  After that period your susceptibility to being infected with COVID increases.  Adding to the issue are of course the never-ending COVID mutations.  Being previously infected with COVID and/or being vaccinated does not create life-long immunity unfortunately.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Russell17au said:

If you got you double vac at Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen you would have been handed the certificate of vaccination by the staff on level 2 before you were allowed to leave.

Not at the Hospital.

They organised public vaccination events at Central Plaza 5th floor, appointments made by the hospital. Vaccinations made by hospital personnel and I imagine others too.

Got a paper after the second which I suppose was the certificate.

Very grateful, as it was free.

6 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Some posters are spreading fake information.

1. The COVID vaccine wears out after 6 months, Not true.  Immunities may lessen after 6 months

and the elderly are being advised to get a booster to keep their immunities up.

2. The COVID vaccine expires, well the expiry date on your Vaccine certificate, is the

date the vial would have expired, if it was not injected into your arm.

Then there are many of the anti vaxxers who claim they have medical reasons that they

cannot get the vaccine, when a lot of them are just scared of needles, and some of them 

have a fear that they are losing their freedom if they get vaccinated.   People who actually have a medical reason

not to get vaccinated can get a certificate from their doctor.   Some of my relatives in their 30s

did not get the vaccine as they felt that they would not die if they contracted COVID, Then one of them got

sick with the virus, and let the others know how rotten he felt, and that he was on his way to the hospital as 

he was having trouble breathing.  Amazing, but the rest got their shots the very next day. 

This pandemic, certainly has shown us just how many people in the world, believe stuff they read on their

computers, but do not believe the news on TV or in the newspapers.  That is also amazing to believe.

What a world we live in.

Geezer

I'm not having a go at you but am curious to know you you find as credible on the news/TV and who you do not. I'm trying to fact check for myself the information I read or see on the news