Thailand pass and old style red UK passport

Anyone had any problems with a older UK red passport... I have extra months on mine that are no longer valid (Brexit) and now the printed expiry date is not when it actually expires. 

It's still valid and has enough months for entry to Thailand etc under current UK gov regulations, is this going to get my tp rejected?

Also for anyone who has traveled with a old style passport with extra months like mine, what are you entering for booking info etc for flights?? The date as printed or the new date??

For anyone unfamiliar in the UK passports have been changed to be valid for 10 years only, previously if you renewed early you got extra months. Not anymore ???? 

A passport issued say Jan 1 2012 with a expiry of Oct 1 2022 is still valid but actually expires Jan 1 2022 ????

• Haha 2

I thought that was only for EU travel and that the rest of the known universe still go by the printed expiry date. I could be wrong of course.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will actually have problems with Thailand Pass, at least on this front, there are plenty of other problems of course ???? 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I thought that was only for EU travel and that the rest of the known universe still go by the printed expiry date. I could be wrong of course.

You know I  think you are right after some looking around I notice all the official stuff says for travel to Europe from UK, it's articles from other sources that don't mention this that had me concerned/confused about it.

• Like 1

My wife completed Thai Pass and was confirmed successful in UAE on a red passport this week.

As usual all the difficulties experienced by apparently many others (Covid appointments, certificates, visa  extension renewals, 90 day reports, etc., etc.} did not happen to us. I don't know if it's because our paperwork is always correct and properly presented, or we have some golden gift? 5 years and counting, cross fingers.... 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 6:29 AM, Sanookmike said:

You know I  think you are right after some looking around I notice all the official stuff says for travel to Europe from UK, it's articles from other sources that don't mention this that had me concerned/confused about it.

If you are planning a one-way trip to Thailand with a view to staying here long-term, then I would definitely recommend that you renew your passport in the UK (which is where, I assume, you are at the moment) before applying for a suitable visa (if necessary) and the Thailand Pass. Renewing a British passport from Thailand is an arduous process - except for those living in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OJAS said:

If you are planning a one-way trip to Thailand with a view to staying here long-term, then I would definitely recommend that you renew your passport in the UK (which is where, I assume, you are at the moment) before applying for a suitable visa (if necessary) and the Thailand Pass. Renewing a British passport from Thailand is an arduous process - except for those living in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

14 hours ago, asiam110 said:

Sanookmike, if you need a new/renewed passport, friend did his online and should have it back today or Monday, took about two weeks, another friend submitted same day but via post office and has heard nothing, take away processing times are faster than advertised but do it online

Thanks I should be good on this one but will be for sure the last trip on it, I did wonder about the turn around time for the renewals tho as it said online like 2 months at the moment.. 2 weeks is much better. 

I'm gonna get a extension in Feb and go from there. Will still have over 6 months then on it if then if my passport is good til the printed expiry. 

Edited by Sanookmike