Two arrested in Sydney over alleged 300kg heroin seizure in Thailand

webfact

If I was a vengeful person I'd say introduce them to full blown addiction then let them experience to horrors of cold turkey withdrawal over and over again for maybe 10 to 20 years while they savour the delights of one of the worlds worst prisons; 'The Bangkok Hilton'. 

The photo is from Malaysia, Kastam is Malay for customs, and Malaysia is written on the board at the back. Maybe they seized the drugs after leaving Thailand to try to catch other accomplices. Or, it is a stock photo as there seems to be a lot more than 300 kg there. Still, a good result regardless of the minor details.

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Some of these massive busts get limited publicity.

Even more so when the drugs are mysteriously "lost". See 11.4 tonnes of ketamine in Chachaengsao.

That seizure got massive publicity but the "drugs" were not "mysteriously lost".  There was no Ketamine to lose, mysteriously, or otherwise.   

(See "keeping up with what actually happened").

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP doesn't say that the photo shows the drugs involved in this case.  You actually counted them?

I would have thought it would be a fair assumption that the picture shown was related to the report, although in this case it seems it isn't, or are you saying It's quite normal to report on something and then show pictures from a completely different incident? You know like "Police arrest rioters in London" and show a picture of Venezuelan police arresting rioters in Caracas.

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I would have thought it would be a fair assumption that the picture shown was related to the report, although in this case it seems it isn't, or are you saying It's quite normal to report on something and then show pictures from a completely different incident? You know like "Police arrest rioters in London" and show a picture of Venezuelan police arresting rioters in Caracas.

I am afraid it happens all to often... some old stock pic is reused. 

• Like 1