I Love Living in Thailand

Mike Teavee

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Went once in 1994, did not like it

I go 3-5 times a year & love it… GF had her way we’d move here tmr, hands down her favourite island in Thailand & she’s from Satun so had Koh Lipe on her doorstep for years (oh & we came here on the way back from Koh Chang at her insistence). 

Funny how we all like different things. Like I’d never read another Clive Barker novel again (sorry, that’s what your forum name made me think of) but will read anything Brian Lumley writes (and there’s been some bad’uns) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I go 3-5 times a year & love it… GF had her way we’d move here tmr, hands down her favourite island in Thailand & she’s from Satun so had Koh Lipe on her doorstep for years (oh & we came here on the way back from Koh Chang at her insistence). 

Funny how we all like different things. Like I’d never read another Clive Barker novel again (sorry, that’s what your forum name made me think of) but will read anything Brian Lumley writes (and there’s been some bad’uns) 

I seriously hope you're not referring to any of the Harry Keogh dynasty books with that last comment! ???? ???? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

As I posted in another topic, if I had known 15 years ago what I know now, I would have chosen a different country to retire in, occasionally visiting Thailand. The feather that broke the camel's back was when the head of the Health Ministry referred to us as "dirty farangs" and "f***ing farangs" in public.

Each year, Thailand becomes more difficult to stay in, and anyone who denies it is a blind frog sitting in a pot of water that is slowly being brought to a boil.

I agree with the farang statement rightly to be condemned. And I do not understand why he was not brought before a Thai court for publicly embarrassing the Kingdom of Thailand. However, as an American reflecting on so much embarrassment coming from politicians in my own country I let much of all the foolishness role off … not worth my attention.

• Like 2