Looking for air-over-water pressure tank

phaholyothin

10 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

I have purchased three "pressure tanks" for my own home starting in 2008. 300 liter and 500 liter. The problem, even with water that flows through 5 filters in line and is then stored in large Diamond Brand water storage tanks, is UNLESS you buy the more expensive stainless steel pressure tanks, they will rust out. I no longer have a "pressure tank" for household use. 

While you give some very useful information  and make an excellent point on the life of cheaper (I assume non bladder ) steel tanks there is important information missing.

What were the prices of the 300 & 500 litre tanks you got?

What are the prices of the 300 & 500 litre tanks in stainless steel?

You also make a good sales pitch for the Mitsubishi inverter pump. 
You don’t mention the Grundfos SCALA 2 which is very similar in price and specifications though the Grundfos SCALA 2 has more pressure settings (9 vs 5) and can supply a greater pressure 5.5 bar max for the Grundfos SCALA2 vs 3 bar max for the Mitsubishi 

226B07D9-6247-4963-AE36-02DEA7003A0E.thumb.jpeg.f51e17db2d58b065028adc1536c98fa1.jpeg

• Haha 1

I don't recall the prices I paid for any water tanks or pressure tanks in years past. I believe Grundfos is a fine quality brand of water pump for those who can afford to buy and maintain a Grundfos water pump. That brand has a fine reputation. In Isaan there are main distributors and then sub distributors of Grundfos brand. BMC in Korat is a main distributor of Grundfos pumps as I was told. Any expat looking to buy any water pump would do well to understand how repair service during the warranty period and AFTER the warranty period can be accomplished in THEIR location. 

3 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

I don't recall the prices I paid for any water tanks or pressure tanks in years past. I believe Grundfos is a fine quality brand of water pump for those who can afford to buy and maintain a Grundfos water pump. That brand has a fine reputation. In Isaan there are main distributors and then sub distributors of Grundfos brand. BMC in Korat is a main distributor of Grundfos pumps as I was told. Any expat looking to buy any water pump would do well to understand how repair service during the warranty period and AFTER the warranty period can be accomplished in THEIR location. 

Understanding the warranty situation is certainly important. Our Grundfos pump developed a fault a year after install. I took it back to the dealer we purchased it from, after about 5 minutes they confirmed that the pump had indeed developed a fault and gave us a brand new unit (not repaired not reconditioned but brand new in its original box) so within 30 minutes of arriving in Khon Kaen we were continuing our shopping with the new unit in the car. They did emphasise that I could have e-mailed a video for diagnosis so didn’t need to bring it in, however I was confident that I knew that it was the pump at fault and needed repair. I was astounded at the level of service and speed of service given.

they also stated that the information plate on the pump was sufficient and the original receipt was not required.

I am equally confident that should the replacement ever develop problems service will be equally speedy.